Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:33:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Physical Graffiti / Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Physical Graffiti / Chinese Democracy  (Read 3145 times)
RichardNixon
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 11:17:01 AM »

So...

UYI-GN'R's "White Album"
CD-GN'R's "Physical Graffiti"

Cool.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 05:59:07 PM »

Jack, I gotta hand it to you...THAT WAS GOOD!  Grin

About Dark Side, of course not I haven't heard CD!   hihi  I just read it in a magazine a long time ago!

6 months you say, Madagas?  I would have taken 6 years at this point!  hihi
nevermore
Headliner

Verg I Veum / Varg I Veum

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 06:32:03 AM »

also about half of the material on PG were old unreleased songs. that means songs from over 6 years that Zep hadn't put on record. In 13 years of writing u'd think GNR camp has hone through different stages.

cant overlook the fact that all Zep records had great unity. since we havent got a single new GNR song released its stupid to talk about the shape of their album or to compare to any of rock's masterpiece albums
 its alright if u talk about the songs but to pretend to know somethin about ficitious a album is Bullshit just as much as the magazine reviews for CD

WECOMEFROMTHELANDOFTHEICEANDSNOW/From the midnight sun,where the hot springs blow/The hammer of the gods/Will drive their ships to new lands/To fight the horde, singing and crying:/ WALHALLA IM coming
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 10:01:06 AM »

also about half of the material on PG were old unreleased songs. that means songs from over 6 years that Zep hadn't put on record. In 13 years of writing u'd think GNR camp has hone through different stages.

?
 cant overlook the fact that all Zep records had great unity. since we havent got a single new GNR song released its stupid to talk about the shape of their album or to compare to any of rock's masterpiece albums
 its alright if u talk about the songs but to pretend to know somethin about ficitious a album is Bullshit just as much as the magazine reviews for CD

I hear you. Was only referring to the 8 or 9 newer tracks that COULD be on this album. They are different. Say what you want, but after all of this time, if the newer tracks all sounded the same, that would be one thing.  Plus you add in comments made like there will be at least something on there that everyone will like, totally convinces me that Democracy is going to be quite the diverse album.  That's where the comparison came in.

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 11:36:54 AM »

So...

UYI-GN'R's "White Album"

Cool.

I've always loved and used that White Album analogy for UYI. I think Chinese Democracy will be their version of Zeppelin's 'Presence'. Anyone who has heard that album will know where I'm going with this.  ok
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2006, 12:11:08 PM »

So...

UYI-GN'R's "White Album"

Cool.

I've always loved and used that White Album analogy for UYI. I think Chinese Democracy will be their version of Zeppelin's 'Presence'. Anyone who has heard that album will know where I'm going with this.? ok

Presence has some great songs, but there are some songs on there that I don't particularly love as well. Speaking of this album, you ever notice that the rythym guitar in For your Love was ripped on STP - Interstate Love Song?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: