Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:14:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 101865 times)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #560 on: December 12, 2015, 06:42:12 AM »

ive seen people take those quotes and say if axl violates what he said there, they would lose respect for him.

there is already things about Axl I don't appreciate, but if he doesn't just do it for cash it's ok. just no yellow raincoats plz Lips Sealed, tnx

things change, people change, relationships change.

we are hardly the same person for a month, let alone a year. just think about all the things that can happen in a single year. its almost like a miniature lifetime within a lifetime.

k, but lets get real about Axl. we're also talking a decade+ here

You might think i am biased cause I am more interested in modern gnr than reunion-gnr, but how probable is it? Your hopes for one.

PS
When I say reunionist it is not ment as derogatory/demeaning. They're equally as valid as gnrfans in my book.

oh, dont get me wrong. i could take or leave a reunion and am faaaaar more interested in modern guns than old guns. theres no comparison for me. its just starting to look like it may happen from my pov.

not related, but somebody here has really been trying to push this whole jarmo/tb will sabotage a reunion thing. cant help but scratch my head at that a bit. i just cant see what would be in it for them, and i think theyre decent enough people to not be doing weird shit like that.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #561 on: December 12, 2015, 09:39:12 AM »

ive seen people take those quotes and say if axl violates what he said there, they would lose respect for him.

there is already things about Axl I don't appreciate, but if he doesn't just do it for cash it's ok. just no yellow raincoats plz Lips Sealed, tnx

we are hardly the same person for a month, let alone a year. just think about all the things that can happen in a single year. its almost like a miniature lifetime within a lifetime.

You might think i am biased cause I am more interested in modern gnr than reunion-gnr, but how probable is it? Your hopes for one.

PS
When I say reunionist it is not ment as derogatory/demeaning. They're equally as valid as gnrfans in my book.

oh, dont get me wrong. i could take or leave a reunion and am faaaaar more interested in modern guns than old guns. theres no comparison for me. its just starting to look like it may happen from my pov.

not related, but somebody here has really been trying to push this whole jarmo/tb will sabotage a reunion thing. cant help but scratch my head at that a bit. i just cant see what would be in it for them, and i think theyre decent enough people to not be doing weird shit like that.

Nobody thinks that except Cherry Garcia, the very example of delusional in action- Hope he gets well soon.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #562 on: December 12, 2015, 10:19:05 AM »

'rock mystique'  rofl

I have a friend who's an actor. He hasn't had a role in quite a while. No-one's sure if he'll ever appear on screen or not again. His last film was supposed to come out years ago but it never did. He has 'actor mystique'.  hihi

I qualified my statement with an IMO

- you were very apparently not around in the 70's, 80's and early 90's when there was effectively no internet and Rock stars weren't so transparent.

What a completely reasonable assumption.

Yes, I was around. We had magazines, newspapers, radio shows, TV interviews, concert programs, promotions, signings, fan clubs...the list goes on. I remember reading in Goldmine about what Alice Cooper's favorite brand of Whisky (Seagrams) and favorite book (Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions) were. Details like that were silly then and they're silly now, but harmless. As for things like direction of the band, who's in the band, when we might hear new music from the band, when they might next be on the road, that was all less trivial and good to know. Made being a fan fun. It was what it was all about aside from the music itself.

Not much has changed. The kids still want to read about the band's they want to know about. Speaking of the 90's (when I was very apparently born  hihi ) I remember a guy who went on record, literally, championing those kids. Almost like he knew what it was like to be one of them. It's a shame now when technology allows us to get the straight dope, no misquotes, no editor, directly from the horse's mouth that those fans for the large part seem to get ignored so much and everything's on such a hush-hush basis. It's only rock n roll.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #563 on: December 12, 2015, 10:24:28 AM »

PS

Nobody thinks that except Cherry Garcia, the very example of delusional in action- Hope he gets well soon.

'Delusional' as you may declare him to be (and I personally disagree with his conclusions) but I'm yet to see anyone refute the article quote that he posted. Be fair, the guy's at least giving sources for why he views things the way that he does.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:29:01 AM by raindog » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #564 on: December 12, 2015, 10:53:15 AM »

PS

'Delusional' as you may declare him to be (and I personally disagree with his conclusions) but I'm yet to see anyone refute the article quote that he posted. Be fair, the guy's at least giving sources for why he views things the way that he does.

No - he gave No sources for why Jarmo would hate the old band and be in cahoots with TB to sabotage a reunion- his theories are ridiculous, as is anyone giving credibility or credence to his various statements and idiocy.

http://www.thegnrforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3449
http://www.thegnrforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3425
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 11:00:43 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #565 on: December 12, 2015, 11:10:36 AM »

but I'm yet to see anyone refute the article quote that he posted. Be fair, the guy's at least giving sources for why he views things the way that he does.

If somebody truly wants to believe something, there's little chance of having facts change their mind.
In this case it's obvious that he wants to believe management are sabotaging his dreams  and I'm working against a reunion with my mystical powers.

I can tell him that he's wrong, but he won't listen. Instead of taking my word for it, he'd rather believe his ideas.

Unfortunate and sad.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #566 on: December 12, 2015, 11:44:22 AM »

Rationale? These people hate dislike the management.
Isn't that enough?

But even if you are in the camp that thinks they are the devil, even then, you have to concede there is not much in the way of examples where they stood up to Axl and laid down the law. 

Beta knows Axl views her as a motherly figure, and she emotionally blackmailed him by saying either she was the manager, or she was out of his life.

"We decided, 'No more managers,'" said Lebeis a few days after the Seattle concert. "Between me and Fernando and my daughter, we're dealing with the management." Lebeis added that she characterizes Rose as "more than a son to me," and that after Katsis' departure, "I told [Rose] if he hires another manager, I quit."

Oh, man, this is some funny shit.
Often the context gets lost in the print medium. I seriously doubt the meaning behind what Beta said was: Either I'm the manager or I'm getting the fuck out."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #567 on: December 12, 2015, 12:03:11 PM »

The constant bickering between members here is ridiculous.

The Friday we've all been waiting for can't come soon enough so we'll have some real stuff to talk about here...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #568 on: December 12, 2015, 12:14:53 PM »

The constant bickering between members here is ridiculous.

The Friday we've all been waiting for can't come soon enough so we'll have some real stuff to talk about here...

Maybe they're trying to block the Fridays so we'll go from Thursdays to Saturdays....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #569 on: December 12, 2015, 12:55:22 PM »

Isn't that enough?

But even if you are in the camp that thinks they are the devil, even then, you have to concede there is not much in the way of examples where they stood up to Axl and laid down the law. 

Beta knows Axl views her as a motherly figure, and she emotionally blackmailed him by saying either she was the manager, or she was out of his life.

"We decided, 'No more managers,'" said Lebeis a few days after the Seattle concert. "Between me and Fernando and my daughter, we're dealing with the management." Lebeis added that she characterizes Rose as "more than a son to me," and that after Katsis' departure, "I told [Rose] if he hires another manager, I quit."

Often the context gets lost in the print medium. I seriously doubt the meaning behind what Beta said was: Either I'm the manager or I'm getting the fuck out."

But funny enough, that was the result. No more managers....Except me Wink
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #570 on: December 12, 2015, 02:43:18 PM »

Isn't that enough?

"Shut the fuck up."
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #571 on: December 14, 2015, 02:47:48 AM »

Isn't that enough?

did you see those court documents recently posted by mysteron? i think her decision had more to do with things like that than anything else. that manager saw axl as an object. if he managed to get him to reunite with slash, he would have received a huge payday out of it. thats all he saw. he didnt actually care about his well being or his art. the manager mentioned in that article caused the band to lose millions of dollars and completely botched cds promotion on purpose to try and force axl into a reunion.

now from your pov, beta pushed all other managers out of the picture so she can manage to sabotage getting that same payday? it doesnt make any sense. where's the motive? and what would jarmo's motive be for that matter? if you want to make accusations, you should at least be able to come up with a motive.

imagine you are axl, or any super famous person. you slowly find out that the world is not as kind of a place as it seems and that everyone wants to take a big bite out of you. wouldnt you only want to work with people you could trust? people that are able to look past your fame and fotune and treat you like a person? by all accounts of people actually involved, that is what happened here. not some get rich quick scheme or emotional blackmail foul play thingy.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #572 on: December 14, 2015, 04:22:29 AM »

did you see those court documents recently posted by mysteron? i think her decision had more to do with things like that than anything else. that manager saw axl as an object. if he managed to get him to reunite with slash, he would have received a huge payday out of it. thats all he saw. he didnt actually care about his well being or his art. the manager mentioned in that article caused the band to lose millions of dollars and completely botched cds promotion on purpose to try and force axl into a reunion.

The money angle makes sense.  Losing money the way he did is obviously a huge problem.

That bit in bold...that's weird.  It's not weird she feels that way towards him.  It's weird having your manager come from that place.

Parents make horrendous agents for their athlete kids.  Because they get too emotional.  This is business.  You can't take things personal when "your baby" is "being insulted."

I do not believe she was angling to be the manager herself.  I think that's an unfounded leap.

But these are some of the pitfalls of the end result of that whole ordeal.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #573 on: December 14, 2015, 06:52:41 PM »

The money angle makes sense.  Losing money the way he did is obviously a huge problem.

That bit in bold...that's weird.  It's not weird she feels that way towards him.  It's weird having your manager come from that place.

Parents make horrendous agents for their athlete kids.  Because they get too emotional.  This is business.  You can't take things personal when "your baby" is "being insulted."

I do not believe she was angling to be the manager herself.  I think that's an unfounded leap.

But these are some of the pitfalls of the end result of that whole ordeal

At the end of the day, rightly or wrongly.. how she became manager was open to ridicule by the masses. And for the most part, that's whats happened.

The end result in a lot of peoples eyes doesn't help the situation i suppose.

In terms of that end result, i still think its more on Axl then TB if he hasnt got the final result he wanted. He didn't have to go this way.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: