Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:00:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumor: GNR reunion may not include all classic members
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumor: GNR reunion may not include all classic members  (Read 41766 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2015, 12:17:37 PM »

All this era talk. Seems like some just need a start and finish to focus on.

So the next album, if it has songs recorded during the same sessions as Chinese Democracy, is it still part of that era or a new era? Considering those guys who recorded as part of the previous era aren't in the band anymore? Or does it mean it's not part of any era since those guys left and the album isn't allowed to have its own era due to that fact?

Live Era 87-93 was one era? But it consisted of different line ups....   confused

hihi

/jarmo

Well for starters I consider the Live Era all the same... all of those songs were crafted by Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy.

Yes the next release I would consider as part of the same era as Chinese Democracy I guess assuming those are the songs on it that Axl referred to as the second half.

If they play a reunion tour... that doesn't change anything... as far as those songs go, assuming they release them.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #201 on: November 19, 2015, 12:24:23 PM »

Well for starters I consider the Live Era all the same... all of those songs were crafted by Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy.

Poor Steven.

Yes the next release I would consider as part of the same era as Chinese Democracy I guess assuming those are the songs on it that Axl referred to as the second half.

If they play a reunion tour... that doesn't change anything... as far as those songs go, assuming they release them.

So let's play more hypothetical games.

Let's assume the rumored reunion happen and it kinda coincides with the release of the second half of Chinese Democracy. So there's a tour with guys who were in the old band who didn't write the majority of the album. That would still be CD era? But you said it ended when Buckethead and those guys quit. Before the album that gave the name to the era was released. It would restart again?

No, I'm not being completely serious here.....  Just finding all this era talk somewhat confusing. hihi
It's all Guns N' Roses to me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #202 on: November 19, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »

Does anyone really care who else is there other than axl,slash and duff? Dont get me wrong I would love to see Izzy....but as far as matt,frank or steven, not a big deal, and richard,izzy or gilby? its all about slash and duff with axl...izzy would be awesome though but either way im going

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #203 on: November 19, 2015, 12:27:23 PM »

Poor Steven.

So let's play more hypothetical games.

Let's assume the rumored reunion happen and it kinda coincides with the release of the second half of Chinese Democracy. So there's a tour with guys who were in the old band who didn't write the majority of the album. That would still be CD era? But you said it ended when Buckethead and those guys quit. Before the album that gave the name to the era was released. It would restart again?

No, I'm not being completely serious here.....  Just finding all this era talk somewhat confusing. hihi
It's all Guns N' Roses to me.

/jarmo

Well I think I pointed out that I also don't see the need anymore for labeling eras as well ... That Axl is going to get up there and sing the songs regardless...

Then you scolded me for saying Axl and not GNR...  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #204 on: November 19, 2015, 12:28:54 PM »

Personally I?d consider Chinese Democracy to be post Spaghetti Incident, up to the present.
It?s been a long era, and one that can?t end soon enough if you ask me.
There have no doubt been some great moments along the way, but it feels like the Chinese Democracy tour has been going for well over a decade, and since the album didn?t really resonate with me, or the majority of GN?R fans for that matter, I?ve never understood why it?s gone on so long, other than the obvious financial aspect.

I?d love to see them move on from the Chinese era.
I thought people were joking when a Chinese Democracy remix album was first mentioned.
I can?t believe that?s honestly been discussed. The Chinese Democracy well ran dry a long, long time ago.

A reunion tour could be great for obvious reasons, but add putting a book end on the Chinese Democracy era to the list for me.
Teaming Axl back up with motivated, productive musicians with a voice could possibly spark some new music out of him. Especially if that chemistry between them returns. Long shot, but seems a much higher probability than getting anything out of him with the musicians that haven?t managed more than 14 (released) songs in the past 24 years. If it?s truly the label that?s been holding things up the release of new music all these years, which I never bought, but if true, that should no longer be an issue should they reunite.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #205 on: November 19, 2015, 12:37:38 PM »

Does anyone really care who else is there other than axl,slash and duff? Dont get me wrong I would love to see Izzy....but as far as matt,frank or steven, not a big deal, and richard,izzy or gilby? its all about slash and duff with axl...izzy would be awesome though but either way im going

I agree.

I've been rolling with Axl and whoever for 15 years.  Can't see why I could somehow not roll with Axl/Slash/Duff and whoever.

Nor not see it as a vast improvement.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #206 on: November 19, 2015, 12:40:11 PM »

I thought people were joking when a Chinese Democracy remix album was first mentioned.
I can?t believe that?s honestly been discussed. The Chinese Democracy well ran dry a long, long time ago.

If there ever even was a time for it (highly debatable) that time has long come and gone.

Think of it like this.  Axl dropped the album then went into Witness Protection for over a year.  They finally cranked up a tour 13 months later.

Wouldn't that be the time for a remix album?  The album its remixing is still somewhat fresh and is currently the product your are touring to promote.

But now?  8 years later?

Nope.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #207 on: November 19, 2015, 12:45:11 PM »

All the "era" talking looks like "Back to the Future" ! Crazy people who create their own little worlds where they have their heroes and villains and they want to decide what's gonna happen next. I just hope Axl does whatever he wants and that whatever the future holds, hopefully is less complicated and less painful than the whole Chinese Democracy process. It's so weird in my mind to read out there that "Guns N' Roses is back" - Hello!!!! It's back since 2001 !!!!!!!

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2015, 12:47:58 PM »

All the "era" talking looks like "Back to the Future" ! Crazy people who create their own little worlds where they have their heroes and villains and they want to decide what's gonna happen next. I just hope Axl does whatever he wants and that whatever the future holds, hopefully is less complicated and less painful than the whole Chinese Democracy process. It's so weird in my mind to read out there that "Guns N' Roses is back" - Hello!!!! It's back since 2001 !!!!!!!

But are you looking at it through your diehard fan lens, or a general public lens?

Two quite different perspectives, no?

spgunner
Headliner

« Reply #209 on: November 19, 2015, 01:21:06 PM »

But are you looking at it through your diehard fan lens, or a general public lens?

Two quite different perspectives, no?

Probably diehard since I'm talking about people who are writing here. But I guess not at the same time because the majority of people who talk about "the return of Guns N' Roses" are usually the people who know the band has been out there for many many years, they just want what they want. Therefore they try to ignore all the successful tours through the years, the good position of CD at the charts, bluray sales, etc.

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: November 19, 2015, 01:21:41 PM »

They should've at least made one video. People just don't know. A friend of mine had his ipod on his car. And I found GNR's Greatest Hits, so of course I put it on  hihi

ANd something strange happened. He told me : " Ah, when Guns R Roses was cool'' and I asked him :''But, Have you heard the new album?, there's some cool songs in there''

His reply hit me like a rock  Undecided : "NO"

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #211 on: November 19, 2015, 01:31:40 PM »

Well I think I pointed out that I also don't see the need anymore for labeling eras as well ... That Axl is going to get up there and sing the songs regardless...

Then you scolded me for saying Axl and not GNR...  Smiley

Not scolded, corrected.  ok

I’d love to see them move on from the Chinese era.
I can’t believe that’s honestly been discussed. The Chinese Democracy well ran dry a long, long time ago.

That's funny. GN'R fans being against more music.
Who knew!

rofl

All this "it's not a good idea to put it out because I don't want it". Don't buy it. Let those who are curious, buy it and listen. Stay away, don't buy it. Simple.
Why not hope it comes out if Axl wants it to? Is that so unselfish that you can't?

There's some fans who would love every live show to be made available for purchase. I wouldn't buy every one myself, not many fans would. I don't think it would make the masses to go out and buy them, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna start posting about how the band should never do it and how bad the idea is! But that's what some of you are openly doing in principle.

Just find that mentality puzzling.

What's so horrible about your favorite band putting out more new music? Even if it's not "your thing". That "nobody outside selective hardcore fans would buy it" excuse makes no sense.

They should've at least made one video. People just don't know.

You think these people would've gone on Youtube to watch it?

It seems like that's where people watch videos. Not on TV.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 01:44:28 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #212 on: November 19, 2015, 01:46:47 PM »

That's funny. GN'R fans being against more music.
Who knew!

rofl

All this "it's not a good idea to put it out because I don't want it". Don't buy it. Let those who are curious, buy it and listen. Stay away, don't buy it. Simple.
Why not hope it comes out if Axl wants it to? Is that so unselfish that you can't?

There's some fans who would love every live show to be made available for purchase. I wouldn't buy every one myself, not many fans would. I don't think it would make the masses to go out and buy them, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna start posting about how the band should never do it and how bad the idea is! But that's what some of you are openly doing in principle.

Just find that mentality puzzling.

What's so horrible about your favorite band putting out more new music? Even if it's not "your thing". That "nobody outside selective hardcore fans would buy it" excuse makes no sense.

/jarmo

I agree, it is simple.
I most likely would not buy it.

I was just commenting on the fact that the idea of a Chinese Democracy remix album was comical to me.
An album that took well over a decade to produce, and the followup could be, best case scenario, 7 years later, a remix of said album?
Sounds like an April fools joke to me, but I never said I wouldn?t be happy for those interested in hearing it, having the chance to do so.

If Axl wants to release Chinese Democracy Dance Party Remix, I?m sure it will happen with or without my approval.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: November 19, 2015, 01:52:22 PM »

They should've at least made one video. People just don't know.

You think these people would've gone on Youtube to watch it?

It seems like that's where people watch videos. Not on TV.

/jarmo

Does that really matter? I don't watch TV anymore, zapping without finding anything did it for me.  But many people still do, the friend I mentioned still does,  and I think between channels, on a given night he might stumble on a music channel, and that music channel may or may not be playing GNR. If he was a fan back in the day, he would've recognized Axl and leave it on.  I don't know the percentage of that kind of situation happening for any given artist, but it must be higher with a video than with no video  Grin

Also, if you have a video, isnt there a greater chance of having DJs play such song in their radio stations? Im asking without truly knowing, but I have a feeling they do.

I think with a video, someone like my friend may have had a greater chance of at least listening to one song.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #214 on: November 19, 2015, 01:54:35 PM »

Probably diehard since I'm talking about people who are writing here. But I guess not at the same time because the majority of people who talk about "the return of Guns N' Roses" are usually the people who know the band has been out there for many many years, they just want what they want. Therefore they try to ignore all the successful tours through the years, the good position of CD at the charts, bluray sales, etc.

Yeah, somehow, they have been able to block all that out.

I certainly think more people know Axl is still doing something or other in some form than there are people unaware he's done anything.

They just pay little attention to it, because they consider it illegitimate.  They know he has a random cast of characters he's attempting to pass off as Guns N' Roses.  But to most folks, so long as he is the only guy left, its not real.

These are the types of people I'm referring to whenever someone here tries to make the argument that...it must be Guns N' Roses, why, it says so right here on the ticket!  Semantically, correct.  Big picture, to the general public, they laugh at that.  

If you (or anyone, really) are the type of person that takes some sort of smug satisfaction that you are "right" and they are "wrong", that's your prerogative.  But as I've said more times than I can count, where does that argument resonate EXCEPT here?

spgunner
Headliner

« Reply #215 on: November 19, 2015, 01:58:51 PM »

MTV is long gone. Not sure how videos would change something. Of course the fans want to see videos, especially with the huge video history the band has but as far as sales goes...
Fact is some people can't accept they're not in charge of the future of the band and want to demand what they want. I think this is so predicable and not cool. You may have your personal wishes but to bother everyone? For what? Does any of you believe that Axl will come here, read your thoughts and change his mind on anything? I really like the surprise element. I like to not know what's gonna happen next. One of the things I learned and that also made me love this band so much is that they were never AC/DC or Ramones in the sense of doing things over and over again in that old "record an album - tour - record another album - tour, etc", just like robots. I mean I know there's a downside in all the wait and apparent lack of news but at the same time it's so exciting to have no idea what's gonna happen next.
I also don't get people who want reunions and keep on going to the gigs and to places like this forum. Queen for example: I don't like the new guy singing. For me there's no Queen without Freddie Mercury. BUT what can I do? Brian and Roger have all the right in the world to do whatever they want with THEIR band, not mine, Therefore the only thing I can do if I don't enjoy it the way it is today is to BE AWAY. I don't get into Queen forums to complain and bitch about it. I don't go to the gigs. Id rather watch a live DVD with Freddie at home than go to a live gig with the new guy. I even thought that could be somehow magic to see Roger and Brian live but I gave up. I respect them for what they did before so I don't think it's right to attack them just because they decided to keep on in a different way. I know Freddie is dead and the former members are not but the idea is the same: if I didn't like GNR without Slash for instance... I wouldn't be here all the time complaining and trying to ruin Axl's life or the fans' or the band's just because the selfish asshole inside of me wants something different than the reality. I wouldn't go to the gigs or anything like that. I don't go see Alice in Chains because for me AIC ended when Layne died - the same way I ignore Skid Row without Sebastian Bach. A lot of people don't think like this and I'm ok with that. But it's a shame most of the GNR fans who want what they want don't realize how boring and how selfish they are. And how much time they're wasting of their own lives trying to control something they cannot - glad they don't!

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #216 on: November 19, 2015, 02:00:24 PM »

I was just commenting on the fact that the idea of a Chinese Democracy remix album was comical to me.
An album that took well over a decade to produce, and the followup could be, best case scenario, 7 years later, a remix of said album?
Sounds like an April fools joke to me, but I never said I wouldn?t be happy for those interested in hearing it, having the chance to do so.

But its how its going to come across.

The jokes write themselves.  Axl takes a decade plus to come up with one album, then left to his devices he's back 8 later with a remix of that same lone album.

People need to stop thinking in terms of everyone being as plugged is as we are.  Yes, we might know this remix album has been done for years, but they don't.

And frankly...is that an argument you are looking to make?  Giving people the truth just promotes more jokes.  

Think about how that goes, if you try and get on your high horse to defend it to a casual fan :

Shows what you know, smartguy.  This isn't a new remix album.  He's had it done a for a few years now.  So don't you feel dumb now, huh?

Wait...time out.  So you are telling me even a remix album takes him 4-5 years to release?  What's wrong with this guy?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #217 on: November 19, 2015, 02:04:30 PM »

Does any of you believe that Axl will come here, read your thoughts and change his mind on anything?

No, of course not.

On the other hand, we do have people that talk like he's watching over all of this like he's freakin' Santa Claus and making naughty and nice lists.  Better not say anything or he might find out.

Like he's going to wander in here one day and these "real fans" would point out all the "entitled whiners" and tell them they were going to get it now! 

Oh, but not me, Axl, I've been "loyal".  Check my posts!  I kept telling these people to stop!  I'M ONE OF THE GOOD ONES.

spgunner
Headliner

« Reply #218 on: November 19, 2015, 02:05:12 PM »

Yeah, somehow, they have been able to block all that out.

I certainly think more people know Axl is still doing something or other in some form than there are people unaware he's done anything.

They just pay little attention to it, because they consider it illegitimate.  They know he has a random cast of characters he's attempting to pass off as Guns N' Roses.  But to most folks, so long as he is the only guy left, its not real.

These are the types of people I'm referring to whenever someone here tries to make the argument that...it must be Guns N' Roses, why, it says so right here on the ticket!  Semantically, correct.  Big picture, to the general public, they laugh at that.  

If you (or anyone, really) are the type of person that takes some sort of smug satisfaction that you are "right" and they are "wrong", that's your prerogative.  But as I've said more times than I can count, where does that argument resonate EXCEPT here?

I don't see it as right or wrong. It's like I said - you have all the right in the world to think this is not Guns N' Roses, the same way I have all the right in the world to think it is Guns N' Roses. The issue is what we do with what we believe. Many people who considered the band illegitimate never ever seen them live when they first got together to start with and many of the ones who didn't consider it GNR changed their minds through the years after watching a gig or two in person.
I not even know why am I writing this. I personally believe that Axl doesn't give a damn for what's happening here and that he'll do whatever he wants, doesn't matter what you, me, or the rest of the world think. And that's one of the coolest things about loving a band that is real.

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #219 on: November 19, 2015, 02:06:52 PM »

Sounds like an April fools joke to me, but I never said I wouldn’t be happy for those interested in hearing it, having the chance to do so.

If Axl wants to release Chinese Democracy Dance Party Remix, I’m sure it will happen with or without my approval.

Of course it would happen without your approval.
Like i said, I just don't get the "don't release it" posts from fans who week in and week out point out how they need more music but are quick to "deny" others of new music since it doesn't interest them personally.

That's all.

The posters who are suddenly so concerned about GN'R's reputation and all that. That's cute.

The idiots in the media will write what they want anyway.
If GN'R puts out an album for their fans, who cares what they twist it into? Does it matter?

So now it's "those fans who want to hear the remixes can't because the media will make fun of GN'R if they're released".
Hahahahaha.

Maybe they should pay less attention to the media and what they think is "cool".....  hihi

I mean think about it....
If you're concerned about what the media will think.... This is GN'R. Remember that song, Get In The Ring? Read the lyrics? Does that seem like something they put on the album to make the media happy?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 02:10:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: