Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:26:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227832 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOUR] Chinese Democracy to be re-released on March 3rd?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOUR] Chinese Democracy to be re-released on March 3rd?  (Read 33832 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 03:28:31 PM »

I don't understand why they would re release it already if it was exactly the same as the one thats out. People who go to the shows surely know the albums out, surely people who go to the shows tell there friends about how awsome GNR are and tell them the albums out, i dont believe the whole "new intrest in GNR" thing, it was one of the most anticipated albums, especially in the rock world

Maybe they wanna release it again with proper promo. Maybe with a music video ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2010, 03:30:39 PM »

on Amazon UK it says the new version is an 'import'!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »

I don't understand why they would re release it already if it was exactly the same as the one thats out. People who go to the shows surely know the albums out, surely people who go to the shows tell there friends about how awsome GNR are and tell them the albums out, i dont believe the whole "new intrest in GNR" thing, it was one of the most anticipated albums, especially in the rock world

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 'Welcome to the Jungle' single was released like 4/5 times before it finally caught on I think?

Just goes to show, persistence pays off Wink
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2010, 03:34:17 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 'Welcome to the Jungle' single was released like 4/5 times before it finally caught on I think?

Doesnt that cost more money? for the record company or whatever? i mean, if they were so stubborn to do it first time round, why would they do it now Huh

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2010, 03:39:14 PM »

Most likely Best Buy deal is up

As much as I'd love new covers and disco-remixes, I'd be willing to bet that the BB deal has run its course and now other major markets have it.

However, did someone mention that there is a release date in the UK for this too? That is the only thing that would raise suspicion (among other things).

UK Amazon only has the March 2nd version listed as an import, so I think you're right - it's probably the Best Buy thing.
If FYE is going to be carrying it, I'd say the Best Buy deal would be done.  I would hope IF it is re-released things are handled a little more traditionally this time around.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2010, 03:43:51 PM »

Most likely Best Buy deal is up

As much as I'd love new covers and disco-remixes, I'd be willing to bet that the BB deal has run its course and now other major markets have it.

However, did someone mention that there is a release date in the UK for this too? That is the only thing that would raise suspicion (among other things).

UK Amazon only has the March 2nd version listed as an import, so I think you're right - it's probably the Best Buy thing.
If FYE is going to be carrying it, I'd say the Best Buy deal would be done.  I would hope IF it is re-released things are handled a little more traditionally this time around.

FYE does have some imports though, so they could import the CD from elsewhere. Have seen that done before.

Doesnt that cost more money? for the record company or whatever? i mean, if they were so stubborn to do it first time round, why would they do it now Huh

Of course it costs money, but WTTJ wasn't a big hit the first couple times it was released but finally caught on. Maybe that'll be the trick here with Chinese Democracy? Who knows.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2010, 06:51:36 PM »

"Ogv", what's that?

Ogg Vorbis Video File? ... maybe it has somethign to do with the free download you get when you buy the vinyl?

maybe its just a new pressing of the album...you see this from time to time

like a 2nd edition printing of a novel you may buy at a book store?

murph
Opening Act

Guys No Shirt No Service-Gals No Shirt No Charge

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2010, 07:52:50 PM »

no one at all thinks that this could be volume 2?

12-14 new tracks...

the second part of the album Axl envisioned??

after the way the album sold why would they re package it? it would make more sence to get the whole Chinese Democracy package out there while they are touring so they can promote both cd's ....

I know it sounds far fetched but that makes more sence

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT. ANYTHING YOU SAY WILL BE MISQUOTED,
THEN USED AGAINST YOU
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2010, 08:12:49 PM »

Obviously it would be a treat for us fans if the new release includes any bonus tracks or any other extra feature. But even if it is just the new cover version, the timing couldn't be better with all the touring at the moment. It's another chance to get Chinese Democracy a bit of promotion and hopefully the casual fans who haven't purchased the album, will do so after attending an amazing show.

Lee
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 08:19:20 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2010, 08:44:37 PM »

12-14 new tracks...

after the way the album sold why would they re package it? it would make more sence to get the whole Chinese Democracy package out there while they are touring so they can promote both cd's ....

That would be great, but Axl did say they'd like to focus on CD right now, tour it properly, and give it the attention it deserves.

Of course things often change in the land of GNR, so who knows.  New material would be great, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2010, 09:45:03 PM »

12-14 new tracks...

it seems that they would have played some of these live already...very far fetched thought!!!  i would bank on no changes, just a different cover or something like that

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2010, 10:02:21 PM »

it seems that they would have played some of these live already...very far fetched thought!!!  i would bank on no changes, just a different cover or something like that

Yup... You've gotta remember CD was a limited release... All they are doing now(or so it  seems), is making it available wide spread.. Bonus track?? Maybe... 12-14 new? no way!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2010, 10:06:19 PM »

when Axl was on with Eddie Trunk a few years back, wasn't there some mention about Axl telling Seb Bach to re-release STTG back in the day, and they made a joke or something about just continue re-releasing it until it catches on??

not that anything that happened in the 80's or 90's has any relevance to today's market. still, it wouldn't surprise me if this was being re-released. especially considering that they may have ran into some difficulties with getting the ball rolling after it was oringially released in 2008.

i'm not sure what the additional costs would be, and aside from some additional promotion, i'm not real clear on the benefits of a re-release either.

i'm not expecting anything new, but if there is it'll be a great surprise. i'd be psyched if there were just a new booklet and/or a vinyl that doesn't skip.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
cineater
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2010, 12:31:13 AM »

12-14 new tracks...

That would be great, but Axl did say they'd like to focus on CD right now, tour it properly, and give it the attention it deserves.

Of course things often change in the land of GNR, so who knows.  New material would be great, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

CD II would be part of this collection of music so to introduce it during this tour is not really changing the focus of the type of music.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2010, 12:48:29 AM »

It is considered an import on the Canadian sites so I think the guess that this is coming out after the original bestbuy deal expired is correct.  Though it does of a 2010 printing so a bonus track or 2 would be sweet
CoBrA2168
Headliner

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2010, 02:09:19 AM »

when Axl was on with Eddie Trunk a few years back, wasn't there some mention about Axl telling Seb Bach to re-release STTG back in the day, and they made a joke or something about just continue re-releasing it until it catches on??

not that anything that happened in the 80's or 90's has any relevance to today's market. still, it wouldn't surprise me if this was being re-released. especially considering that they may have ran into some difficulties with getting the ball rolling after it was oringially released in 2008.

i'm not sure what the additional costs would be, and aside from some additional promotion, i'm not real clear on the benefits of a re-release either.

i'm not expecting anything new, but if there is it'll be a great surprise. i'd be psyched if there were just a new booklet and/or a vinyl that doesn't skip.
Yeah, he did say that.  I wouldn't be surprised if this just isn't the alternate cover with the different booklet pictures that were leaked last year.  If it's true I'm buying 2 copies!
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2010, 03:58:13 AM »

Just been reading a similar thread over on gnrevolution....pretty big consensus over there that this is just a re-release of the album we already have....just to boost sales whilst gnr are active.

Be great if we could get some sort of confirmation from fernando, beta or Axl that we are in fact getting something different drool

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2010, 06:02:54 AM »

Whatever is released, I hope that this time Axl is happy with the final product...cover/artwork, credits, tracks, track order etc. More like he originally envisaged the CD to be. Perhaps they have approval for the other cover now?

Here today...ready to rock
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2010, 06:18:21 AM »

if its the version Axl wanted to have out in the first place with correct cover, booklet, lyrics, credits etc. then there aint high chances for additional tracks like new songs, demos, live. because otherwise we would have them on the 1st issue allready, right? all speculation but it could very well be that he'll say "THIS is the album how it should have been out, this is what i want(ed) you to see and hear!"

well, even if so....first day buyer here  peace

Re-Union time, baby!!
DemocracyRose
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2010, 06:27:07 AM »

if its the version Axl wanted to have out in the first place with correct cover, booklet, lyrics, credits etc. then there aint high chances for additional tracks like new songs, demos, live. because otherwise we would have them on the 1st issue allready, right? all speculation but it could very well be that he'll say "THIS is the album how it should have been out, this is what i want(ed) you to see and hear!"

well, even if so....first day buyer here  peace

Meaning different mixes??

We have also seen re-release dates for AFD and it turn out to be the same version. So I think this means nothing. Hopefully im wrong...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 06:29:31 AM by DemocracyRose » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: