Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:00:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WTTJ being used as part of Big Brother task
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTTJ being used as part of Big Brother task  (Read 3290 times)
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« on: July 02, 2008, 05:55:22 AM »

As the title says, nothing major, but Jungle is being used as part of the Zoo Task in this year's Big Brother.  All housemates are dressed as animals, apart from the twonk that is Mario, who is the zoo keeper.  As part of the task they have to dance to WTTJ every time it's played into the house.  Hilarious, in a surreal kind of way, to see kangaroos (the red-headed sexy Rex,  Wink), flamingos, seals, blue elephants, two-headed llama and rabbits waving their carrots (and no that's not a euphemism!) and getting on down to GNR.  It should be shown on the highlights programme on Ch4 at 10 pm tonight if anyone's interested.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=4909&position=10

edited to add the heffalumps and two-headed llama!  And a better link  Cheesy 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 02:06:31 PM by cyllan » Logged

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Pine Barrens
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 06:03:54 AM »

That's cool. On a related note, I went to see "Wanted" this weekend, and in one of the previews (for a Jason Statham movie called "Death Race") WTTJ was featured throughout 2/3'rds of the preview. Pretty cool.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 08:39:36 AM »

Cool.  I generally see Big Brother since my sister often has it on, not like I'd actually watch it myself....by choice Embarrassed Tongue
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 02:40:43 AM »

Brief clip shown on highlights programme last night.  About 4 mins in, when seal Jen has discovered she's been nominated to face the public vote for eviction on Fri, has turned on the waterworks (again!) and is being comforted by another seal, a kangeroo, a flamingo and an elephant.  I kid you not...   Enjoy!   Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYKYUbM6qqI

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 11:41:43 AM »

please tell me that no one had to sign off on this.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 04:51:58 PM »

How does licensing work on things like this (in the UK)? Obviously you can't control every broadcast/public performance (which is why pubs generally just apply for a music license and cover bands are covered by a similar music license which is the responsibility of whichever venue they play at)

Is the recent (last couple of years) usage of GN'R songs on TV etc due to Axl signing that publishing deal a while back? Has that meant that the publishing company act on his behalf and license the Guns back catalogue to TV etc. Or, do Channel 4 (or Endimol (sp?!)  or whoever) just purchase a similar kind of music broadcast license as pubs do (so that they can play whatever they like).Huh??

Hmmm.... anyone?

Back In Power
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 05:37:50 PM »

its big brother, another low for GNR
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 06:20:52 PM »

How does licensing work on things like this (in the UK)? Obviously you can't control every broadcast/public performance (which is why pubs generally just apply for a music license and cover bands are covered by a similar music license which is the responsibility of whichever venue they play at)

Might be the same system radio has?

The stations pay for the right to broadcast music.

You see songs used in all kinds of TV segments. Everything from promos for upcoming shows to sports highlights.

I don't think they ask every artist if they can use that particular song for the football highlights or whatever.... But I assume the artist gets paid for the fact that his/her music was broadcast.

Obviously it's different scenario if they're selling it. For example if it's a DVD with the song.....

Edit: Apparently music channels have a different licensing agreement. You can read a bit about it at http://www.mcps-prs-alliance.co.uk/

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:24:38 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 07:03:08 PM »

The BBC can play anything that has ever been recored I believe!, they get a free pass.

... Unless it's released on DVD. That's why if you ever pick up Only Fools n' Horses on DVD it will be chopped to bits, to cut out a lot of the music in the pub and all that.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 09:51:22 PM »

Cool.  I generally see Big Brother since my sister often has it on, not like I'd actually watch it myself....by choice Embarrassed Tongue

See, thats why these one-room houses with no doors suck so much.   ok

And there goes the challenger...
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 03:32:15 AM »

I'd never seen Big Brother until I started dating a guy who won it...  I know it's big in Europe, but I never realized it was as popular in the US as it is. He gets recognized everywhere we go, it's insane.

Anyway, cool... kinda... I guess...

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 06:15:15 AM »

usually is licensed under ascap.  or whatever publishng comp.. royalties, are payed, from juckbox plays , to all other things..

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: