Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:23:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Finish CD?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Finish CD?  (Read 83299 times)
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2008, 10:49:48 PM »

i totally get ur point too...

i went to 2 of the new band shows... hell they were amazing!!! they really were... IMO gave the old GNR a good run their money... any day of the week.

but the US music scene is not the same. come on... the biggest selling rock band is LINKIN PARK!!!!! and NICKELBACK is close there too... WTF?Huh?

exactly... people that buy that garbage... don't generally strike me as sophisticated enough to buy CD. I know what you're gonna say... don't underestimate the general public... I do and I have the right to... let's face it the general public is stupid. That's why I don't even listen to the radio anymore...

I guess I would have to see GN'R make another splash like it did before. People lining up at midnight... waiting for HOURS to buy the UYI cassettes... I did that with my bro... don't see people doing that anymore. The generation after us are too fucking lazy. They wan't everything handed to them. Lyrical meaning... musical depth... it means shit today.

I miss those days... when music meant something in the mainstream.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2008, 11:11:34 PM »

Could be the record label doesn't know what to do with it, or how to market it. Whatever the label does is going to cost them money; release it and they may not make any money back, releasing it with no promotion would be a death nail. And pumping money into promotion they may not recoup could be too scary of a risk. Shelving it will cost them zero extra dollars. He may have waited too long. Undecided

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2008, 11:13:42 PM »

Yeah I understand your point, I'm just conservative and have a "wait and see what happens" approach. Obviously 'wait' isn't a popular term in the GNR community.  Tongue

In my opinion, Chinese Democracy can make an impact on the music scene and the industry as a whole. How large an impact remains to be scene but around the time of AFD the music scene was tepid with uniformity and electronic new-wave pop, and I think Axl has some powerful words to say on this record, so I really believe in him and the band.

I want GNR to return to their 'former' glory too, but I think this album will need to grab people's attention bursting fanbase thing can happen again for the 2nd record. So whatever the holdup is, I may not like it but I sure as hell respect it.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2008, 11:43:08 PM »

I don't think it will never come out, I actually do think it will. But it will probably be a long while before it sees the light of day. And it could be the label has specific plans for it, they really have no clue what to do with it, or they're trying to sell it off. Either way, I have no doubt it's a great record, but that really doesn't help the labels interest in this matter. And unfortunately, their's is the only one that matters at this point.

I don't think GNR will make an impact sales wise, I just don't think this is going to be a HUGE record; its probably going to be a big disappointment sales wise. But what will matter is that it could become a success in a critical sense. I really think its going to get high marks as a powerful and relevent record. That might be a victory in itself.

If all three or four records end up making a profit then it will be a success. I just hope we're able to hear the second one. Sadly, we may only get one GNR album out of the four, folks.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 11:45:33 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #204 on: January 23, 2008, 01:33:46 AM »

Sadly, we may only get one GNR album out of the four, folks.

I'd be happy with that.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2008, 03:29:48 AM »

I'd be happy with that.

I'd be a little disappointed if all we got was one album and we've heard half the tracks already. Not that we're meant to have heard them (other than the live environment)  but still....

I'd be quite happy if they released every song out there, good or bad, then I could make up my mind which ones I like. I'd pay good money for it too

Here today...ready to rock
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2008, 04:36:26 AM »

I'd be happy with that.

I'd be a little disappointed if all we got was one album and we've heard half the tracks already. Not that we're meant to have heard them (other than the live environment)  but still....
I'd be quite happy if they released every song out there, good or bad, then I could make up my mind which ones I like. I'd pay good money for it too

But Axl must have known when He played a few live songs in 01/02 that someone would be recording it either video/audio,
Although I know leaks are better quality, but the only undoing of this is Axl, He could of road the wave that the leaks created and
use that as promotion for the album, but The wave came and gone, and Axl's left stranded with the record company...

I just hope he lets us know if its coming out soon or not in the next few months, so Us fans can get the heads up,
the last bit of news/information we got out of axl was in december 2006, 2 years ago...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2008, 05:06:41 AM »

Time to Axl himself come and bring some news

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2008, 08:31:28 AM »

No offence to the man but I'd rather hear from Universal/Interscope/Geffen whoever is releasing this.

Here today...ready to rock
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2008, 08:59:35 AM »

I dont think 14 years is enough time.......I dont think its quite ready. I would prob. tweak some things for about 4 - 5 more years first to make sure its perfect. Maybe get Weird Al Yankovic to redo Pitmans parts ...add some acordian, then switch back to pittman again 3 or 4 times. Nope I dont think the time is right.....wait for the industry to go acordian.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #210 on: January 23, 2008, 09:11:53 AM »

How about a stadium type show with a pay per view deal and a DVD (The making Of)/CD release) following immediately?

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #211 on: January 23, 2008, 09:29:35 AM »

How about a stadium type show with a pay per view deal and a DVD (The making Of)/CD release) following immediately?

Longer than the Lord of the Rings trilogy and credits costing more than Star Wars, hang on, that's the sticking point....... rofl

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: January 23, 2008, 11:18:48 AM »

No offence to the man but I'd rather hear from Universal/Interscope/Geffen whoever is releasing this.

Any info from either of them would be nice!  And I don't really think the label gives a fuck so that would put the onus on Axl.  It's his baby. 
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #213 on: January 23, 2008, 11:25:45 AM »

ps...I'll bet money that they are trying to put together a GNR reality show.  (Axl Rose is 45...or something like that).

Actually, this would be very cool.  Start the show when Axl turns in the CD and show the entire process of marketing such a legenday CD and band.  then follow the band on what happens over the next few years. 

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #214 on: January 23, 2008, 11:42:38 AM »

ps...I'll bet money that they are trying to put together a GNR reality show.  (Axl Rose is 45...or something like that).

Actually, this would be very cool.  Start the show when Axl turns in the CD and show the entire process of marketing such a legenday CD and band.  then follow the band on what happens over the next few years. 

please dont bet very much on it. Axl. Reality/Osbournes/Gene Simmons kinda TV show...?

EDIT - hey, and finally, (after deletions), 666 posts! Whooo!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 12:34:56 PM by Bartlet » Logged

I would'nt do that if I were you.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #215 on: January 23, 2008, 01:16:58 PM »

please dont bet very much on it. Axl. Reality/Osbournes/Gene Simmons kinda TV show...?

it's not very likely but it could happen, wouldn't bet any money on it but i'd bet that VH1 and mtv have tried it
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2008, 01:34:09 PM »

I'd rather see a serious documentary than those.

congrats! when I got to there, I didn't feel like posting for a while. the point of leet was also great. Grin
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2008, 02:30:38 PM »

I'd rather see a serious documentary than those.

congrats! when I got to there, I didn't feel like posting for a while. the point of leet was also great. Grin

I'm surprised you can remeber back that far, you at 666 must have been pretty close to the year 666.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2008, 02:49:25 PM »

I would like to know why my posts are being removed... that's not quite fair now is it?

Clowns.

And yes... i have a lot of posts because this site is awesome, and even though I'm a fan and keep posting doesn't mean that I'm so much a "fan" of the NEW gn'r which really isn't gn'r at all..

get real man

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2008, 03:00:13 PM »

I would like to know why my posts are being removed... that's not quite fair now is it?

Clowns.

You're the one who makes himself look like the clown by posting shit in the wrong thread just because you crave attention.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: