Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:27:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Mr. Brownstone intro
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mr. Brownstone intro  (Read 1907 times)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« on: May 23, 2006, 05:10:50 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but I didn't know that the intro to Mr. B is originally made by The Clash. Or that's what I'm seriously thinkin' Tongue
Just listen to the live version of The Guns Of Brixton (from the album From Here To Eternity). That version is from 1981. I won't upload a .mp3 'cause it's not possible right now and it's official material too.. But anyway, has this thing ever been mentioned in an interview or something?

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I haven't ever noticed this. Or heard about it.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 05:25:23 PM »

I actually like that song a lot, but I never noticed the similarity to Mr. B.  I'll have to listen to it again tonight.

I always thought the drum beat in "Time Gone By" from Izzy's first solo album was exactly the same as the Mr. B intro.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 05:35:49 PM »

But the intro is only on the live version, remember that people ok

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 05:21:50 PM »

I actually like that song a lot, but I never noticed the similarity to Mr. B.? I'll have to listen to it again tonight.

I always thought the drum beat in "Time Gone By" from Izzy's first solo album was exactly the same as the Mr. B intro.

That drumbeat is pretty much the same and The Stones uses that drumbeat aswell on a few songs. Where did they both get it from? Bo Diddley... almost all his songs have that drumbeat, he came up with it, he's known for it. Izzy even said he learned alot from Diddley, not guitar but beatwise.
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 01:32:59 PM »

I actually like that song a lot, but I never noticed the similarity to Mr. B.  I'll have to listen to it again tonight.

That drumbeat is pretty much the same and The Stones uses that drumbeat aswell on a few songs. Where did they both get it from? Bo Diddley... almost all his songs have that drumbeat, he came up with it, he's known for it. Izzy even said he learned alot from Diddley, not guitar but beatwise.

Yea a couple stones songs ive heard use it. IMO the appetite version is the best out of the ones ive heard, ill have to get the clash now though. Have you guys heard Brain's version of the brownstone riff these days? He does this other thing with it that i really dont like, then again i hate axls new band. Your thoughts anyone?
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 01:36:35 PM »

Haven't heard that version cause I'm not into the new Guns either Tongue
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: