Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:55:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOUR] Chinese Democracy to be re-released on March 3rd?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOUR] Chinese Democracy to be re-released on March 3rd?  (Read 33827 times)
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2010, 03:33:11 PM »

If it was new material I would buy this in a heart beat.  However, I still have a bag of these CDs in my closet from the day that Chinese Democracy was released

svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2010, 03:35:45 PM »

They should do the new cover though. I for instance would definitely buy 2 more cd's just to have all 3 covers Smiley

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2010, 03:41:05 PM »

To say its being re-released is wrong. It would have to be out of stock first and it isn't. At best its being relaunched, at worst its being returned to different suppliers and left at that.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2010, 03:51:23 PM »

There is no new album cover on the promotional sales sheet for the re-release. The undernoted italicized text is written to promote CD. It prints the bicycle cover, and an unchanged tracklist. At the bottom left it says "LP config; 180 Gram, Gatefold Jacket". At the bottom right it lists the barcode and another code for both the double vinyl and the CD. LP barcode is 6-02527-34715. CD barcode is 6-02527-34614. The other code states double vinyl 2-LP-B0014122-01 and for the compact disc CD-C0014122-02.

One of the most highly anticipated albums in rock history, 2008?s CHINESE DEMOCRACY, was the first album of new material from Guns N? Roses since 1991?s simultaneous release of Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II. With a frenzied energy, Guns N? Roses arrived on the music scene in the mid-?80s and rock was never the same.

Produced by Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo, CHINESE DEMOCRACY includes 14 tracks. Featuring the title track and first single from the album, ?Chinese Democracy?, as well as ?Shackler's Revenge? which made its debut in the ?Rock Band 2? videogame and ?If The World? which was featured in the film Body Of Lies.

Nineteen years ago, the two previous original albums from one of rock?s most intense and compelling bands, Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II, were issued simultaneously, a first for any contemporary artist. Debuting #2 and #1, respectively, they featured three gold hits with ?November Rain? (#3), ?Don?t Cry? (#10) and the previously released Top 30 ?You Could Be Mine? from the film Terminator II: Judgement Day, plus another Top 40 with ?Live And Let Die.? Each album went seven times platinum.

The band?s 1987 full-length debut Appetite For Destruction has sold more than 28 million copies worldwide (18 times platinum in the U.S.) and is among the biggest-selling albums in history. The #1 album notched three Top 10 hits ? the gold anthem ?Welcome To The Jungle? and #1 ?Sweet Child O? Mine? plus ?Paradise City.? 1988?s #2, five times platinum G N? R Lies yielded the gold Top 5 ?Patience.? After the Use Your Illusion duo, 1994?s ?The Spaghetti Incident?? cover album reached #4 and platinum.

In 1999, a live album earned gold and in 2004 the band?s only Greatest Hits collection peaked at #3 and earned quadruple platinum. Overall, Guns N? Roses has sold more than 90 million records worldwide.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2010, 04:06:32 PM »

So is the vinyl reissue going to have that distortion problem sorted out? That's the only thing that interests me...

It is a re-release, nothing more.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2010, 04:13:05 PM »

There is no new album cover on the promotional sales sheet for the re-release. The undernoted italicized text is written to promote CD. It prints the bicycle cover, and an unchanged tracklist. At the bottom left it says "LP config; 180 Gram, Gatefold Jacket". At the bottom right it lists the barcode and another code for both the double vinyl and the CD. LP barcode is 6-02527-34715. CD barcode is 6-02527-34614. The other code states double vinyl 2-LP-B0014122-01 and for the compact disc CD-C0014122-02.

One of the most highly anticipated albums in rock history, 2008?s CHINESE DEMOCRACY, was the first album of new material from Guns N? Roses since 1991?s simultaneous release of Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II. With a frenzied energy, Guns N? Roses arrived on the music scene in the mid-?80s and rock was never the same.

Produced by Axl Rose and Caram Costanzo, CHINESE DEMOCRACY includes 14 tracks. Featuring the title track and first single from the album, ?Chinese Democracy?, as well as ?Shackler's Revenge? which made its debut in the ?Rock Band 2? videogame and ?If The World? which was featured in the film Body Of Lies.

Nineteen years ago, the two previous original albums from one of rock?s most intense and compelling bands, Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II, were issued simultaneously, a first for any contemporary artist. Debuting #2 and #1, respectively, they featured three gold hits with ?November Rain? (#3), ?Don?t Cry? (#10) and the previously released Top 30 ?You Could Be Mine? from the film Terminator II: Judgement Day, plus another Top 40 with ?Live And Let Die.? Each album went seven times platinum.

The band?s 1987 full-length debut Appetite For Destruction has sold more than 28 million copies worldwide (18 times platinum in the U.S.) and is among the biggest-selling albums in history. The #1 album notched three Top 10 hits ? the gold anthem ?Welcome To The Jungle? and #1 ?Sweet Child O? Mine? plus ?Paradise City.? 1988?s #2, five times platinum G N? R Lies yielded the gold Top 5 ?Patience.? After the Use Your Illusion duo, 1994?s ?The Spaghetti Incident?? cover album reached #4 and platinum.

In 1999, a live album earned gold and in 2004 the band?s only Greatest Hits collection peaked at #3 and earned quadruple platinum. Overall, Guns N? Roses has sold more than 90 million records worldwide.

90 Million, that is impressive.     
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:30:00 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »

Well now we know, I guess.  Too bad Best Buy never got that video they were supposedly "promised" during their exclusive period.  I think promotion for the album is pretty much at a standstill at this point, aside from the touring of course.  So while it would be nice to see some videos and more singles released, you certainly can't complain about the current state of GNR.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2010, 05:52:52 PM »

Real shame there's no approved artwork coming....

Got my hopes up and pre-ordered....and just cancelled!

Dexter will we ever see Chinese the way it should be seen?? Huh

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2010, 06:52:36 PM »

Duh.. I'm actually glad they used the bike-cover. That's what they showed in China back in 2002 right? That's what we were all waiting for. It's called nostalgia Wink
I would've loved to see some different covers too, just to have them. But "the way it should be seen" is a bit too much lol Wink

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2010, 08:46:21 PM »

Duh.. I'm actually glad they used the bike-cover. That's what they showed in China back in 2002 right? That's what we were all waiting for. It's called nostalgia Wink
I would've loved to see some different covers too, just to have them. But "the way it should be seen" is a bit too much lol Wink

Yes, this is how I feel as well. I have always liked the bike cover, since this is how the album cover was described in 2002 by Axl. I also feel this is a good thing even if it is just a re release as at least it will create some promotion. As GN'R are touring at the moment it makes sense to re release it as people going to the shows might be more encouraged to purchase a copy if they haven't already done so.

Lee
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2010, 08:50:32 PM »

The way CD was released is the way we have it and the way we know it, whether we love it or hate it. It's a little past the stage of changing or correcting now we all have our minds made up.

I absolutely love it by the way.

And there goes the challenger...
Lou
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2010, 07:51:26 AM »

It's a shame its nothing new... but hey Tongue

And... I still need the vinyl version. Yes, "need" not "want"  hihi

My Last.fm profile - in case you ever wanna know what I'm listening to...
My Webzine/Blog Thingy
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2010, 09:14:55 AM »

So is the vinyl reissue going to have that distortion problem sorted out? That's the only thing that interests me...

The only way for that to be done is put the album on 3 LPs.  Or it could be possible to re-order the tracklist, but I don't think there are enough "simple" or unlayered songs for that to work.  Maybe put TIL, If The World, at the end of the LP instead of Catcher and IRS.  Prositute is ok since it is not that far into the last disc.  SOD would probably be a the fourth song to choose but that had issues with IGD too.  Sorry could work but that gets very busy at the end.

Or the expensive solution.  Look at upgrading your turntable and cartridge.   I have no distortion issues with CD(anymore).

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2010, 10:16:02 AM »

The only way for that to be done is put the album on 3 LPs.  Or it could be possible to re-order the tracklist, but I don't think there are enough "simple" or unlayered songs for that to work.  Maybe put TIL, If The World, at the end of the LP instead of Catcher and IRS.  Prositute is ok since it is not that far into the last disc.  SOD would probably be a the fourth song to choose but that had issues with IGD too.  Sorry could work but that gets very busy at the end.

Or the expensive solution.  Look at upgrading your turntable and cartridge.   I have no distortion issues with CD(anymore).

I have an ok turntable but I need to look into the better cartridge idea. I've heard more than a few people say that it helps.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2010, 10:38:10 AM »

It'd be more logical if Universal fixed the release instead of making the fans upgrade their stereos...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2010, 10:40:27 AM »

I have an ok turntable but I need to look into the better cartridge idea. I've heard more than a few people say that it helps.

Well drop me a line should you decide to upgrade and I can give you a few recommendations.  It is also important to match the cartridge to the mass of your tonearm as well.  Vinyl and system tweaking is kind of my obession.   I've got the whole thing down pat.  I almost gave up on vinyl because of CD, glad I didn't.  I haven't listened to music so much since I've been 14.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2010, 10:48:26 AM »

It'd be more logical if Universal fixed the release instead of making the fans upgrade their stereos...

/jarmo

But that isn't going to happen anytime soon. Universal seems to not care about this record for whatever reason and that sucks for the fans.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2010, 10:51:23 AM »

It is a re-release, nothing more.

then again, what about the Ogv thing?
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2010, 10:52:10 AM »

/jarmo

Universal and logic in the same sentence when it comes to Guns?  They did screw the pooch on the vinyl, should have been 3 LPs.

In terms of the upgrades. CD is not the only album to suffer the ill effects of inner groove distortion (although it is the worst I have heard), it is drawback of the vinyl medium.  Moreso for newer releases since tracklistings usually are not picked based on where they will end up on the LP.  So the upgrade would not only solve CD but any other LP that has "busy" songs  on the inner grooves.  

There are these test records people buy to align their cartridges, I think they should just buy a best buy CD vinyl, if you can get that thing to play perfectly, you're set.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2010, 12:27:43 PM »

/jarmo

Universal and logic in the same sentence when it comes to Guns?  They did screw the pooch on the vinyl, should have been 3 LPs.

In terms of the upgrades. CD is not the only album to suffer the ill effects of inner groove distortion (although it is the worst I have heard), it is drawback of the vinyl medium.  Moreso for newer releases since tracklistings usually are not picked based on where they will end up on the LP.  So the upgrade would not only solve CD but any other LP that has "busy" songs  on the inner grooves.  

There are these test records people buy to align their cartridges, I think they should just buy a best buy CD vinyl, if you can get that thing to play perfectly, you're set.

I will hit you up soon and get some into on the stylus issue. Just curious, what am I gonna be paying for a good one?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: