Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:20:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 101859 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #540 on: December 10, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »

I wish Axl could be more like Dave Mustane, do some videos for instagram, facebook, youtube?s megadeth channel.....  Undecided

I wish Dave Mustaine would be more like Axl and not plaster himself all over social media. Cheesy

The rock mystique is sorely missed in this internet age IMO.

Yeah... how awesome is it that fans rarely hear from the performer of their choice.

It's just awesome.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #541 on: December 10, 2015, 06:38:56 PM »

Poor you, you don't get what you want from the performer of your choice.

Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #542 on: December 10, 2015, 06:52:05 PM »

Cheesy

/jarmo

And that attitude encompasses pretty much everything that is wrong with management that has been discussed on here day in and day out for 15 years.

derp.  Cheesy
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #543 on: December 10, 2015, 08:35:08 PM »

Cheesy

/jarmo

And that attitude encompasses pretty much everything that is wrong with management that has been discussed on here day in and day out for 15 years.

derp.  Cheesy

There have been many successful tours, a television interview, and a new show video released to mention just a few of the things this current management has accomplished.

You just want something to whine and be negative about.

Poor you---->  crying

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #544 on: December 10, 2015, 09:01:38 PM »

SHOWERGATE : DAY 2

What did room service know...and when did they know it??

rofl

I find it fascinating to talk about Axl being the shower. I think in the Robert John book there is a picture of Axl in the shower. Having said that. In this case when meeting Duff well, Duff was not the only one being told to he could not see Axl.

When Adler met Axl in Vegas he faced a somewhat similar situation. Axl was not in shower, Adler was talking to Del James and Del wouldn?t let him to see Axl. But Axl was around and when he saw Steven he didn?t have any problem to talk to him. This according to Adler.

I think people from Axl entourage sometimes overreact and are overprotective.

Yes, this precisely.  There have been multiple instances of this.  Jarmo explains them all away as harmless and nothing out of the ordinary.  However, I don't buy that.  I think there is (or at least was) a conscious effort to protect Axl from his past.  Note:  It doesn't mean I think they're evil, or I hate them.  But I do think they acted more like a helicopter parent.
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #545 on: December 10, 2015, 09:21:17 PM »

Records and tours are what it's about.  We've had a short, sweet dose of the former, and plenty of the latter.  But is getting interviewed on TV really an achievement, here?  Surely it's an achievement for whichever host/ network managed to get him on.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #546 on: December 10, 2015, 10:18:32 PM »

Leave beta alone Tongue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnqQZ8RubyA

I still hope someone can come along and tell me why the hell Beta is going to suddenly go all hardass and against Axl's wishes, whatever those wishes may be.

it is scapegoating. let it sink in. how likely is it that a reunion (as visualized by reunionists) will happen?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #547 on: December 10, 2015, 11:01:38 PM »

Did you read the part where I said "FWIW, I don't buy it"?  So no, I don't "obviously believe" they'll threaten to quit if Axl wants to do something they're against.  

Regarding the past, did she threaten to quit before?  Yes or no?  

But...

'not in this lifetime'
'not comfortable doing anything involving more than one of the alumni at a time'
'give me a break'
'most managers want the same thing that nearly every rock 'n' roll fan of the past quarter-century wants, and the one thing he stubbornly refuses to do: reunite with Slash, Izzy, Duff and the rest of the classic GNR group for a tour. The constant question is an albatross and leaves Rose not only tired but wary of anyone in the business looking to work with him. "All these managers, they all believe in one thing: sell a reunion tour and get their commission. It's just a phone call. It's a half a day's ? work, or however long they want to keep the bidding war going. They get their commission and they don't care if it falls on its face."'

How about holding Axl responsible for his own actions? idea

nono, TB did lotsa mistakes. Letting Axl go on with a yellow raincoat, playing wttj at the bridge-concert etc...HORRIBLE! Protecting their client is not tho

She knew putting things in those terms, he was never going to hire another manager.  There was not even a 1% he was going to say that he needed another manager, and if that meant she's out of his life, then so be it.

wait what, if Beta is not sole manager she also gonna leave Axl as a person in his private life too?  confused I don't think so.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:38:41 PM by norway » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #548 on: December 11, 2015, 03:14:15 AM »

I think people from Axl entourage sometimes overreact and are overprotective.

Yes, this precisely.  There have been multiple instances of this.  Jarmo explains them all away as harmless and nothing out of the ordinary.  However, I don't buy that.  I think there is (or at least was) a conscious effort to protect Axl from his past.  Note:  It doesn't mean I think they're evil, or I hate them.  But I do think they acted more like a helicopter parent.

No, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

If somebody's getting ready for a show, maybe that's not the perfect moment to catch up with an old friend. Or anybody. I'm guessing it's not personal. Just like when an athlete is getting ready for a fight/match...
If somebody, who you've not been friendly with for years, shows up uninvited early in the morning, maybe that's not the right time to settle all the legal issues or whatever.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Just people making decisions based on what they know.  Smiley
But you seem to see all these signs because you want to....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:10:00 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #549 on: December 11, 2015, 05:39:46 AM »

Did you read the part where I said "FWIW, I don't buy it"?  So no, I don't "obviously believe" they'll threaten to quit if Axl wants to do something they're against.  

Regarding the past, did she threaten to quit before?  Yes or no?  

But...

'not in this lifetime'
'not comfortable doing anything involving more than one of the alumni at a time'
'give me a break'
'most managers want the same thing that nearly every rock 'n' roll fan of the past quarter-century wants, and the one thing he stubbornly refuses to do: reunite with Slash, Izzy, Duff and the rest of the classic GNR group for a tour. The constant question is an albatross and leaves Rose not only tired but wary of anyone in the business looking to work with him. "All these managers, they all believe in one thing: sell a reunion tour and get their commission. It's just a phone call. It's a half a day's ? work, or however long they want to keep the bidding war going. They get their commission and they don't care if it falls on its face."'

How about holding Axl responsible for his own actions? idea

nono, TB did lotsa mistakes. Letting Axl go on with a yellow raincoat, playing wttj at the bridge-concert etc...HORRIBLE! Protecting their client is not tho

She knew putting things in those terms, he was never going to hire another manager.  There was not even a 1% he was going to say that he needed another manager, and if that meant she's out of his life, then so be it.

wait what, if Beta is not sole manager she also gonna leave Axl as a person in his private life too?  confused I don't think so.

im not saying youre doing this, but ive seen people take those quotes and say if axl violates what he said there, they would lose respect for him. i never really got that. things change, people change, relationships change. if i say ill never talk to someone again and the circumstances somehow change, im not gonna still not talk to them just because i used to say i wouldnt even though now i want to or feel i should. we are hardly the same person for a month, let alone a year. just think about all the things that can happen in a single year. its almost like a miniature lifetime within a lifetime.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #550 on: December 11, 2015, 09:10:02 AM »

ive seen people take those quotes and say if axl violates what he said there, they would lose respect for him.

there is already things about Axl I don't appreciate, but if he doesn't just do it for cash it's ok. just no yellow raincoats plz Lips Sealed, tnx

things change, people change, relationships change.

we are hardly the same person for a month, let alone a year. just think about all the things that can happen in a single year. its almost like a miniature lifetime within a lifetime.

k, but lets get real about Axl. we're also talking a decade+ here

You might think i am biased cause I am more interested in modern gnr than reunion-gnr, but how probable is it? Your hopes for one.

PS
When I say reunionist it is not ment as derogatory/demeaning. They're equally as valid as gnrfans in my book.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 09:17:47 AM by norway » Logged

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #551 on: December 11, 2015, 10:12:28 AM »

nono, TB did lotsa mistakes. Letting Axl go on with a yellow raincoat,  Shocked

TB decides what he wears now ?  Grin

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #552 on: December 11, 2015, 02:55:54 PM »

Rationale? These people hate dislike the management.
Isn't that enough?

But even if you are in the camp that thinks they are the devil, even then, you have to concede there is not much in the way of examples where they stood up to Axl and laid down the law. 

Beta knows Axl views her as a motherly figure, and she emotionally blackmailed him by saying either she was the manager, or she was out of his life.

"We decided, 'No more managers,'" said Lebeis a few days after the Seattle concert. "Between me and Fernando and my daughter, we're dealing with the management." Lebeis added that she characterizes Rose as "more than a son to me," and that after Katsis' departure, "I told [Rose] if he hires another manager, I quit."
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #553 on: December 11, 2015, 03:00:22 PM »

That Adler appearance at the after party sure ended well for all involved....   no

/jarmo

Who cares how it finished. The fact is Adler wanted to talk to Axl, people wouldn?t let him. But Axl decided he wanted to talk to him. I think Axl is perfectly capable to decide to whom he wants to talk. It has to be his decision not someone else?s

The powers that be will never, ever allow a reunion, sadly. You've seen right there, the attitude toward a reunion.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #554 on: December 11, 2015, 03:01:23 PM »

'rock mystique'  rofl

I have a friend who's an actor. He hasn't had a role in quite a while. No-one's sure if he'll ever appear on screen or not again. His last film was supposed to come out years ago but it never did. He has 'actor mystique'.  hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #555 on: December 11, 2015, 05:11:47 PM »

The powers that be will never, ever allow a reunion, sadly. You've seen right there, the attitude toward a reunion.

Where have we seen that attitude? Is it possible only you see it with your special glasses and wearing your special hat?

All we can see is you avoiding questions and then acting like nothing was said so you can continue with your theories....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:13:44 PM by jarmo » Logged

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #556 on: December 11, 2015, 11:59:52 PM »

Duff temporarily rejoined under TB's management. For all their faults and questionable attitude at times I don't really see much evidence of them being dead against old band members against Axl's will. If Axl's relationship with Slash has improved, I doubt they'd be obstructive. In the past when Ex members have been kept at bay I strongly suspect it was at Axl's instruction or a decision made by someone who genuinely felt it was what he would have wanted.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #557 on: December 12, 2015, 03:26:36 AM »

Beta knows Axl views her as a motherly figure, and she emotionally blackmailed him by saying either she was the manager, or she was out of his life

dude wtf

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #558 on: December 12, 2015, 06:15:48 AM »

'rock mystique'  rofl

I have a friend who's an actor. He hasn't had a role in quite a while. No-one's sure if he'll ever appear on screen or not again. His last film was supposed to come out years ago but it never did. He has 'actor mystique'.  hihi

I qualified my statement with an IMO

- you were very apparently not around in the 70's, 80's and early 90's when there was effectively no internet and Rock stars weren't so transparent.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #559 on: December 12, 2015, 06:31:42 AM »

That Adler appearance at the after party sure ended well for all involved....   no

/jarmo

Who cares how it finished. The fact is Adler wanted to talk to Axl, people wouldn?t let him. But Axl decided he wanted to talk to him. I think Axl is perfectly capable to decide to whom he wants to talk. It has to be his decision not someone else?s

LOL- cannot believe you are continuing to repeat this lunatic raving and this conspiracy theory.

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: