Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 09:08:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on kroq!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on kroq!  (Read 56626 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2006, 05:01:49 PM »

If Guns N Roses tours the USA again for the second time "TWICE" with no "CD/Single" it will be the biggest mistake in the history of Guns N Roses? ?no? rant
'

second biggest,having a band that's not gnr  being called gnr playing tons of covers with no original  members is the first
anythinggoes
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2006, 05:04:30 PM »

If Guns N Roses tours the USA again for the second time "TWICE" with no "CD/Single" it will be the biggest mistake in the history of Guns N Roses? ?no? rant
'

second biggest,having a band that's not gnr? being called gnr playing tons of covers with no original? members is the first

Jesus get over it This is Gnr whether you like it or not stop bitchin
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2006, 05:06:12 PM »

When we go and see Poison and Cinderella, we know that we are going to see nothing but hits from the 80's and early 90's. But they don't really advertise new albums much and they actually put new albums out and will play a song or two from their album. ?I just don't get it. ?Kiss can get away with it cause it is a nostalgia act. ?If it was original GNR, they could get away with it too. ?But when it is a whole new band, you will get results like you did in 2002. ?Period. Some awesome shows with a lot of okay shows in between.

same way people see cinderella or poison is playing they see gnr or any other former huge group and go out for sentimetnal reasons.. No one really cares what's new ,or what's coming up.. All these bands will have tour power but how many really sit around after they see a show and wonder what are they doing next, or what are they going to release.. Remember these are normal people who once saw these bands in their hey day.. I see bands because they were great back in the day and want to see a good show today, but I'm not chomping at the bit or evemn looking for their new material...

anything as long as you say it is ,then I guess it is ,maybe the beatles will come back too and that'll be them as well.. it's axl and hired guys ,these people have zero to do with any gnr success it's all coattail riding..
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2006, 05:08:24 PM »

it's axl and hired guys ,these people have zero to do with any gnr success it's all coattail riding..

In this case it's also a matter of riding (or playing) those coatails well..

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #224 on: August 22, 2006, 05:11:27 PM »

it's axl and hired guys ,these people have zero to do with any gnr success it's all coattail riding..

In this case it's also a matter of riding (or playing) those coatails well..

If axl rose hired 7 of us from this forum the shows would still sell out.. So then new have nothing to do with anything.. Guns stood for something, they made it from scratch they lived the life, they took over the world, this is all carry over from the great music we hear all day on any classic rock radio station..
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #225 on: August 22, 2006, 05:20:51 PM »

When we go and see Poison and Cinderella, we know that we are going to see nothing but hits from the 80's and early 90's. But they don't really advertise new albums much and they actually put new albums out and will play a song or two from their album.  I just don't get it.  Kiss can get away with it cause it is a nostalgia act.  If it was original GNR, they could get away with it too.  But when it is a whole new band, you will get results like you did in 2002.  Period. Some awesome shows with a lot of okay shows in between.

same way people see cinderella or poison is playing they see gnr or any other former huge group and go out for sentimetnal reasons.. No one really cares what's new ,or what's coming up.. All these bands will have tour power but how many really sit around after they see a show and wonder what are they doing next, or what are they going to release.. Remember these are normal people who once saw these bands in their hey day.. I see bands because they were great back in the day and want to see a good show today, but I'm not chomping at the bit or evemn looking for their new material...

anything as long as you say it is ,then I guess it is ,maybe the beatles will come back too and that'll be them as well.. it's axl and hired guys ,these people have zero to do with any gnr success it's all coattail riding..

i disagree

you`re generalising a little too much imo. it`s not like nobody wants to hear chinese democracy... of course there are lots of people who come to the shows only to listen to nightrain and jungle for example, but there are probably as much people who are also interested in the new stuff being played as they`d like to see what gnr and axl is up to in 2006. at least that`s what i experienced at the shows i attended. the new songs got a great crowd response, sometimes as big as the old songs, even though not more than 5% of the people in the audiences heard them before....

people on this board always say things like "the american audiences want/are/expect...whatever" it`s not like that....

and i read a post earlier in this thread where someone claimed the european tour sold better, because the people in europe were hungrier to see gnr, since gnr toured europe the last time 13 years ago and they toured america in 2002.... did it occur to you that people in america also didn`t get to see gnr for 9 years in 2002? hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2006, 05:33:40 PM »

If axl rose hired 7 of us from this forum the shows would still sell out.. So then new have nothing to do with anything.

The thing is that most of the audience end up being the fans of the people that have zero to do with any gnr success of the 80s, just because they kickass. Apparently they play those coattails better and more intensely than the exes would.

Accept the reality.  How come you hate VR that much?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2006, 06:25:16 PM »

yeah and I'm sure those dopes though those were the players of the music on afd too.. hihi

big to do a band called gnr fronted by axl rose can sell out shows, I mean the people in the band today really have something to do with any success.. he grabbed bfoot for his first show, it could have been anyone..

apparently not, maybe it seems that way because there's fifty people onstage.. All it is is covers sang by the only member of gnr...

I guess when the real band is gone anything is better then nothing as long as you want to believe it's gnr again..
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2006, 07:19:53 PM »

So.. this isn't the real band?

Last time I checked it's a real band out there playing some old songs, some amazing new songs, some new covers and doing it all with smiles on their faces and to perfection.

That seems like the real band to me.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2006, 07:38:36 PM »

I just cant wait for Chinese to be released so all the nay-sayers can go home and shut up. This band will prove who the real, heart and soul of GNR really was with success.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #230 on: August 22, 2006, 07:43:23 PM »

I just cant wait for Chinese to be released so all the nay-sayers can go home and shut up. This band will prove who the real, heart and soul of GNR really was with success.

Boy did I really feal that way in 2001/2002.   2003-2005 made me cynical

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2006, 08:26:24 PM »

yeah and I'm sure those dopes though those were the players of the music on afd too.. hihi

big to do a band called gnr fronted by axl rose can sell out shows, I mean the people in the band today really have something to do with any success.. he grabbed bfoot for his first show, it could have been anyone..

apparently not, maybe it seems that way because there's fifty people onstage.. All it is is covers sang by the only member of gnr...

I guess when the real band is gone anything is better then nothing as long as you want to believe it's gnr again..

Mike, you are right.  This is such bull shit.  It would be different had we had in album in 99 or 2001.  But for fucks sake, it is such a mockery now it is sad.  Robin has been associated with GNR for 10 years and still nobody really knows what he truley brings to the table except some horrible solo's in November Rain.  Okay, didn't mean to go there on Robin.  Wrong thread.  I just don't know what to think anymore.
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2006, 08:53:39 PM »

well robin did bring better to the table, and i think thats a pretty kick ass song.  i don't agree with you at all. 

Mike
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2006, 08:55:32 PM »

well robin did bring better to the table, and i think thats a pretty kick ass song.? i don't agree with you at all.?

We truly don't know who brought what until we have CD in our hands with credits and interviews discussing songs in detail.  I am saying we don't know much, cause we haven't been shown much.  On song for 10 years isn't "bringing it."
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2006, 09:00:40 PM »

So many people had a hand in working on the stuff I don't know if liner notes will even manage to prove anything...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2006, 09:04:21 PM »

Mike, you are right.? This is such bull shit.? It would be different had we had in album in 99 or 2001.? But for fucks sake, it is such a mockery now it is sad.? Robin has been associated with GNR for 10 years and still nobody really knows what he truley brings to the table except some horrible solo's in November Rain.? Okay, didn't mean to go there on Robin.? Wrong thread.? I just don't know what to think anymore.

much like this discussion

dead horse anybody?

T.T.
?.?.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2006, 09:06:19 PM »

So many people had a hand in working on the stuff I don't know if liner notes will even manage to prove anything...

Dirt, you are right. ?I would love to see Axl dumb ass equation when it comes to splitting royalties... Nevermind, there won't be any to split by the time he pays back all his bills. ?Oh well.
robinfinckfan
« Reply #237 on: August 22, 2006, 09:22:51 PM »

I like many others have been waiting years on top of years for this record.

I do believe this is GNR because it is GNR. ?We have already heard half the album in my opinion
Madagascar,TWAT,Better,IRS,The Blues,Catcher In The Rye, and Chinese Democracy will be on the album so I hope atleast 14 tracks are on the record. All in all i'm not as impressed as I thought I would be but don't get me wrong. Just having them playing and more serious talk than in 02' of it's coming release is awesome. and that axl is finaly in the space that he feels like it's ready which i don't think he's ready or will ever be ready but anyway (ramble on nervous)

i'm a lil drunk right now...sorry beer

I don't think it's going to be a masterpeice, it can't be. the press will never let it happen. the main fear for me is the direction like in uyi the material was great but the direction was all over the place. i know why, i know the gnr story in and out but you give axl the full control and that's good and bad in many ways. axl's mind changes like the weather thru missouri so what he wants to do in june is completley different in july. that's cool that's a true musician doing what he wants to do and to hell with anybody that tells him different.

that's why I respect him so much is because like 97% of people in music will do whatever you want them to do for a little bit of cash, and axl will tell you to take your cash and shove it up your ass.

Axl, you do whatever the hell you want,play whatever you want, release the album if/whenever you want. your true fans will wait however long it takes.

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2006, 09:52:40 PM »

Why don't any of you people realise that nobody gives a shit what we think?

If you disagree with what's happening the only way to protest is to stop following the band, don't go to concerts, and don't buy the album.

Moaning about it here ain't gonna do you any good.

I was checking out the thread about Axl on KROQ, and instead I get pointless moaning.  Roll Eyes

Guns N' Roses is: Axl, Robin, Tommy, Richard, Brain, Chris, Dizzy, and Ron.

They're doing what they want, they're enjoying it, if you can't accept this state of affairs follow the above instructions.

Man, I'm tired of reading the same shit.  no

@#$%Funker
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #239 on: August 22, 2006, 10:21:35 PM »

If Axl would just put out the CD and the SINGLE and the MUSIC VIDEO then you would no longer hear the same stuff anymore but he still don't do it so until he does all you will hear is the same. Don't blame the messenger. Blame AXL  rant
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: