Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:35:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain & Tommy comments on a possible summer GNR tour
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain & Tommy comments on a possible summer GNR tour  (Read 83132 times)
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »

First they said that the band is HOPING to tour, then they said that dates have YET to be announced. Is the tour confirmed or what?

i'm sure we'll be notified once it is.   ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2009, 09:34:50 PM »

First they said that the band is HOPING to tour, then they said that dates have YET to be announced. Is the tour confirmed or what?

I think they would've said it's confirmed if it was.  Smiley

Judging by all the comments from Axl, Brain and Tommy, I guess they're looking at possibilities..... When/where etc...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2009, 10:08:01 PM »

Ahhhh, reminds me of about three years ago around this time.

Tour dates being contemplated by the band/being announced, interviews, cool exciting things coming up in the future, etc...

Good times.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2009, 01:13:09 PM »

While I'd love for Guns to tour the US so I could see them live in person with sales being better overseas it might make the most sense to start over there and build up some hype.  Maybe US sales will pick up a bit over time with more appearances, a tour, and when the Best Buy exclusive runs out and it's available at all record stores.  Either way I can't wait till they hit the road again and I can sit here and follow the shows online.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2009, 01:56:59 PM »

This is just a hunch but they may be having trouble finding promoters in the US willing to put up with the late stage times.  I'd say an overseas tour looks more likely.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #225 on: February 21, 2009, 02:57:03 PM »

This is just a hunch but they may be having trouble finding promoters in the US willing to put up with the late stage times. 

something like this might be true if we were talking about some run-of-the-mill newbie band, but for guns n fucking roses, it won't mean a damn thing. believe me, i've personally seen the 1992, 2002, 2006 crowds which more than suggests otherwise.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2009, 03:03:01 PM »

This is just a hunch but they may be having trouble finding promoters in the US willing to put up with the late stage times.  I'd say an overseas tour looks more likely.

That penchant for late start times was well established by the times the 2002 and 2006 tours rolled around.  Therefore, I highly doubt that is a factor now because it obviously wasn't a factor for the last two tours.

Ali
Erin
Opening Act

« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2009, 05:04:42 PM »

I think the concern is more along the lines of making sure Axl shows as opposed to what time he gets there.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #228 on: February 22, 2009, 01:44:23 AM »

While I'd love for Guns to tour the US so I could see them live in person with sales being better overseas it might make the most sense to start over there and build up some hype.  Maybe US sales will pick up a bit over time with more appearances, a tour, and when the Best Buy exclusive runs out and it's available at all record stores.  Either way I can't wait till they hit the road again and I can sit here and follow the shows online.

I think we all expect them to follow that plan.  Overseas first, to build up some hype.  There will be articles and news stories about a successful Guns N' Roses tour (God willing).  Stupid fat-ass Americans will hopefully be swayed to go, and we will have ourselves a wonderful Guns N' Roses fall/winter tour.

Ummmm...following shows is okay I guess, but going to shows is more satisfactory!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #229 on: February 22, 2009, 01:44:32 PM »

billboard.com mentioned a tommy interview when they posted the axl interview.
Quote from: billboard 'axl speaks'
In a separate phone interview, longtime Guns N' Roses (and former Replacements) bassist Tommy Stinson echoed Rose's sentiments.

so, I guess the interview was done before feb 6.
Quote from: billboard 'Reissues May Mark Replacements final Chapter'
Asked if using the Replacements' name was an impediment, Stinson replied,
"You know, we talked about that. But I've got people I like to play with (laughs hard). And I love Paul, but you don't really go start a new band with a guy you've already had a band with which was fairly successful."

I assume he's referring to GNR but I don't get why he laughs hard here?  Huh
randomconcepts
Headliner

SE7EN

« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2009, 04:39:15 AM »

Reissues May Mark Replacements' Final Chapter

The Replacements

February 20, 2009 12:05 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Despite the collective will of fans waiting with bated breath for a reunion, the book on the Replacements has likely closed with Rhino's recent round of deluxe reissues, according to former bassist Tommy Stinson.

Stinson tells Billboard that on the heels of the reissues, the best material has now been cleared from the Replacements vault, including live recordings, which may scotch longstanding rumors of a live album.

"It's not on the table," he says of that project. "I don't think we've got the quality takes. I think the best live record we could make is to gather up all the bootlegs, put them together and make it on our own. Those would actually make more sense."

The Replacements fan community went into overdrive last October when it was revealed that Stinson and Replacements frontman Paul Westeberg, who split up in 1991, had spent a couple of days jamming in Minneapolis. The group continues to receive lucrative offers to reunite, including a six-figure enticement to play the Coachella festival, and the rehearsal was seen by some as a tentative first step toward that goal.

But Stinson, who has been the bass player in Guns N' Roses since the late 1990s, says there've been no developments since, and that he is unsure whether a reunion will ever happen. "You know what? I just don't know if we have it in us," he says. "We've played together and we have things to offer each other. But I think ultimately it's like, why would we do it? The question comes up every time. Why would we do it? Well, they'll pay us really great. Is that the reason to go do it or not? I don't know.

"I think Paul probably struggles with it more than I, because I haven't played those songs in 20 years," he continues. "He has. To me, it sounds more of a fun idea to get up and play those songs again. Not for the money, but hey, it would be fun. Let's go do it. I don't think he's got in him, to be honest with you."

Asked if using the Replacements' name was an impediment, Stinson replied, "You know, we talked about that. But I've got people I like to play with (laughs hard). And I love Paul, but you don't really go start a new band with a guy you've already had a band with which was fairly successful."

That said, Stinson enjoyed combing through odds and ends to locate bonus tracks for the reissues. "There were some really great songs that were actually really surprising, as rough as they were," he says, singling out "Photo" on the "Pleased To Meet Me" reissue. "I totally didn't even know that song was a Replacements song. A friend of mine played it for me at his apartment and goes, don't you recognize that? It was like a 20th generation cassette dub, so it was really sped up. And I was like, wow, that's f*ckin' us! I think it's a great little song. It has a little funk to it."

Stinson also says he was particularly happy when he went back and listened to early material featuring his late brother Bob on guitar. "The real special stuff is the early stuff with Bob in the picture," he says. "There's some really good guitar playing, and you can hear he and Paul playing off each other a whole lot."

Last but not least, Stinson says Guns N' Roses is hoping to tour this year in support of its new album, "Chinese Democracy," but dates have yet to be announced.

source:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/reissues-may-mark-replacements-final-chapter-1003943399.story
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 04:49:36 AM by randomconcepts » Logged

Cos I'm A Human Being...
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2009, 06:49:31 AM »

Hehe...When I first read the title of this thread, I thought "end of replacements" would mean something...else.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2009, 10:09:30 AM »

You wish...

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2009, 10:52:50 AM »

That penchant for late start times was well established by the times the 2002 and 2006 tours rolled around.  Therefore, I highly doubt that is a factor now because it obviously wasn't a factor for the last two tours.

Ali

Are you speaking of the last two US tours which weren't completed?  Let's not pretend that this band hasn't burned some bridges here.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2009, 10:59:42 AM »

Hehe...When I first read the title of this thread, I thought "end of replacements" would mean something...else.

This needs to stop. Now.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2009, 11:19:11 AM »

Nah I know, I wasn't even trolling. I really thought the article would mean something along these lines.

That being said, I can't wait for news about the 2009 line-up !

Oh and on a sidenote, am I the only one wondering about the Brain/Frank Ferrer situation ? It looks like Brain is back in the band but Myspace still lists Frank Ferrer as THE drummer.  Huh
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2009, 12:12:18 PM »

^We'll have to wait and see, the band's been quite silent on that issue really.....

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
gnr2k6
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2009, 12:23:03 PM »

thats because frank is still the drummer
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2009, 12:23:49 PM »

Ali

Are you speaking of the last two US tours which weren't completed?  Let's not pretend that this band hasn't burned some bridges here.

You are changing the point you originally presented.  The penchant for late start times was well-established by 2002, and it obviously did not prevent the 2002 or 2006 tours from being booked.

The cancellation of shows is a separate issue.

Ali
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2009, 12:39:28 PM »

http://www.elcorreodigital.com/vizcaya/20090223/mas-actualidad/sociedad/guns-roses-actuara-kobetasonick-200902231742.html

i saw this on a forum.. can anyone translate it?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: