Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:20:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Rap music faces alarming sales decline
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rap music faces alarming sales decline  (Read 10483 times)
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2007, 03:11:37 PM »

Finally the Rap cycle is over. This doesn't mean that mainstream music will get better. Popular music will always be the worse.
Pop music is a lot better than last years, Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake lastest albums are very fun to listen, Timbaland is a good producer.
I can see rap getting poppier and "whiter" more and more, many people can't stand those agressive lyrics and visuals anymore.

Anyway, for me, the biggest genre this year will be Emo, unfortunately it's the new hype.

Leving the emo kids alone, I think 2007 will be a great year for music:

Chinese Democracy (hopefully)
NIN is more active than ever
Bjork's new album
RATM and Smashing Pumpkins reuniting.

Call me the alternative guy but these artits rule and will make this year one of the best years for music.

I'm also looking forward for the new Coheed and Cambria and Sebastian Bach.
i cant wait for bjork. one of my fav artists. and timbaland just happens to be on 4 tracks
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 03:14:19 PM by stinson4ever » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2007, 07:41:43 PM »

And by the way guys, for those of you who see rap dying out any time soon in terms of record sales; with Eminem, Dr. Dre and Kanye West's albums dropping this year i wouldn't get my hopes up. ok beer

well unless all these damn artists (minus eminem cause he actually is talented) piss off. rock aint gonna be coming back for a loooooong time.

id rather rock, than rap thanks, so i hope rap does die out, hopefully chav trends will piss off also.

html sucks
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2007, 09:35:22 PM »

if rap dies, emo will take over the mainstream. Its not going to go back to huge arena rock...at least not in the near future.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2007, 09:59:40 PM »

if rap dies, emo will take over the mainstream. Its not going to go back to huge arena rock...at least not in the near future.

i think emo will fade out with the decade....(i hope)

html sucks
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2007, 11:21:40 PM »

well unless all these damn artists (minus eminem cause he actually is talented) piss off. rock aint gonna be coming back for a loooooong time.

Somebody that hates all rap except for Eminem?  Interesting.. Roll Eyes

Please explain what makes Eminem different.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2007, 11:36:08 PM »

This is the best fukin news iv ever heard! The world is seeing the light! This 'music' if u can call it that, has been plaguing our ears for to fukin long.

How can you make this reply immediately after Booker's post?  It blows my mind.  I know you just popped in to chime in "it's not rap music, it's crap music", but fuck, at least try reading some of the other posts.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2007, 06:17:03 AM »

Somebody that hates all rap except for Eminem?  Interesting.. Roll Eyes

Please explain what makes Eminem different.

because his techniques arnt annoying, not every song he does has some random man going "yeah, oh oh oh, woo, word nigger" plus i like how he tries to be a bit more diverse. manson in a video of his song, defending him, had him onstage live, sampled aerosmith into one of his songs etc.

html sucks
deadflowerII
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2007, 06:37:57 AM »

what does 'emo' stand for? Huh
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2007, 07:08:43 AM »

what does 'emo' stand for? Huh

shit music. Dont give it a try, honestly it is the worst form of music to come out this decade.

html sucks
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2007, 07:20:18 AM »

because his techniques arnt annoying, not every song he does has some random man going "yeah, oh oh oh, woo, word nigger"

This is amazing! Not long ago were you making similar generalizations about death metal, and when I corrected you, you totally ignored my reply (gee, I wonder why?). And now you're giving rap music the same treatment no I'd suggest taking a little break...

sampled aerosmith into one of his songs etc.

rofl Now that's something quite unique indeed!

Look, I know you're just a kid, and maybe I should just try to ignore you, but it hurts my eyes to read that stuff you know... It hurts!!

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2007, 07:34:25 AM »

because his techniques arnt annoying, not every song he does has some random man going "yeah, oh oh oh, woo, word nigger"

This is amazing! Not long ago were you making similar generalizations about death metal, and when I corrected you, you totally ignored my reply (gee, I wonder why?). And now you're giving rap music the same treatment no I'd suggest taking a little break...

sampled aerosmith into one of his songs etc.

rofl Now that's something quite unique indeed!

Look, I know you're just a kid, and maybe I should just try to ignore you, but it hurts my eyes to read that stuff you know... It hurts!!

i didnt reply to your post because

1. def leppard thread
2. the arguement would be ongoing
3. i found some interesting def leppard videos i wished to share

Death metal sucks.
And so does most forms of rap, like i said earlier, i have a problem with general mainstream rap, i also cited rage against the machine as a band i do enjoy alot who have rapping.

html sucks
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2007, 07:52:54 AM »

When has rock ever gone away?  You seem to like a load of bands that would classify themselves as rock.
Adding to the fact that Eminem really isn't all that great compared to someone like MF Doom.
But you wouldn't want to know about him because all commercially appreciable rap is terrible.
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2007, 12:00:15 PM »

i think emo will fade out with the decade....(i hope)
yeah, there is already a lot og backlash against it.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2007, 12:15:07 PM »

because his techniques arnt annoying, not every song he does has some random man going "yeah, oh oh oh, woo, word nigger" plus i like how he tries to be a bit more diverse. manson in a video of his song, defending him, had him onstage live, sampled aerosmith into one of his songs etc.

So youre saying that every other rapper has a random man going "yeah, oh oh oh..."? 

Heres Eminems latest video.

Sounds like theres plenty of "yeah"-style ad-libs, even during his verse.  The word "nigga" (not "nigger"; I dont know if youre trying to be cute or really that clueless) is there, too.

No other rapper trys to be diverse?  No other rappers sample rock music? 

Like plenty of others here, youre willfully ignorant when it comes to this subject yet insist on spouting one asinine generalization after another.   Your exception for Eminem leads me to believe youve been influenced by the same mainstream pop-culture you seem to hate.  Or maybe theres another reason you find Eminem so palatable?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2007, 05:47:58 AM »

So youre saying that every other rapper has a random man going "yeah, oh oh oh..."? 

Sounds like theres plenty of "yeah"-style ad-libs, even during his verse.  The word "nigga" (not "nigger"; I dont know if youre trying to be cute or really that clueless) is there, too.

Like plenty of others here, youre willfully ignorant when it comes to this subject yet insist on spouting one asinine generalization after another.   Your exception for Eminem leads me to believe youve been influenced by the same mainstream pop-culture you seem to hate.  Or maybe theres another reason you find Eminem so palatable?

i dont actually listen to eminem, hes just tolerable compared to the rest of the shit.
And of all the songs ive heard by him on TV and radio, his lyrics seem a bit more thought out then the usual, i havent seen his latest video, the last video i saw was the one he did for his greatest hits release, which i thought was quite a serious video....so.

its spelt nigger, "nigga" is just some dickhead chav from london being unable to pronounce it correctly, hence every other chav copying and saying it, as they do...so im guessing they got it from whatever gangster cunt from america did.

I hate rap, unless it is with talent behind it like RATM, its as simple as that, and im sure im not alone with my disliking of the bland and fading genre.

html sucks
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2007, 08:50:20 AM »

i dont actually listen to eminem, hes just tolerable compared to the rest of the shit.
And of all the songs ive heard by him on TV and radio, his lyrics seem a bit more thought out then the usual, i havent seen his latest video, the last video i saw was the one he did for his greatest hits release, which i thought was quite a serious video....so.

its spelt nigger, "nigga" is just some dickhead chav from london being unable to pronounce it correctly, hence every other chav copying and saying it, as they do...so im guessing they got it from whatever gangster cunt from america did.

I hate rap, unless it is with talent behind it like RATM, its as simple as that, and im sure im not alone with my disliking of the bland and fading genre.

Just another posting illustrating how little you know what youre talking about.  Hopefully you grow out this simple-minded thinking process.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2007, 10:48:48 AM »

He's sixteen and angry.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2007, 02:21:33 PM »

I will die a happy man if rap and emo fade away and die  yes

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: