Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:44:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is it possible.....
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it possible.....  (Read 42793 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #220 on: May 07, 2008, 03:26:51 PM »

What's the big deal with the album being handled anyways? As far as we know it's finished, isn't it enough?

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #221 on: May 07, 2008, 03:52:02 PM »

What's the big deal with the album being handled anyways? As far as we know it's finished, isn't it enough?

Yeah, speaking for myself, not really. I won't be satisfied until Axl is satisfied. Until the day it comes out and we can get past all this Chinese Democracy stuff I will be simply waiting and trying to be patient.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #222 on: May 07, 2008, 04:14:19 PM »

The album is finished. It's release is being sorted out.

There is no ceremonial middle ground to this process
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2008, 04:21:35 PM »

thankx mysteron

thats that then! peace

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2008, 04:21:57 PM »

The big deal is, if it is handed in and they are NEGOTIATING

what does that mean?

What is being negotiated?

If it has something to do with money, we could be in for a huge wait because after all they've spent, Id say they are gonna stand firm on certain monetary issues.

I hope all gets sorted soon and they figure out some cool innovative way to release it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #225 on: May 07, 2008, 04:22:49 PM »

Thanks for the info!!!  Ceremonial Middle Ground (GMG)  rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #226 on: May 07, 2008, 04:24:48 PM »

Axl's words were "contract negotiations, need to be completed".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #227 on: May 07, 2008, 04:35:13 PM »

what does that mean?

If it has something to do with money, we could be in for a huge wait because after all they've spent, Id say they are gonna stand firm on certain monetary issues.

I hope all gets sorted soon and they figure out some cool innovative way to release it.

"Handed in" only applies to homework. It is a dead argument here. The album is either finished or it is not finished.

Why are there negotiations? I, personally, do not know. What is obvious, though, is that times have changed since the last GN'R release. Universal will be looking to make a profit, as will Axl. The internet now is far more promiscous than during the mid-90's. I am sure lots of you here are downloading mf's, and that in itself makes life more difficult for artists and for record companies to make money in this day and age.     

I concur, though, with your last sentence.             
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 04:59:31 PM by Mysteron » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #228 on: May 07, 2008, 04:58:28 PM »

Must Be Problems With The Launch Digital

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #229 on: May 07, 2008, 05:09:06 PM »

One would have to think Digital Rights has to be the major point considering there were no such thing when Axl signed that contract.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2008, 05:09:36 PM »

what does that mean?

"Handed in" only applies to homework. It is a dead argument here. The album is either finished or it is not finished.

The focus on whether it has been "handed in" or "turned in" is probably based on Axl's comment regarding the timing of the release:

"It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company"

Perhaps the "turned in" is synonymous with the completion of negotiations?

Ah, who the fuck cares, the album is coming out this year, and all of this drama will be forgotten.   beer

ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2008, 05:11:17 PM »

what does that mean?

Why are there negotiations? I, personally, do not know. What is obvious, though, is that times have changed since the last GN'R release. Universal will be looking to make a profit, as will Axl. The internet now is far more promiscous than during the mid-90's. I am sure lots of you here are downloading mf's, and that in itself makes life more difficult for artists and for record companies to make money in this day and age.     

I'm sure a lot of us are downloading MF's yes  Wink

However I myself will be purchasing this fine album, and I'm sure everyother GnR fan on here, whether they have downloaded the leaks or not, will also be rushing to the shops to buy the album.   ok

I can see them wanting to find someway of avoiding pirating, but lets be honest that is practically impossible. If the CD companies come up with new copy-protect technology, the piraters come up with ways round it. It's like evolution! What I do know though is that very very good music is pirated less than poorer music as people are willing to buy it.

For example if there is a band you really really like, you are more likely to buy the CD. If there is another band you kind of like but can take them or leave them, then given half the chance you may download their stuff. As GnR is a popular band I don't see downloading being too much of a problem.

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2008, 05:12:49 PM »

Yeah, I am buying the CD as soon as possible.I will DL it off Itunes at Midnight and then go to the store as soon as I wake up and buy the physical copy.

ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #233 on: May 07, 2008, 05:13:59 PM »

One would have to think Digital Rights has to be the major point considering there were no such thing when Axl signed that contract.
I just hope this album isn't one of those that has multiple different versions - like one CD version for USA/UK, a "tour" version, a Japanese version with a bonus track, an iTunes only version with a different cover and 2 bonus tracks, and a limited edition version with a bonus DVD featuring live footage etc etc etc   no

Smashing Pumpkins did that with Zeitgeist.
Velvet Revolver did it a lot too.

NO NEED!

One version please!

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2008, 05:21:32 PM »

what does that mean?

The focus on whether it has been "handed in" or "turned in" is probably based on Axl's comment regarding the timing of the release:

"It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company"

Perhaps the "turned in" is synonymous with the completion of negotiations?

Ah, who the fuck cares, the album is coming out this year, and all of this drama will be forgotten.   beer

rofl

I Agreed.

This Fuckin' Drama: BYE BYE...

hihi

HBK *

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #235 on: May 07, 2008, 05:26:29 PM »

I just hope this album isn't one of those that has multiple different versions - like one CD version for USA/UK, a "tour" version, a Japanese version with a bonus track, an iTunes only version with a different cover and 2 bonus tracks, and a limited edition version with a bonus DVD featuring live footage etc etc etc   no

Smashing Pumpkins did that with Zeitgeist.
Velvet Revolver did it a lot too.

NO NEED!

One version please!

Whitesnake - Good To Be Bad (2008)

Whitesnake - Good To Be Bad (Full Bonus CD) - 2008 - XXL (Limited Edition In U.K.)

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

HBK *

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #236 on: May 07, 2008, 05:31:43 PM »

Dude

as long as CD comes out

Axl can release 250 versions for all I care

Id buy 3 or 4 different versions

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #237 on: May 07, 2008, 05:34:53 PM »

Could it also be possible that these negotiations concern more than just one album?  Bach has obviously alluded to the idea of multiple releases and they could be getting all these details squared away up front.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #238 on: May 07, 2008, 05:39:59 PM »

ok so is the album handed into the label or not? ....i thought that "everybody knows that" or am i missing something  confused since Beta said that the Album has been handed in before christmas and its been said that "the ball is in the labels court" and the album doesnt havea set release date yet that the average fan knows about, i'm assuming that negotiations are still on going... a couple weeks ago you argued with me till you were blue in the face that the album is handed in cuz beta said so, now you are telling me that i'm making assumptions...make up your mind already

As far as I remember, she never said that.

You seem confused about two things. The album being done and the album being handed in. Two different things.

It's done.

As far as I know, nobody credible has stated it having been handed in to the label.

/jarmo

Nobody credible...well Classic Rock is a pretty well respected magazine, i dont see any reason for them to lie...but whatever you wanna think

what does that mean?

thank you mysteron...so anyway back to my previous statements, Axl is arguing his side, the label is arguing their side....nobody has the upper hand here....except that Guns N Roses owes Geffen an album....and since the album has been done since Late 2007 it doesnt look to me like Axl is calling the shots with the Label...

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #239 on: May 07, 2008, 05:52:52 PM »

Dude

as long as CD comes out

Axl can release 250 versions for all I care

Id buy 3 or 4 different versions

We will find Different versions Of CHINESE DEMOCRACY

ok

HBK *