Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:25:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What if?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What if?  (Read 4177 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2006, 10:43:06 PM »

either way i'd pay whatever to see them live again

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2006, 12:34:03 AM »

It's all about what they choose to present, however, you're paying to see them in the year 2006..I hope Axl feels similarly
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 03:34:35 AM »

I'd pay good money to watch Axl Rose perform the full Milli Vanelli catalog... but that's just me... ok
Haha I think I feel the same way, being that I've never seen gnr live, at this point I would probably pay to see them just play Silkworms!

So of course I would see them do only songs from CD, I would enjoy it no matter what they played. Just being in their presence would be awesome.

I think I might prefer songs from CD actually if I saw them live. If I was watching the new band play old tunes think I'd feel like they were trying to immitate the old band and be something they weren't. I don't think I could get into it as much as the new stuff.  I could see the fist couple old songs being cool but it would definately wear off for me.
Gordi
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2006, 04:32:45 AM »

Maybe seeing them perform CD in it's entirety would be cool.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2006, 04:35:10 AM »

i would rather them not even play the old stuff... i'd pay to watch them play the blues 15 times and love every minute of it  hihi

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Burning rubber
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 09:54:33 AM »

Many confused minds out there, but here's the truth:

Axl quote: I have no intension to deny you something that you like!

That means a mix folks, and that's the way it should be!
UseYourIllusion999
Opening Act

...Use Your Illusion...

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2006, 11:11:38 AM »

Well, I attended the 2002 concert twice at Boston and then the next night at Hartford and I could just tell the majority of the people there weren't open minded enough to go see them for just the new songs...I get into several arguements with people who claim Axl is washed up, Guns are no more, etc. and I just battle back everytime...I guess if you really really love them you'll be willing to take what you can get (like us who sign up for message boards and actually answer this question haha), but unfortunately I'd be willing to bet the majority of the fanbase (or majority of the 16 million Appetite CD's sold) would pretty much attend the concert for the nostalgic sound of the past

What's it with you man, and this garden?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 03:40:54 PM »

Well, I attended the 2002 concert twice at Boston and then the next night at Hartford and I could just tell the majority of the people there weren't open minded enough to go see them for just the new songs...I get into several arguements with people who claim Axl is washed up, Guns are no more, etc. and I just battle back everytime...I guess if you really really love them you'll be willing to take what you can get (like us who sign up for message boards and actually answer this question haha), but unfortunately I'd be willing to bet the majority of the fanbase (or majority of the 16 million Appetite CD's sold) would pretty much attend the concert for the nostalgic sound of the past

I woulda seen them twice during 2002 but couldn't as the show I had tix to in Philly was cancelled and the second show was cancelled

20006, if they played the US, the only place I would go see them is NYC.  If not I have no interest as I wouldn't trust Axl to show up.  At least if it's NYC, there are plenty of bars that are open til 5am
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 03:43:26 PM »

I would definitly pay to see them live even if they didnt play there old stuff which is unlikely becasue they did in the 2002 tour... but i would pay anything up to 120 American to see them.... seing that i havent seen them play live before ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: