Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:18:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dr Pepper bitchslapped
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr Pepper bitchslapped  (Read 42626 times)
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2008, 03:11:45 PM »

maybe if the fans all unite for a boycott of dr. pepper, we can cost them so much money that they'll have to apologize to axl.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2008, 03:18:39 PM »

yes they lost the confidence.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2008, 07:22:33 PM »

A statement from Dr Pepper reads, "We are disappointed that GN'R's lawyers are turning a fun giveaway into a legal dispute. We simply commented on the delayed release of Chinese Democracy and openly encouraged the band to release it before the end of the year. Axl (Rose, frontman) even expressed support for our efforts earlier in the year. This was one of the largest responses we have ever received for a giveaway, and we're happy we were able to satisfy the thirst of so many Dr Pepper fans. We wish Guns N' Roses the best with their album."

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #203 on: December 04, 2008, 01:57:30 AM »

A statement from Dr Pepper reads, "We are disappointed that GN'R's lawyers are turning a fun giveaway into a legal dispute. We simply commented on the delayed release of Chinese Democracy and openly encouraged the band to release it before the end of the year. Axl (Rose, frontman) even expressed support for our efforts earlier in the year. This was one of the largest responses we have ever received for a giveaway, and we're happy we were able to satisfy the thirst of so many Dr Pepper fans. We wish Guns N' Roses the best with their album."

hihi in resume "fuck off, we are not going to give more free dr.pepper."
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #204 on: December 04, 2008, 10:34:09 AM »

Yeah, that sounds right. But at the same time, you used the giveaway to promote your drink at Guns' expense, and you almost completely failed to deliver on the deal.

But I do love Dr. Pepper...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #205 on: December 08, 2008, 02:33:28 PM »

That sums it up rant even though there server was just the bigest pice of crap iv ever seen cus they know they just used GNR to get a ton of people to go on there websight so they can go FUCK THEMSELFS  rant

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
makane
Legend

« Reply #206 on: December 08, 2008, 05:25:46 PM »

That sums it up rant even though there server was just the bigest pice of crap iv ever seen cus they know they just used GNR to get a ton of people to go on there websight so they can go FUCK THEMSELFS  rant

Setting up a server for that kind of event is VERY hard.

The company behind it doesn't want it to overload, but they don't really want to charge Dr. Pepper for excessive bandwidth amount, which probably isn't cheap.

They probably just got surprised by the amount of traffic they got, but I do still think they should apologize.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #207 on: December 09, 2008, 04:43:33 AM »

They probably just got surprised by the amount of traffic they got, but I do still think they should apologize.

A lot of people simply can't pass up something because it's free.  I know several people who openly admit to not even liking Dr. Pepper but still tried to hop on the site and claim the free soda.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2008, 05:25:45 AM »

They should have just extended the date to the end of the year.

Fuck 'Em All.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #209 on: December 09, 2008, 09:03:33 AM »

Well I have never been a fan of Dr Pepper, I am certain that now I know why, is it a big deal to me, not really, but I do believe they should be held accountable for leading a promotion they had really no intent of following through with, GNR did not give them the right to use the band or its upcoming release to promote publicity for themselves, as if the world doesn't already no DR PEPPER exists, I say shame on them.  In the end, it is sad as it was a part of the GNR promotion, and we the American fans looked forward to this with our release of Chinese Democracy, they took away our Bonus, and worse than that, they broke a promise to alot of Americans, who at this time in our lives are glad to get anything at all for free, I say Axl and Dr Pepper should "Get in the ring" rant

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #210 on: December 09, 2008, 12:06:05 PM »

A lot of people simply can't pass up something because it's free.  I know several people who openly admit to not even liking Dr. Pepper but still tried to hop on the site and claim the free soda.

Of course they will!

Besides, for GN'R fans, the soda is somewhat special....

It's the one that proves that Axl made it and Dr Pepper had to live up to their promise.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #211 on: December 09, 2008, 12:08:24 PM »

hey jarmo, what's happening with the lawsuit?  had dr. pepper caved in yet?  i haven't heard an update.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #212 on: December 09, 2008, 01:03:53 PM »

It's not a lawsuit. It was an open letter!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #213 on: December 09, 2008, 01:16:45 PM »

Okay, lets just settle this. 

Dr. Pepper agrees to sponsor the GNR tour in the states and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy the music. 

(No, not for free.)

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2008, 01:22:00 PM »

Okay, lets just settle this. 

Dr. Pepper agrees to sponsor the GNR tour in the states

what? does gnr agree to that?
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2008, 02:59:37 PM »

Setting up a server for that kind of event is VERY hard.

The company behind it doesn't want it to overload, but they don't really want to charge Dr. Pepper for excessive bandwidth amount, which probably isn't cheap.

They knew exactly how much trafic they were going 2 get and that was the point they put up the shity server so no 1 could get through the forum part and get there free Dr. Pepper rant
[/quote]

Well I have never been a fan of Dr Pepper, I am certain that now I know why, is it a big deal to me, not really, but I do believe they should be held accountable for leading a promotion they had really no intent of following through with, GNR did not give them the right to use the band or its upcoming release to promote publicity for themselves, as if the world doesn't already no DR PEPPER exists, I say shame on them.  In the end, it is sad as it was a part of the GNR promotion, and we the American fans looked forward to this with our release of Chinese Democracy, they took away our Bonus, and worse than that, they broke a promise to alot of Americans, who at this time in our lives are glad to get anything at all for free, I say Axl and Dr Pepper should "Get in the ring" rant
I agree with the last guy they were in it 4 themselfs cus they know everyone almost dosnt like the Dr but love Pepsi it was just to get the name out saying hay were still here rant

and jarmo what do u think bout all this
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:04:54 PM by Jdog0830 » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #216 on: December 09, 2008, 03:13:06 PM »

guess jarmo knew that.

silly me trusted dr pepper. thought they were honest fans. they betrayed my confidence.

apparently axls as well. and most importantly dr pepper fans.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #217 on: December 09, 2008, 03:14:21 PM »

guess jarmo knew that.

silly me trusted dr pepper. thought they were honest fans. they betrayed my confidence.

yea they have 2 do something 2 make up 4 it

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #218 on: December 09, 2008, 03:19:03 PM »

guess jarmo knew that.

yea they have 2 do something 2 make up 4 it

Yeah I say they sponsor a one off show for Gnr and the fans.  Kind of like a accoustic show ala... 06
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:47:03 PM by GNR4L » Logged

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #219 on: December 09, 2008, 03:19:56 PM »

kool

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: