Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:53:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  "The Waiting is the Hardest Part..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Waiting is the Hardest Part..."  (Read 8223 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« on: January 25, 2007, 02:07:41 PM »

The Waiting is the Hardest Part: The Most-Anticpated Albums (and One DVD) of 2007
By AMG Staff

Guns N' Roses -- Chinese Democracy
"This is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6." That's what Axl Rose said just last December in "letter to the fans" on Guns N' Roses' homepage. GNR's troubled Chinese Democracy has seemed as impossible as the Beach Boys' SMiLE or the next My Bloody Valentine album for about a decade now, but it's really, really supposed to happen this March, and love 'em or hate 'em, you've got to admit you're at least a little curious. A Nine Inch Nails-influenced full-length that found Axl indulging a serious industrial jones was scrapped. Then the oddball supergroup came along and GNR Mach 2 morphed into an excessive hodgepodge that looked nothing like that band Slash and Duff were in. There was a former Replacement (Tommy Stinson), a Primus drummer (Bryan "Brain" Mantia), and for a brief, magical moment, the eccentric guitarist Buckethead. A less interesting eccentric named Bumblefoot recently replaced the KFC-loving virtuoso, and Chinese Democracy is consequently a little less enticing. Still, it's a fascinating band, filled with strong, divergent personalities backing a loose cannon of the highest order. Canceled shows and missed release dates have tried fans' patience, but more than anything, Rose ran away with the GNR name and turned the sleazy Sunset Strip crew into something Bill Laswell could have dreamed up. It doesn't get much riskier than this. http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses

Stephen Thomas Erlewine:

Guns N' Roses -- Chinese Democracy
Like anybody who has listened to rock music in the last 15 years, of course I'm curious about what the hell Chinese Democracy actually is -- and my curiosity is naturally tempered by skepticism, whether it's doubts about what the music will sound like or whether it really exists or not. But even if it's horrible, it will no doubt be fascinating -- as it damn well should be after a 15-year wait.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=61::71XP

Of all of the albums listed, CD is the only one that had two different people talk about it... that's not so bad.  I don't agree with everything the first guys says but at least people are REALLY gearing up for a release this year.  He did say one thing though, "and love 'em or hate 'em, you've got to admit you're at least a little curious." 

There are a couple of albums coming out this year that I didn't know about until I read this article and I think this year should be a damn good one for music releases.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 03:50:28 PM »

cool  ok thanks for posting...this article wasn't too bad...like you said, at least people are starting to realise a release is around the corner.
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 03:54:25 PM »

cool? ok thanks for posting...this article wasn't too bad...like you said, at least people are starting to realise a release is around the corner.

It is hard to belive after so many years of waiting and getting nothing. But the real fans knows some of the reasons behind this huge delay, and that's why I still supporting the band 100%. We're gonna get a damn good album.

peace

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 04:15:56 PM »

"and for a brief, magical moment, the eccentric guitarist Buckethead. A less interesting eccentric named Bumblefoot recently replaced the KFC-loving virtuoso, and Chinese Democracy is consequently a little less enticing."

If anyones wondering .. no I DID NOT write that article. LOL.

But I do agree. Bucket + GNR was magic.

KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 04:25:33 PM »

Whats with the 'and one DVD' or have I missed something? - "The Waiting is the Hardest Part: The Most-Anticpated Albums (and One DVD) of 2007"
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 04:30:22 PM »

Whats with the 'and one DVD' or have I missed something? - "The Waiting is the Hardest Part: The Most-Anticpated Albums (and One DVD) of 2007"

Just the title of the article because it wasn't just about GNR-
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 05:25:44 PM »

What is the one DVD? Is it NIN's Beside You in Time? It ought to be.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 05:51:20 PM »

"Still, it's a fascinating band, filled with strong, divergent personalities backing a loose cannon of the highest order."

Love that sentence.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 06:34:10 PM »

Chinese Democracy is also mentioned in the Dr.Dre section:

With almost as much hype surrounding it as a certain Guns N' Roses album, there have been rumors about the release of Detox since the beginning of the millennium. 2007 could be the magic number, though. In December of last year, a clip with Dre and prot?g? Bishop Knight appeared on the Internet, assuring a September 2007 release. OK, so the chances of it coming out then are probably as good as Axl Rose showing up with Kurt Cobain to promote the new GNR record, but hell, what's wrong with a little na?ve faith once in a while? (Answer: Chinese Democracy.)

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 07:29:10 PM »

"and for a brief, magical moment, the eccentric guitarist Buckethead. A less interesting eccentric named Bumblefoot recently replaced the KFC-loving virtuoso, and Chinese Democracy is consequently a little less enticing."

I completely agree !! Bring back Buckethead !!!!   peace

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 07:44:10 PM »

What is the one DVD? Is it NIN's Beside You in Time? It ought to be.

WKRP in Cincinnati: Season One
I was right in the middle of marking off my cubicle with masking tape ? la Les Nessman when I ran across this incredible news. Who cares about music when something as amazing as the release of a WKRP in Cincinnati DVD is on the horizon? That's right, babies. Long thought to be shelved forever due to legal and financial issues surrounding the use of the original songs, the first season of WKRP in Cincinnati is finally going to be in stores on April 3. Unlike the hack job Nick at Night perpetrated when they ran the series back in the late '90s (they used generic "rock" songs as replacements and even changed some dialogue using soundalike actors), the producers of the DVD used what original tunes they could and replaced the others with time-specific tracks that work. Add to that the inspired patter and attitude of early Dr. Johnny Fever, the perfect idiocy of the big guy Arthur Carlson, and the unheralded foxiness of Bailey Quarters, and you have one of the finest half-hours of the 1970s. Just in case you were wondering what ever became of me on April 3, I'll be parked on my couch watching WKRP. In the immoral words of the good Dr. Fever, "Booger!"

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Illusions Used
Opening Act

One In A Million

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 04:27:45 AM »

I already have one of MY most anticipated albums of 2007.  Oh, and it WILL be released March 6th as well.  No, I'm not talking about CD.  Just a remark of the feasibility of CD actually being released March 6th.  I'm putting my money on late March.

Well some say I'm lazy
And others say that's just me
Some say I'm crazy
I guess I'll always be

12.2.06 Target Center
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 05:08:48 AM »

Thankz for Info...

hbk *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 05:43:14 AM »

i loved Bucket.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 06:29:17 AM »

It is a little less exciting without Buckethead, but I'm still friggin amped for this thing. I guess it depends on what BBF contributed to CD. If Bucket is still the main second guitarist on the album its going to be killer for us Buckethead fans and perhaps, get a little more interest from the public ok

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 10:41:36 PM »

"Not a promise, lie,or guarantee."

Pure genius. In English  it means:

We may or may not put out  an album on March 6.
if we do, great.
if not, it is not  our fault and we did not lie to you.
So don't hold us to anything.
Our word  may or may not have any meaning.
But we give you our word.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 11:40:10 PM »

cool? ok thanks for posting...this article wasn't too bad...like you said, at least people are starting to realise a release is around the corner.

It is hard to belive after so many years of waiting and getting nothing. But the real fans knows some of the reasons behind this huge delay, and that's why I still supporting the band 100%. We're gonna get a damn good album.

peace

you could say that again man. beer almost hard to believe that after waiting so long, we are so close............take a minute and think about that.............its wierd ya know?

and yeah i liked Bucket Head too still do i liked his style it was just do different and wierd that it worked and it was G'n'R for the time being.
But now we got three other guitarist that are just as good if not better than Bucket head. yes

Heres lookin forward to '07 beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Chris Axl
All that I wanted was...
Rocker

Axl Got My Sunglasses

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 04:38:30 PM »

damn im in love with Guns N' Roses

If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration
Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps and w
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 05:43:21 PM »

damn im in love with Guns N' Roses

Yeah,I feel the same way  love

smoking

shit happens when you party naked
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 07:04:18 PM »

i agree too
BH musically was a the high point

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: