Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 02:46:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumor: GNR reunion may not include all classic members
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumor: GNR reunion may not include all classic members  (Read 41236 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #220 on: November 19, 2015, 02:10:21 PM »

I not even know why am I writing this. I personally believe that Axl doesn't give a damn for what's happening here and that he'll do whatever he wants, doesn't matter what you, me, or the rest of the world think. And that's one of the coolest things about loving a band that is real.

It has value, I suppose.  I'm just unclear how it trumps activity and productivity.  Or that such concepts are mutually exclusive.

Let's not pretend Axl is the only artist in the world doing his own thing and marching to his own tune.  He's just the only one that takes decades to get something done.

Look at Prince.  Not exactly what I'd call a good soldier or a guy that colors inside the lines, right?  Ever have a gander at his productivity from 1994 to present day?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #221 on: November 19, 2015, 02:13:24 PM »

Ah, the age old "quantity trumps everything" discussion.

From one of the persons who keeps telling us it's not a good idea to release more music because the media will make fun of GN'R!

rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: November 19, 2015, 02:36:27 PM »

Maybe you're right. In lack of a video I supported GNR sharing the Rock AM Ring video for KOHD.

Some people said Axl's voice sounded like shit even though it sounded better there than in 1991. Some people will always be haters.

But I do think there's a difference between a hater and a critic.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Annie
« Reply #223 on: November 19, 2015, 02:39:10 PM »

The past 2 months or so have been really strange.  I would really like to know who was truly behind starting up the initial reunion hype that just spiraled out of control.  It all started with Slash saying that he and Axl were friends again which is great.  But why did that cause everybody to assume that a GNR reunion was in the works?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: November 19, 2015, 02:47:35 PM »

The past 2 months or so have been really strange.  I would really like to know who was truly behind starting up the initial reunion hype that just spiraled out of control.  It all started with Slash saying that he and Axl were friends again which is great.  But why did that cause everybody to assume that a GNR reunion was in the works?

It was fueled by DJ ashba and BBF leaving, and TOmmy ''sort of leaving''.

And it gets more intense by the minute with no one denying the rumors.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 02:49:29 PM by Wooody » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #225 on: November 19, 2015, 02:54:11 PM »

Yeah.

Also: It's such a fine line between stupid, and uh... Clever.

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #226 on: November 19, 2015, 02:55:38 PM »

Maybe you're right. In lack of a video I supported GNR sharing the Rock AM Ring video for KOHD.

Some people said Axl's voice sounded like shit even though it sounded better there than in 1991. Some people will always be haters.

He sounds amazing at that show.  I've show the opening of WTTJ to several people that remarked how great he sounded.

And of course there is a difference between a hater and a critic.  Its all in the eyes of the hypersensitive beholder.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Annie
« Reply #227 on: November 19, 2015, 02:56:52 PM »

I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it just got so out of control that somebody in power must have started it.  Like Chris Tucker said in the Rush Hour movies about drug dealers on the streets of the hood.  Trace everything back to the rich white man.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 02:59:33 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: November 19, 2015, 03:18:42 PM »

I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it just got so out of control that somebody in power must have started it.  Like Chris Tucker said in the Rush Hour movies about drug dealers on the streets of the hood.  Trace everything back to the rich white man.

Are you saying Axl started the rumors?  hihi j/k

Annie
« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2015, 03:27:07 PM »

Are you saying Axl started the rumors?  hihi j/k
No. There are people in the industry who would stand to make a lot of money off Of a reunion. Just waxing philosophical to get my mind off of possible terrorist attacks which are methodically planned months and years in advance. I am thinking if the men in suits. Not the artists.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #230 on: November 19, 2015, 03:45:40 PM »

Nah... I don't think it's some big conspiracy...

I know there's about 100 people who post on these boards who don't wan't to see Slash up there with Axl for a variety of reasons...

But the rest of the world.. would really like to see it. It's snowballed the past few weeks in to something that it might not be... but not a conspiracy, just a lot of people around the world that would be really jacked up.

Plus... you know who probably would make the most money ?

Axl  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 04:03:03 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2015, 04:00:27 PM »

Yeah, I don't see how Axl doesn't make a fortune here.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2015, 04:04:38 PM »

I guess you could argue that maybe Slash and Duff would require bigger pay days than lets say Ashba and Tommy made per gig...

But still... I don't see how they all don't walk away without ever having to work again.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2015, 04:06:57 PM »

There are people in the industry who would stand to make a lot of money off Of a reunion.

Of course. That's why it's called the music business...

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2015, 04:17:34 PM »

I guess you could argue that maybe Slash and Duff would require bigger pay days than lets say Ashba and Tommy made per gig...

But still... I don't see how they all don't walk away without ever having to work again.

The advance has to be bigger.

And you are selling FAR more seats in FAR more venues, and likely at a healthy ticket price.

Annie
« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2015, 04:58:19 PM »

Nah... I don't think it's some big conspiracy...

I know there's about 100 people who post on these boards who don't wan't to see Slash up there with Axl for a variety of reasons...

But the rest of the world.. would really like to see it. It's snowballed the past few weeks in to something that it might not be... but not a conspiracy, just a lot of people around the world that would be really jacked up.

Plus... you know who probably would make the most money ?

Axl  Smiley

What I mean is thAt whoever got the ball rolling knew it would spiral out of control.  The crappy little yellow journalists like dishnation and alternative nation are just peons in a much larger game. Just like the kids on the street selling drugs. For them it is a huge payday. Just like the clickbait websites.  But somewhere in his mansion is a rich white guy who stands to profit the most.  Axl would get a nice payday for sure.  But the suits in the music industry would gain the most.  There is not a lot of great music out there now. So instead of investing in something new they want to bring out something from the past that was hugely successful and has stood the test of time.  Just my .02   And the suits know thAt if a reunion does not happen thAt the public would blame Axl.  That is again why I think TB is taking the we do not negotiate with terrorists approach to not being forced to make an official statement at this time.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 05:02:29 PM by Sweet Child O'DEXTER » Logged
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2015, 05:12:59 PM »

Sheesh.   hihi Roll Eyes

You said you didn't mean to, but I don't see how you couldn't have meant to be a conspiracy theorist there.  Chris Tucker's character certainly was.
Annie
« Reply #237 on: November 19, 2015, 05:27:36 PM »

Sheesh.   hihi Roll Eyes

You said you didn't mean to, but I don't see how you couldn't have meant to be a conspiracy theorist there.  Chris Tucker's character certainly was.
Fair enough. Maybe I am.  I just think that someone in power counted on massive speculation from the diehard fan base and that in this age of social media and reality TV, where fame and any association with it is the most highly valued commodity that the whole GNR reunion topic would take on a life of its own. Which it has.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #238 on: November 19, 2015, 05:34:09 PM »

You think they told the US TV channel and the Swedish journalist to ask those questions so Slash would give the answers that started some of the speculation and rumors?

Edited to add: What do you call it when people who post their honest opinion about the band changing their line up too many times for their liking, but they're also hoping for a line up change that they approve of? So they're against the band changing line up, except.... hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 05:37:19 PM by jarmo » Logged

Annie
« Reply #239 on: November 19, 2015, 05:53:13 PM »

You think they told the US TV channel and the Swedish journalist to ask those questions so Slash would give the answers that started some of the speculation and rumors?

Edited to add: What do you call it when people who post their honest opinion about the band changing their line up too many times for their liking, but they're also hoping for a line up change that they approve of? So they're against the band changing line up, except.... hihi

/jarmo

No, I think Slash made a sincere honest statement. Which was a good thing.  I think other people maybe have grabbed onto it to create this reunion hysteria.  I could be totally wrong. I probably am. I was just philosophizing as. To why things got so crazy. Eddie Trunk started a lot if it,and now he is trying to backpedal  Maybe the info he got from his supposed source was false. And he jumped the gun to be the first to get his name out there. Who knows? Just a theory.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: