Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:02:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle  (Read 52841 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #220 on: July 20, 2008, 01:50:06 AM »

Stop with those lame jokes with Robin using Metallica's videos.

The leaks all sound perfect to me.  He is good in studio.  I never heard anything wrong.   ok
So why would you think he would have to rerecord the "out of tunes" solos and take Del's comment in this way?

Oh yeah, so Axl can sell his song rights for 20 million and u guys bash Slash?
Its publishing rights and still it's for using the songs, not his image or character. Also, Axl may have some word on how and where the songs are used.

BTW, you know Slash and Duff sued Axl for not "using" the GNR old songs in some movies and all, right?

Still, why would Axl actions make Slash looking less bad?

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #221 on: July 20, 2008, 01:54:08 AM »

Stop with those lame jokes with Robin using Metallica's videos.

The leaks all sound perfect to me.  He is good in studio.  I never heard anything wrong.   ok
So why would you think he would have to rerecord the "out of tunes" solos and take Del's comment in this way?

Oh yeah, so Axl can sell his song rights for 20 million and u guys bash Slash?
Its publishing rights and still it's for using the songs, not his image or character. Also, Axl may have some word on how and where the songs are used.

BTW, you know Slash and Duff sued Axl for not "using" the GNR old songs in some movies and all, right?

Still, why would Axl actions make Slash looking less bad?

Ummm, Maybe the leaks are final?!?!?!?!  Just kidding.  This could have been years ago.  But I don't think Del was serious. 

The movie you are talking about is Black Hawk Down where the actual song in real life was "Welcome to the Jungle" but Axl said no to that movie using it. 

But they used it in 1987's "Lean on Me" starring Morgan Freeman. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #222 on: July 20, 2008, 01:54:49 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okL9E9u2m2w&feature=related

Is this how Axl talks to Robin in Studio?  Just kidding.  Man, Bob Rock layed into Kirk.

Dude how  dare u mention a shitty guitarist like Kirk Hammet in the same sentence as the great Robin Finck.

Dont u know that if Robin were playing Enter Sandman, he'd crush Hammet's version!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #223 on: July 20, 2008, 01:58:39 AM »

You're so funny. Really.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #224 on: July 20, 2008, 02:01:08 AM »

it must suck to be so fucking bitter.

sucks that your overrated lil hero isn't in the band?   haven't gotten used to it after all these years?    now is as good a time as ever  ok   you might as well.   

i thought this was a site for people who are fans and respect the band.    you clowns give GnR fans a bad rep.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #225 on: July 20, 2008, 02:01:16 AM »

Is this how Axl talks to Robin in Studio?  Just kidding.  Man, Bob Rock layed into Kirk.

Dude how  dare u mention a shitty guitarist like Kirk Hammet in the same sentence as the great Robin Finck.

Dont u know that if Robin were playing Enter Sandman, he'd crush Hammet's version!
rofl rofl  D, hilarious.  
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #226 on: July 20, 2008, 02:02:19 AM »

sucks that your overrated lil hero isn't in the band?   haven't gotten used to it after all these years?    now is as good a time as ever  ok   you might as well.   

i thought this was a site for people who are fans and respect the band.    you clowns give GnR fans a bad rep.

Your hero is currently REUNITED in his old band.  I wouldn't speak to soon on his future with Guns.  Apparently Guns doesn't even know his future.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #227 on: July 20, 2008, 02:05:38 AM »

From the terminology used in the deal Axl "leased" his publishing rights to Sanctuary and was paid $20 million for 20 years in return for them getting some percentage of profits from the licensing fees the songs earn in ads and movies, and from the looks of it Axl has retained at least some say in where the songs are used, because I've yet to hear a GnR song pop up in an embarrassing location

If Slash wants to cash in on his image more power to him but in my opinion over the years he's become more concerned with his image than he is about making great music which is where the criticism comes from.  When he's out there in all the ads and appearing on all the talk shows even the most uncool ones like Ellen, but trying to maintain this image of ultra-cool, anti-establishment bad boy, it seems a bit phony.  But again I think if he was making a more concerted effort to make the caliber of music he's capable of I don't think many people would even care
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #228 on: July 20, 2008, 02:11:14 AM »

rofl rofl  D, hilarious.  
^ Funnier than when Slash joined Michael Jacksons on stage to ruin a Van Halen solo?

There you go, it will all become about a thread about old vs. new. Good job, guys! ok

Indeed, man.

See, I don't really have a problem with Slash being in the GH3 game. I wouldn't even post here in this old thread if it wasn't for this silly (and totally off-topic) Robin bash fest.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:13:11 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #229 on: July 20, 2008, 02:12:09 AM »

Apparently Guns doesn't even know his future.
You love to make assumptions, don't you?

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #230 on: July 20, 2008, 02:13:40 AM »

Your hero is currently REUNITED in his old band.  I wouldn't speak to soon on his future with Guns.  Apparently Guns doesn't even know his future.

hey, if Robin chooses not to be in GnR any longer, I respect that and wouldn't be bitter like you fuckers.  He's quite great in NIN and am looking forward to seeing him this summer.   I'm not speaking about his future, the future remains to be written.   But officially he is the lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses and you can't come here and bash him like that and think its going to be cool.    This topic has nothing to do with him!

go back to the fucking VR section.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #231 on: July 20, 2008, 02:14:48 AM »

Voodoo IF u read the whole thread u will see that the Slash bashing started and we just defended it

Go check the thread where Rim Job says Slash is over rated and just a regular run of the mill guitar player and that Robin is better than he is

Check out that thread BEFORE trying to bash us. ok

Slash has reached such a level where he is untouchable. Anything he does will be cool and there is nothing he can do to tarnish his legacy.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #232 on: July 20, 2008, 02:15:53 AM »

From the terminology used in the deal Axl "leased" his publishing rights to Sanctuary and was paid $20 million for 20 years in return for them getting some percentage of profits from the licensing fees the songs earn in ads and movies, and from the looks of it Axl has retained at least some say in where the songs are used, because I've yet to hear a GnR song pop up in an embarrassing location

If Slash wants to cash in on his image more power to him but in my opinion over the years he's become more concerned with his image than he is about making great music which is where the criticism comes from.  When he's out there in all the ads and appearing on all the talk shows even the most uncool ones like Ellen, but trying to maintain this image of ultra-cool, anti-establishment bad boy, it seems a bit phony.  But again I think if he was making a more concerted effort to make the caliber of music he's capable of I don't think many people would even care

He is 42, not 20 anymore.  But I agree with a lot of what you say.  He is a Dad and a Husband.  People do like to hear his stories.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #233 on: July 20, 2008, 02:16:41 AM »

the only way you clowns can defend $la$h is by bashing Robin Finck.   its all you've got.   

All i said was he is overrated.     nothing to do with any other guitarist.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #234 on: July 20, 2008, 02:20:06 AM »

Was this how Bucket talked to Finck and that is why Finck didn't like Bucket?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=546KjKMB9kw&NR=1

Off topic

Poor Kirk

Sometimes man, the simplest fuckin thing trips u up. I had a song i was playing with  my band, and I dont know what it was but I can do all the complicated soloing and everthing else but there was this one easy fuckin little rhythm thing and I just couldnt get it

STILL CANT so I just keep soloin over that part now. hihi

ON TOPIC

Dont play innocent now JIM BOB

U said Robin played SCOM and the AFD songs BETTER than Slash, the dude who CREATED the fucking things. That is my point.

I love the new band and old band. It just seems I hate the new band cause I have to constantly defend the old guys against people like u that have to try and slander and bad mouth the old guys hoping Jarmo or someone will give u a backstage pass or some shit.

U know Rim Job, that caliber of music argument works two ways Bro.

Slash has won a grammy and got critical acclaim for Contraband.

Axl still hasnt shown his hand, so who knows how he will be received? what if the critics hate it and the album flops? THEN what?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:21:50 AM by D » Logged

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #235 on: July 20, 2008, 02:23:17 AM »

And what the hell does this other thread have to do with this? And what if Jim Bob likes Robin more?

I'd go with Robin's rendition of SCOM solo anytime. You disagree. Fine, thats called opinion. You just can't handle it.

You're talking shit about a current (yes, current) band member in the band section. What do you expect?

Please, remember how you FIRST bumped the old thread just to make a joke about mrbucketfoot and then trash Axl and now Robin.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #236 on: July 20, 2008, 02:26:42 AM »

Voodoo

U can play a Jimi Hendrix song right?

Does that make u BETTER than Hendrix?

POINT

U an LIKE anyone u want but when u start spitting out "BETTER" I can prove your ass wrong.

I like Dirk Nowitzki better than Micheal Jordan but would be an absolute fool to say Dirk was BETTER than Jordan. Why? cause u got PROOF, hard data that proves the point

here is a funny ass spoof of that Hammett video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Etq2unMpw&NR=1

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2008, 02:31:37 AM »

Was this how Bucket talked to Finck and that is why Finck didn't like Bucket?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=546KjKMB9kw&NR=1

Off topic

Poor Kirk

Sometimes man, the simplest fuckin thing trips u up. I had a song i was playing with  my band, and I dont know what it was but I can do all the complicated soloing and everthing else but there was this one easy fuckin little rhythm thing and I just couldnt get it

STILL CANT so I just keep soloin over that part now. hihi

ON TOPIC

U said Robin played SCOM and the AFD songs BETTER than Slash, the dude who CREATED the fucking things. That is my point.

I love the new band and old band. It just seems I hate the new band cause I have to constantly defend the old guys against people like u that have to try and slander and bad mouth the old guys hoping Jarmo or someone will give u a backstage pass or some shit.

Axl still hasnt shown his hand, so who knows how he will be received? what if the critics hate it and the album flops? THEN what?

Off Topic, D, I have that same problem. I am a much better lead player than rythm and my brain doesn't think much rythm.  Just enough to get by.  

Voodoo, nobody is really bashing anyone here.  I look to you and Jim Bob as friends and fellow fans that I have discussions with about our favorite band.  I wish Robin was as commited to GNR as you and Jim Bob are to him.  He may still be 100% GNR, just doesn't look that way.  

I do find your analysis of Finck's playing a little odd considering you DO play guitar and know have his live improve solos are a complete joke.  Its your opinion, but there is nothing in those solos I want to emulate on any level.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:35:27 AM by Smoking Guns » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2008, 02:34:45 AM »

here is a funny ass spoof of that Hammett video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Etq2unMpw&NR=1

HA!!!!!!!!!!  That was awesome!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #239 on: July 20, 2008, 03:10:15 AM »

ON TOPIC

this is the last time i'm going to say this to you.

ITS A VALID FUCKING OPINION.    I am allowed to prefer someone else's interpetation of a song.  Theres nothing wrong with doing so. 

shut up.   i think i've seen you capitalize the words WRITE and CREATE 20 times today.    I dont' give a fuck.

no you dont love the band now.    all you do is bash them.   

when will you get it through your thick skull that you don't have to bash something in order to defend something else.    all you know how to do is run your mouth and talk shit.

you don't fucking know me.  don't assume my intentions.   i genuinely support the band (unlike you, who couldn't be bothered to go see them when they were on tour) and my opinions are my opinions. 

i'm not so fucking superficial like you to allow commerical success to affect my enjoyment of something.    you are happy following the crowd and shit like public image and album sales is what matters to you.  you're a fucking bon jovi and nickelback fan..  i wouldn't expect any less.   but not me.     
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: