Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:35:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Spotlight skips cases of missing minorities
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spotlight skips cases of missing minorities  (Read 6652 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 10:54:25 AM »

the little girl that got murdered in FLA by the sex offender certainly was NOT rich.

also, there's a common theme in all these cases that you are missing.....all of these cases are unsolved mysteries. THAT is the primary reason why they are reported on so much. people are drawn to real life murder mysteries.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
MCT
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2005, 02:07:02 PM »

It seems like only white women get kidnapped, or go missing. Why doesn't the news report any missing men, or black women? Why just white women?

What do you think is going on?

http://www.tidespoint.com/books/white_mans_cotton.shtml
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2005, 03:46:23 PM »

the little girl that got murdered in FLA by the sex offender certainly was NOT rich.

also, there's a common theme in all these cases that you are missing.....all of these cases are unsolved mysteries. THAT is the primary reason why they are reported on so much. people are drawn to real life murder mysteries.

She was still white, young and pretty though.

White boy missing in Utah was found today.......Guess what is all over CNN today???

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050621/ap_on_re_us/missing_scout

I said either or both, not necessarily all of the above. Besides, how many black, latin, asian kids do you see pulling in the headlines?

A: Not many.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 04:39:33 PM by SLC » Logged
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2005, 04:05:54 PM »

Do you know what I've noticed?
When a black guy gets his head kicked in by 1 or a group of white men its all over the news and its a racist attack, but when a blsack guy or group of black men kick a white guys head in it never gets called racist and isnt on the news that much.

That's a hatrick for Doull
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2005, 04:06:04 PM »

does anyone have any stats on people who go missing each year broken down into race? would be interesting to see the comparison

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2005, 04:40:46 PM »

When a black guy gets his head kicked in by 1 or a group of white men its all over the news and its a racist attack, but when a blsack guy or group of black men kick a white guys head in it never gets called racist and isnt on the news that much.

True dhat.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2005, 06:10:28 PM »

That says something about the news, or more specifically who controls it. (hint: It's not crackers)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2005, 01:02:21 AM »

That says something about the news, or more specifically who controls it. (hint: It's not crackers)

haha, Please elaborate..........Black (liberals) control the medai?

Who?

That is why the only focus on whites getting kidnapped?

Tool time!!!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2005, 09:23:16 AM »

It seems like only white women get kidnapped, or go missing. Why doesn't the news report any missing men, or black women? Why just white women?

What do you think is going on?

front page news on cnn.com today. three young boys are missing and have not been found.

they are all minorities, living in a poor area, in the most dangerous city in the US.

CAMDEN, New Jersey (AP) -- As word of three missing boys spread, residents of the nation's most dangerous city could not stay away.

Dozens of people gathered on street corners Thursday night after more than a day of fruitless searching for Jesstin Pagano, 5; Daniel Agosto, 6; and Anibal Cruz, 11.

"This is over 24 hours now. It's getting scary," said Mario Rivera, an uncle of Cruz. The children were last seen playing in a yard at 5 p.m. Wednesday.

The search resumed Friday morning.

Elba Cruz, Anibal's mother, said she was watching the boys play in the yard of her home Wednesday evening when she went inside for a few minutes. When she returned, the boys were gone.

A police dog tracked a scent taken from clothing belonging to one of the boys to an overgrown wooded area along the Delaware River, a half-dozen blocks from the Cruz home, Camden Police Lt. Mike Lynch said. The dog led police along a meandering path that eventually led to the river, but there was no sign of the children.

Lynch said late Thursday that officials considered the boys missing, but had not ruled out the possibility they had been abducted. During a news conference, he asked for residents to "be good eyes and ears."

"When you're talking about tender age children like that, it strikes a chord with anybody," he said.

Last fall, Camden was ranked the most dangerous city in the United States in a reference book that compares crime statistics.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/24/missing.children.ap/index.html

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2005, 07:17:53 PM »

Yeah, I noticed that article yesterday about the 3 missing minorities. I also noticed they didn't show photos of them. If it was 3 good looking middle class girls that were missing, the pictures would be plastered everywhere.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2005, 08:26:05 PM »

sadly, a tragic ending to this one. this is just horrible...

CAMDEN, New Jersey (AP) -- Three boys who had gone missing earlier in the week were found dead Friday in the trunk of a car parked near the yard where they were last seen, authorities said.

The bodies were discovered shortly before 7 p.m. by the father of one of the boys. It was not immediately clear how the boys got into the vehicle or whether foul play was involved.

A neighbor, Carmen Cilla, said she saw David Agosto open the trunk of the maroon Toyota and collapse to his knees screaming. Police rushed to the scene and immediately cordoned off the property with yellow crime scene tape, draping white sheets over the tape to shield the car from view.

Yolanda DeNeely Aguilard, an aide to Mayor Gwendolyn Faison, confirmed that the bodies had been found. She had no immediate information on how the boys died.

The boys -- Jesstin Pagan, 5; Daniel Agosto, 6; and Anibal Cruz, 11 -- had vanished from the yard next to Cruz's home on Wednesday evening. The car where they were found was parked in a driveway next to the yard. It was not immediately clear if the car had been searched previously.

The boys had been the subject of a massive search since their disappearance. About 150 police, firefighters and other officials had searched Friday using boats, helicopters, all-terrain vehicles and tracking dogs.

Neighbors in this desperately poor, crime-ridden city of about 80,000 people across the Delaware River from Philadelphia had passed out fliers to passing motorists with the boys' photos and descriptions.

And earlier Friday, the parents of the children pleaded for help during a tearful televised news conference.

"All you guys, we love you. We want you back. We're not mad at you. Please come back. Please bring my baby back," said Jesstin's mother, Jessica Pagan. "If you have him, please let him go, please."

Anibal Cruz and Daniel Agosto both lived in Camden's largely Puerto Rican Cramer Hill neighborhood. Pagan lived several miles away in Mount Ephraim. Pagan and his mother had been visiting Cruz's home.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2005, 08:48:13 PM »

Truly sad, indeed. My heart goes out to the victims families. May the Lord be with you.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: