Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:40:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOUR] Chinese Democracy to be re-released on March 3rd?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOUR] Chinese Democracy to be re-released on March 3rd?  (Read 33827 times)
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2010, 06:27:40 AM »

if its the version Axl wanted to have out in the first place with correct cover, booklet, lyrics, credits etc. then there aint high chances for additional tracks like new songs, demos, live. because otherwise we would have them on the 1st issue allready, right? all speculation but it could very well be that he'll say "THIS is the album how it should have been out, this is what i want(ed) you to see and hear!"

well, even if so....first day buyer here  peace

Unfortunately if this is the case (this is the one I wanted you to see and hear) then its going to feel like the early buyers were passed off with a sub standard version. Which is why I don't think you'll hear Axl say this, especially if Best Buy have a million or so copies of the 'old' version sitting in storage. That depreciates they're stock straight away which can't be great for business.

The other problem I can see is that is if it is re-released with a couple of new tracks - didn't VR do this - it seems again like the original buyers have to dig deep simply and buy a new album just for a couple of new tracks. Which is why I'd prefer them to release any new material as a completely new product - maybe a new EP or something.

Here today...ready to rock
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2010, 06:42:07 AM »

doesnt fernando post on this board all the time?

cant he just tell us what it is?
Lou
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2010, 07:10:04 AM »

If it's got something different to the original release on it (bonus tracks... some live ones would be superb!  drool) then I'll definitely be buying it. If it's the same CD then it's still good news - Like others here have mentioned, with the tour in full force more and more people are getting interested in the band.

My Last.fm profile - in case you ever wanna know what I'm listening to...
My Webzine/Blog Thingy
DemocracyRose
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2010, 07:17:55 AM »

If it's got something different to the original release on it (bonus tracks... some live ones would be superb!  drool) then I'll definitely be buying it. If it's the same CD then it's still good news - Like others here have mentioned, with the tour in full force more and more people are getting interested in the band.

But i cant see the point in re-release it. Anyone?
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2010, 08:00:58 AM »

I didn't read the whole topic but who says it's a re-release anyway? Maybe it's just the same thing but with a 'new' release date now that the best buy deal (probably) ended..

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2010, 08:47:16 AM »

I didn't read the whole topic but who says it's a re-release anyway? Maybe it's just the same thing but with a 'new' release date now that the best buy deal (probably) ended..

Best Buy is also releasing it in March...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2010, 08:54:10 AM »

A re-release with a new cover/booklet with a music video or something makes sense to me. They are out there now touring, the momentum is there.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2010, 09:32:16 AM »

Re-releasing cd's is common right ? Didn't Rihanna re-release her album a few years ago with about 2 or 3 new songs added ?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2010, 10:49:31 AM »

A re-release with a new cover/booklet with a music video or something makes sense to me. They are out there now touring, the momentum is there.

it does to me even without a music video.
providing  the details are right, it's possible that the re release has extras. cds can have a dl link while vinyls can't, i believe.
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2010, 11:15:55 AM »

if its the version Axl wanted to have out in the first place with correct cover, booklet, lyrics, credits etc. then there aint high chances for additional tracks like new songs, demos, live. because otherwise we would have them on the 1st issue allready, right? all speculation but it could very well be that he'll say "THIS is the album how it should have been out, this is what i want(ed) you to see and hear!"

well, even if so....first day buyer here  peace

Unfortunately if this is the case (this is the one I wanted you to see and hear) then its going to feel like the early buyers were passed off with a sub standard version. Which is why I don't think you'll hear Axl say this, especially if Best Buy have a million or so copies of the 'old' version sitting in storage. That depreciates they're stock straight away which can't be great for business.

The other problem I can see is that is if it is re-released with a couple of new tracks - didn't VR do this - it seems again like the original buyers have to dig deep simply and buy a new album just for a couple of new tracks. Which is why I'd prefer them to release any new material as a completely new product - maybe a new EP or something.

Who "dig deep" to buy an album?   Lips Sealed

I would love if it is a re-release with some additional tracks (live versions, re-recorded AFD-tracks or new...)

I would buy it without thinking twice!   beer

Stavanger-rock-city!!
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2010, 11:26:32 AM »

I think it'd be a good idea to release a version with a new song (or a few ok). That way, with a wider release, and the good press the band has been getting, i believe a lot of people would give the album a fair chance now. And fans like me would be more than happy to buy another copy to hear the new music (yeah, we could just download it, and for any other band i probably would. But i would definitely buy a new copy to support the band).  Should be interesting to see what this "re-release" actually is.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2010, 12:01:35 PM »

I would buy a re-release of the album especially now that my copy is scratched up. I need to take better care of CDs in the car.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2010, 12:18:19 PM »

doesnt fernando post on this board all the time?

cant he just tell us what it is?

/\/\/\/\ This.

Can't someone in the know help us out?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2010, 12:36:03 PM »

I would buy a re-release of the album especially now that my copy is scratched up. I need to take better care of CDs in the car.

im so buying it whatever as well cos i wanted to buy us copies. might help the us sales a bit(well not much) and it's cheaper!

if there will be extras, i vote for remixes than for new songs.
cos the cd1 songs shine live and should be heard. id rather the upcoming shows will have enough room for them as the recent shows.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2010, 02:43:58 PM »

http://www.imusic.dk/cd/0602527347141/guns-n-roses-2010-chinese-democracy-cd

It says 23 feb. Im sure its nothing.... Roll Eyes
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2010, 02:57:19 PM »

A source at Universal says:

Yes, we are releasing it to all customers and it will be managed by our catalog group instead of IGA. The exclusivity of the Best Buy deal is done. Nothing new is on the record, the UPC is just different because the other piece was exclusive.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2010, 03:05:15 PM »

Yes, we are releasing it to all customers and it will be managed by our catalog group instead of IGA. The exclusivity of the Best Buy deal is done. Nothing new is on the record, the UPC is just different because the other piece was exclusive.

UPC Huh

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2010, 03:08:56 PM »

UPC Universal product code Huh

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2010, 03:09:24 PM »

I see.  I guess that makes sense.  But still is there new artwork, cover, etc.?  Why would Best Buy get more copies of the re-issue if there's nothing different?  I'm quite sure they haven't sold out of the initial shipment just yet.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2010, 03:19:44 PM »

On Universal's database, it lists a digital re-release of 'Chinese Democracy' for Feb 23 2010, UPC (Universal Product Code) 602527347141.

It further lists a CD re-release for Mar 3rd 2010, UPC 602527347141, and a Double Vinyl re-release for the same date, UPC 602527347158.

The sale sheet has the same tracklist and cover as the original release.

I do not think there will be anything new attached to this re-release.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 03:34:18 PM by Mysteron » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: