Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:10:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in South Africa in April & May
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in South Africa in April & May  (Read 35862 times)
elmir
VIP

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 03:56:27 AM »

Evanescence also confirmed appearance for the same event....except on their site the dates (and venues as well as cities) are not the same as the ones announced on radio.

4/27/2007 - Kenilworth Race Track - Cape Town, ZA - My Coke Festival Freedom Day

5/1/2007 - Pretoria Loftus Stadium - Cape Town, ZA - My Coke Festival Labour Day

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 08:22:25 AM »

Guns 'n Roses live in SA for the My Coke Fest 2007

Coca-Cola has enjoyed great success in the past few years with very exciting music concepts, from Coca-Cola Popstars 1, 2 and 3, to the Coca-Cola Collaboration CD, Coca-Cola Colab Live-On-Tour and last year?s Coca-Cola Colab Massive Mix Festival. This year Coca-Cola and 5FM are proud to announce the coming of MY COKE FEST - 2007's biggest music festival.  This exciting music festival kicks off in Johannesburg on Friday the 27th of April at the New Market Racecourse, then moves to Kenilworth Racecourse in Cape Town on Tuesday the 1st of May.  It?s music on the Coke side of life, so naturally, the festival will boast the usual impressive mix of SA talent and international music heavyweights.

MY COKE FEST is set to attract thousands of fans who will feast on some of the world?s best live music at two spectacular venues that will add to the unique festival spirit. It?s going to be a 12-hour, adrenalin filled festival that will quench the strongest music thirsts. Just think of it all going down the way an ice cold Coke goes down on a hot day.

Michelle Wright, Coca-Cola?s Senior Brand manager, comments ? "Coca-Cola is always proud to present the best of SA music as well as global music heavyweights. MY COKE FEST is our way of celebrating music on the Coke side of life; it?s the sharing of a stage in one big all day festival."

TOUR ITINERARY

Friday, 27 April 2007 - New Market Racetrack, Germiston - Gates open at 10h00.

Tuesday, 1 May 2007 -  Kenilworth Racetrack, Cape Town - Gates open at 10h00.

http://www.5fm.co.za/events/eventsdetails.aspx?id=7281

patcooper
VIP

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 08:36:58 AM »

umm there is already a thread about this? and were was it confirmed?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 08:54:12 AM »

My Coke fest ? ..... hum.

Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 09:15:35 AM »

IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF IT HAPPENS...IT WILL BE GREAT!!!!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 09:40:15 AM »

Thankz for Info..

For me, It's Bad news... NO SUDAMERICA...

crying

hbk *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007, 09:50:22 AM »

I just hope it doesn't mean no news before late april.

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007, 09:53:26 AM »

Shall we start setting up the updaters for the concerts?  yes

(Yes I'm spoiled, I know)

Wink

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
elmir
VIP

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »

sure.
i can send text messages, just let me know the number.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 10:10:41 AM »

This has not been officially confirmed yet. My guess is it will happen with an official statement? Perhaps some more shows are currently being scheduled.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2007, 10:29:39 AM »

This is awful news.  It pretty much confirms that the album will not be out in March or April.  If the album was coming out in March no manager is going to send a band to some unheard of festival in Africa before seeing what needs to be done to promote the album.  If this is true to me it confirms that the album will not be out until at least the summer.  This does not fit with a March 6 release date and sounds like just another "practice" show.  I wish, if that is all that Axl wants this band to be, that he would just say so.  I think he would get more people going ot the concerts if he was like, "yeah we arent going to release a CD we are just going to tour around and have fun."  Instead people treat them like they dont exist because they are under a cloud of negativity about Chinese Democracy.  Axl can do whatever he wants, and if he wants to just tour the world playing the same set list over and over and never releasing new music thats fine, but he should just be honest about it.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2007, 10:39:06 AM »

does coke-fest have a website?

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2007, 10:39:42 AM »

This is awful news.  It pretty much confirms that the album will not be out in March or April.  If the album was coming out in March no manager is going to send a band to some unheard of festival in Africa before seeing what needs to be done to promote the album.
Just because you never heard about it doesn't mean is less serious. Also, this fits with the rumor about GN'R going to Brazil in April.

I can't see how this is awful news in any means. It doesn't confirm anything reagarding the album.

elmir
VIP

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2007, 10:44:05 AM »

does coke-fest have a website?

i don't think they do as yet for this year's event...the radio station is the closes you'll get to right now in terms of publicity.
but if you search google for "coca cola colab", it should bring up a load of last years info.

patcooper
VIP

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2007, 10:50:40 AM »

Metallica headlined last years.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2007, 10:59:48 AM »

Africa and Brazil.... Im an American and it may sound bad to say but we dont care about Africa or Brazil (even though I speak portugese) ?If you want to be big in America you release an album, release a single, release a video and go on a world tour. ?Thats what bands do. ?GNR has to try to be big becasue in order for them to break even on this album they must sell millions of copies. ?I am not saying going to these places would never be a good thing, but a band is not going to agree to a festival a month after their album is supposed to be released if they are the calibur of GNR. ?What manager would do that? ?THey lock themselves into a gig 1,000's of miles away so that they cant set a north american tour or even a european tour. ?They also cant decide to work on a video or make any public appearances during that time. ?If the album was coming out March 6 then timing would be everything. ? No smart manager is going to commit to a concert without knowing how the album will be recieved. ?

You can disagree all you want, but I guarantee if this is true the album will not be released in march or april. ?You can save this post and throw it in my face after, but I guarantee the album will not be released before this event if GNR is scheduled to play at it.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2007, 11:01:18 AM »

they seriously better not go on tour until that album is out

Agree 100 percent!
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2007, 11:01:33 AM »

This is awful news.? It pretty much confirms that the album will not be out in March or April.? If the album was coming out in March no manager is going to send a band to some unheard of festival in Africa before seeing what needs to be done to promote the album.? If this is true to me it confirms that the album will not be out until at least the summer.? This does not fit with a March 6 release date and sounds like just another "practice" show.? I wish, if that is all that Axl wants this band to be, that he would just say so.? I think he would get more people going ot the concerts if he was like, "yeah we arent going to release a CD we are just going to tour around and have fun."? Instead people treat them like they dont exist because they are under a cloud of negativity about Chinese Democracy.? Axl can do whatever he wants, and if he wants to just tour the world playing the same set list over and over and never releasing new music thats fine, but he should just be honest about it.

A band with no manager

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2007, 11:04:29 AM »

I can't think of a better name for a rock and roll festival than "CokeFest".

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2007, 11:09:02 AM »

Africa and Brazil.... Im an American and it may sound bad to say but we dont care about Africa or Brazil

people like you are the reason for the great reputation the USA have earned in the world ok

no

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: