Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:32:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Next time you get an email from Guns N' Roses:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Next time you get an email from Guns N' Roses:  (Read 11698 times)
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« on: April 21, 2006, 09:03:35 AM »

You might wanna keep it a little more quiet...? See you on the 12th!? ?ok
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 09:23:54 AM by WhatIsItMan » Logged

fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 09:06:52 AM »

You might wanna keep it more quiet...? See you on the 12th!? ?ok

Now THAT's how you do a presale for the fans!  Thank you management!  See everyone on the 17th!!!
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 09:08:41 AM »

Great fucking job, whoever thought of this plan beer ok

Now I just need to score a ticket for monday and I'm set

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Chief
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 09:11:32 AM »

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU presale people!!!!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 09:19:38 AM »

Not bad at all! Going to 3 out of 4 shows.  Hopefully, when GNR tour the States again there will be another presale like this one.  See you honky's on the floor!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 09:26:35 AM »

are you still able to buy tix...this was a TOP SECRET show it seems, should i buy MORE!!! Wink

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 09:27:08 AM »

are you still able to buy tix...this was a TOP SECRET show it seems, should i buy MORE!!! Wink

Yup.  I'm contemplating tickets for the 12th on the floor right now.......
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 09:29:26 AM »

I bought extras in case of gunners in need.  If there ends up being no requests for them, I'll sell them elsewhere.  Don't worry, no ebay inflated BS.  As tempted as I am - I have a wedding to save/pay for - I am going to continue to appease the presale gods who have smiled upon me.  ok
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 09:32:30 AM »

Ladies and gents, we just witnessed how a pre-sale SHOULD work!   ok

I've never seen anything like that, it's awesome

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 09:33:14 AM »

that was pretty damn impressive!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 09:34:30 AM »

hihi rofl hihi rofl

The brokers got shafted on this one.
badapple81
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 09:36:42 AM »

The fans have been looked after very well here!  ok
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 09:47:38 AM »

My only worry now is that I won't be able to get rid of my extra tickets... I've got like $1000 dollars in tix  Undecided

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 09:49:09 AM »

My only question is will there be a pre-party for the 12th??
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 09:50:08 AM »

I am working on it.
CTgirl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 09:56:46 AM »

Thank you to everyone involved in this pre sale!!!Your the best.I'll be there on the floor on the 12th!!!! beer
comaknight
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 10:00:15 AM »

My only worry now is that I won't be able to get rid of my extra tickets... I've got like $1000 dollars in tix? Undecided

I feel the same, BUT remember these haven't even been publicly announced, much less put on sale for the general public.  They'll sell out and the extras we have purchased will be in high demand. 

Just remember - fellow gunners first  peace
gnrgoblue
Headliner

how did it come to this?

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 10:02:23 AM »

hihi rofl hihi rofl

What happened that you're all so happy about? I was in on the first presale and got my tickets for Monday and know the details of what happened there (I don't want to be too specific in case the presale for the Friday and Sunday shows is still going on), but, judging from all your reactions, something really interesting happened this morning. Tell me!

Congrats to all (me included) that got tickets, and a warm thanks to everyone involved with making it happen.
comaknight
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 10:04:09 AM »

hihi rofl hihi rofl

What happened that you're all so happy about? I was in on the first presale and got my tickets for Monday and know the details of what happened there (I don't want to be too specific in case the presale for the Friday and Sunday shows is still going on), but, judging from all your reactions, something really interesting happened this morning. Tell me!

Congrats to all (me included) that got tickets, and a warm thanks to everyone involved with making it happen.

You'll find out later on, once it's "safe".
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 10:05:39 AM »

Basically,

Management didn't announce the fact that Guns N Roses shows for the 12th and the 14th existed. They knew if they did brokers would be going nuts trying to find out the pre-sale password. I even found it wierd that craigslist.com, a spot where brokers look for passwords/info was down until around 2am last night.

Management also made it state "this event is no longer in the system" up to 5 minutes before the sale, so if a broker did look, he'd be like.. "ohh, it isn't going on."

Perfectly exectuted plan. ok
xPhoeniX
Headliner

sh*t

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 10:07:12 AM »

Anyone know how long it takes TicketMaster to ship out tickets?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 10:07:40 AM »

Basically,

Management didn't announce the fact that Guns N Roses shows for the 12th and the 14th existed. They knew if they did brokers would be going nuts trying to find out the pre-sale password. I even found it wierd that craigslist.com, a spot where brokers look for passwords/info was down until around 2am last night.

Management also made it state "this event is no longer in the system" up to 5 minutes before the sale, so if a broker did look, he'd be like.. "ohh, it isn't going on."

Ping!
comaknight
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 10:07:49 AM »

Basically,

Mysteron, can we put together a big thank you card for Merck, Sanctuary & Axl? ?Maybe have a gunner try and hand it to him during the show? ?This was such a HUGE boon to all us fans that I really think a tangible show of gratitude is in order?
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 10:09:07 AM »

I am working on it.

Will it be in a bar or something? I want it but I'm underage for the bar...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 10:10:47 AM »

Guys, I got a gunner that needs two main floor tickets for the 12th... pm me if u have extra.
fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 10:11:56 AM »

I am working on it.

You can be in a bar and be underage. ?The law says that you cannot consume alcohol under 21, so as long as you are not drinking you'll be ok. ?At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works. ?I'm 20 and do it quite a bit. ?Don't worry about it.
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 10:32:40 AM »

I am working on it.

You can be in a bar and be underage. ?The law says that you cannot consume alcohol under 21, so as long as you are not drinking you'll be ok. ?At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works. ?I'm 20 and do it quite a bit. ?Don't worry about it.

It depends on the bar.  In some bars it's 21 to drink ,18 to party.  Other bars (most midtown bars) won't let you in unless you are 21.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2006, 10:35:28 AM »

what tiime do the bars close? coz maybe axl will be late and i dotn wanna leave the bar before he goes on..
gnrgoblue
Headliner

how did it come to this?

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 10:38:04 AM »

Basically,

Strong work on their part in that case. I kind of wish I'd known about this so I could be seeing them the first night (I'm on Sunday), but I'm still really happy with how everything has worked out.

Another question because wasn't able to track the blizzard of threads and posts from the last few days: Nobody around here knew about the second set of shows (the prequel shows I suppose we can call them) until AFTER the first shows sold out, right? Maybe a privileged few, but it wasn't common knowledge, right?
bensonr2
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 10:45:27 AM »

The brokers didnt get screwed just by not getting tickets for the opening night. I have been lurking on a broker board because I picked a very bad this week not to be lurking the boards here. Anyway apparently there is a great surplus of tickets for the 15th and 17th shows.  Prices started very high this week but they will probably go way down. So keep in mind anyone without tickets if you cant find them here prices on ebay may not be that ridiculous since there will be a surplus. Now I have to debate myself if I want to use the tickets I bought 2nd level for the 15th in addition to my floor seats for opening night. I probably could live with one show and would rather get my money back, but I still cant shake the feelings I should hedge my bets incase Axel doesnt show (I was at the Philly show after all and also for the cancelled Wilkes Barre show).
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 10:48:51 AM »

The brokers didnt get screwed just by not getting tickets for the opening night. I have been lurking on a broker board because I picked a very bad this week not to be lurking the boards here. Anyway apparently there is a great surplus of tickets for the 15th and 17th shows.  Prices started very high this week but they will probably go way down. So keep in mind anyone without tickets if you cant find them here prices on ebay may not be that ridiculous since there will be a surplus. Now I have to debate myself if I want to use the tickets I bought 2nd level for the 15th in addition to my floor seats for opening night. I probably could live with one show and would rather get my money back, but I still cant shake the feelings I should hedge my bets incase Axel doesnt show (I was at the Philly show after all and also for the cancelled Wilkes Barre show).

Just curious what broker board you've been lurking on?  I'd like to get a bit more insight into their whole method of operation.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 11:54:02 AM »

i would also like to applaud GNR management and ticketmaster for making sure that the REAL fans were able to get tickets to the shows!!  beer

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 12:07:44 PM »

I could be going to 12th and 15th shows... but my mom is furious i'm missing 2 days of school.  hihi like i havn't missed that much already.
anyway if anyone wants to swap tickets for the 14th with my floor tickets for the 15th it would be greatly appreciated. Pm me if your interested.

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
rhiad
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 12:12:09 PM »

I think we learned not judge a GN'R email. Wether it may happen or not. It's all about the: try it and see for yourself vibe. That presale (12&14th) worked perfectly! Thanks to all parties involved.
bensonr2
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 12:13:05 PM »

I was lurking on a board of a site that requires a membership fee. Its a site for brokers that reveals presale passwords and provides tracking tools for your tickets. Presalenow.com . Not sure how big the site is but it was 100 percent legit. Even to see the board I had to pay 5 bucks for a 3 day membership.
miffed
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2006, 12:17:08 PM »

I have a brief comment about all of this:

While in theory this presale stuff was a good idea in that it kept out the scalpers, it also was negative for a huge chunk of the GNR fanbase, mainly the people like me. ?I've been a GNR fan for a while, since about 6th grade... I'm 25 now. ?I followed the band religiously probably until the time I went to college. ?I still listened to GNR often, but I kind of stopped checking message boards and mags hoping for news. ?Clearly the band was inactive. ?So obviously, I wasn't part of Here Today Gone to Hell when the presale was on, even though I'm a pretty big GNR fan. ?So I got shut out. ?Now, there's no sour grapes here, I did get tickets by waiting in line for an hour at J&R in lower manhattan, and so did the 5 other dudes waiting there with me (one of which was clearly a scalper, the rest who to the best of my knowledge were fans), so I'm only making a comment. ?I just wish they had limited presale to a certain number of tickets like they do for pretty much all shows, so the rest of the fans could get a crack at it. ?Especially when the more casual fans happen to be female, and I'm sure 95 percent of you presalers are male Smiley ?Just a comment.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 12:18:43 PM »

what tiime do the bars close? coz maybe axl will be late and i dotn wanna leave the bar before he goes on..

Why not?

The Hammerstein serves drinks. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006, 12:20:38 PM »

Strong work on their part in that case. I kind of wish I'd known about this so I could be seeing them the first night (I'm on Sunday), but I'm still really happy with how everything has worked out.

Another question because wasn't able to track the blizzard of threads and posts from the last few days: Nobody around here knew about the second set of shows (the prequel shows I suppose we can call them) until AFTER the first shows sold out, right? Maybe a privileged few, but it wasn't common knowledge, right?

There were some rumblings (posts on the boards) that there were 2 roll over dates being held for them, the 12th and 14th.  But roll overs don't happen unless ticket sales warrent them. 

I think yesterday's presale pretty much sealed the deal. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 12:38:12 PM »

So, the 12th and 14th shows are just for us and all the tix went in the hands of forum members? Wow!

Amazing job! This way they protected the fans from the leeches. Way to go!

Who said GNR don't care about the fans? Now Actions speak louder than words. 

And who the deuce said the Internet is a big garbage can hihi
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2006, 12:39:25 PM »

So, the 12th and 14th shows are just for us and all the tix went in the hands of forum members? Wow!

Amazing job! This way they protected the fans from the leeches. Way to go!

Who said GNR don?t care about the fans? Now Actions speak louder than words.?

And who the deuce said the Internet is a big garbage can

lol.. fuck i'm dead...  rofl at "deuce"
slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2006, 01:24:57 PM »

I think great credit is due to Jarmo and all moderators of this site. Clearly they have earned the respect of GNR and management. ok

Hope everyone has a great time at the NY shows..... beer

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
speed_stone
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2006, 03:16:22 PM »

i really want to thank the guns and their management for making this possible, a top-secret pre-sale for starving fans is the ultimate gift to receive! beer we have stuck with axl through all the fucking shit and this is an awesome way of giving back to the fans! peace i don't live in the US but thanx to everyone involved with making this happen! beer
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »

yup yup...major props to Jarmo and the others on the board!! This is a well deserved treat!! I wonder how many HTGTH.com members will be in attendance? Gotta be more than 50% of the audience! Axl should give the board a "shout out" or something at the shows! Way to go guys!
speed_stone
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2006, 03:22:16 PM »

yup yup...major props to Jarmo and the others on the board!! This is a well deserved treat!! I wonder how many HTGTH.com members will be in attendance? Gotta be more than 50% of the audience! Axl should give the board a "shout out" or something at the shows! Way to go guys!

i really hope he does, HTGTH members should wear HTGTH t-shirts in case he forgets who a large part the audience consists of! beer
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2006, 03:26:12 PM »

i really hope he does, HTGTH members should wear HTGTH t-shirts in case he forgets who a large part the audience consists of! beer
That would be cool....but then again can you imagine like 1000+ people wearing the same shirt!! LOL
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2006, 03:27:42 PM »

That would be cool....but then again can you imagine like 1000+ people wearing the same shirt!! LOL

Well if it's not 1000+ wearing an htgth shirt, it will probably be a 1000+ wearing the circle logo shirts.  hihi
speed_stone
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2006, 03:29:01 PM »

at least it would get axl's attention and he might say something, how cool would that be! Grin
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2006, 03:55:15 PM »

Just to add my voice to the chorus, I cannot thank everyone enough who was involved in the presale.? I got my floor tickets for the 12th, and couldn't be happier.? After being shut out yesterday, I was more than a little bitter at missing out on what-I'm-sure-will-be a killer run of shows, and it's just amazing that Jarmo, Mysteron, management, etc. co-ordinated this second group of shows and pulled the whole thing off so well.

And thank you to everyone who was talking to me about tickets to the first two shows prior to the second pre-sale today.? It's great to know that people on this board - arguments and occasional insults aside - step up and help one another out like this when it really counts.? *That's* what being a fan is about, and it's greatly appreciated.

See you on the 12th!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 09:12:01 AM by bazgnr » Logged
speed_stone
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2006, 03:56:52 PM »

Just to add my voice to the chorus, I cannot thank everyone enough who was involved in the presale.? I got my floor tickets for the 12th, and couldn't be happier.? After being shut out yesterday, I was more than a little bitter at missing out on what-I'm-sure-will-be a killer run of shows, and it's just amazing that Jarmo, management, etc. co-ordinated this second group of shows and pulled the whole thing off so well.

And thank you to everyone who was talking to me about tickets to the first two shows prior to the second pre-sale today.? It's great to know that people on this board - arguments and occasional insults aside - step up and help one another out like this when it really counts.? *That's* what being a fan is about, and it's greatly appreciated.

See you on the 12th!

true words spoken right there! beer
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2006, 04:15:56 PM »

Everyone should buy a HTGTH T-Shirt so we can pick each other out at the shows!

beer
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2006, 04:23:38 PM »

I am working on it.

Cool I am totally going to that!!!  If it happens Smiley

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2006, 04:24:27 PM »

I am working on it.

Cool I am totally going to that!!!? If it happens Smiley

PRE PARTY IS ON FOR ALL DAYS AT MUSTANG HARRYS!!!!!!!!!!
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2006, 04:26:28 PM »

I am working on it.

Cool I am totally going to that!!!  If it happens Smiley

PRE PARTY IS ON FOR ALL DAYS AT MUSTANG HARRYS!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent!! I then I will see everyone on the 12th and 15th beer   Mr. I  you rock ok peace

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: