Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 06:15:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227953 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  xfm.co.uk rumor about CD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: xfm.co.uk rumor about CD  (Read 1867 times)
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« on: May 24, 2005, 11:26:24 PM »

http://xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=86516

Full text of article:

Guns ?N? Roses Album Update #1, 367

An unnamed source at Guns ?N? Roses? record label Universal has confirmed that the band?s long-awaited new album ?Chinese Democracy? will be out by Christmas. (Yes, Christmas 2005?)

According to an employee at Universal Music Group, the new Guns ?N? Roses album ?Chinese Democracy? will be released before the end of the year.

The source is quoted as saying, "The release of 'Chinese Democracy' is being organised now but it is being dealt with by the top people," although he did admit that due to this he "Will not be able to get specific information on anything in the coming months."

When asked whether the album would see the light of day in 2005, he replied "'Chinese Democracy' will be out by Christmas. I am quite certain of that."

Whether the album is finished or this date is based on a proposed completion, it?s unknown the exact state of the album at the time of reporting. However, looking at Axl's previous record, the band?s labels Interscope and Sanctuary would be unlikely to begin a promotional schedule without being able to see the light at the end of the (extremely long) tunnel.

This news comes in the wake of a new song ?IRS? spreading across numerous Guns N' Roses fansites and messageboards. The song includes the chorus ?Gonna call the President, Gonna call myself a Private eye, Gonna need the IRS, Gonna get the FBI? and sounds not dissimilar to vintage GNR (albeit slightly less sleazy) despite the fact that singer Axl W. Rose is the only original member left in the band?s (ever changing) line-up.

Rose ? a near recluse - has been working on the new record for over seven years and the record has reportedly cost $13 million to make so far.

The album has been recorded by Rose and an undefined collection of musicians and producers, including Dizzy Reed (keyboards, programming), Robin Finck (lead guitar), Richard Fortus (rhythm guitar), Brian ?Brain? Mantia (drums), Chris Pitman (keyboardist, special effects) and recently departed lead guitarist Buckethead.

So what's been officially confirmed? Still nothing. But while we?re here, here?s a rumoured tracklist for the album:

'Chinese Democracy'
'This I Love'
'I.R.S.'
'Thyme'
'Substitute'
'The General'
'Seven'
'Madagascar'
'Ides Of March'
'Catcher In The Rye'
'Leave Me Alone'
'The Blues'
'Closing In On You'
'There Was A Time (TWAT)'

I've seen enough.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 12:00:56 AM »

Like I said that list is bullshit, not sure how many times I have to say this but that NOT the track list. I still seem to remember closing in on you was a fake track title that someone posted fake lyrics to.? Was closing in on you ever on any interview about songs that might appear? Also i am pretty sure its prostitute and not subsitite. Damn why does every tom dick and harry person just post rumors? and BS as being legit? Atleast check your damn sources. Prosititute is the song title that Buckmaster worked on where he said that is a song to watch out for since its like fire and ice or something like that. The subsitute thing was again bullshit rumor that was a title for a Tarrento movie.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 12:44:54 AM »

'Substitute' was the rumored song that was supost to be on the Kill Bill vol.1 soundtrack.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 04:15:44 AM »

That web site only posts news or rumours from other sites. It never publishes any exclusive news. Carrion.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 06:15:34 AM »

Already posted about 4236 times.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....