Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:33:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses - "Gold Greatest Hits" DVD
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses - "Gold Greatest Hits" DVD  (Read 5654 times)
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« on: July 25, 2006, 12:50:49 PM »

What's the story with this release?   Huh

http://search.ebay.com/guns-roses-greatest-hits-dvd_W0QQfromZR41

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 01:01:29 PM »

looks like the audio dvd from the greatest hits cd

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 01:07:12 PM »

are you sure it says it's a dvd with region code and display format....I say bullshit cuz they don't sell the YCBM video

and don't have videos for CW and KOHD
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 01:10:02 PM by Neemo » Logged

Wando
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 01:08:20 PM »

It's unofficial. It's Welcome To The Videos + Kohd (from Tokyo DCD, I assume) and You Could Be mine-video.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 01:08:56 PM »

I bought one.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 01:10:26 PM »

and i can't find it anywhere but ebay and all the sellers on ebay are in Korea...it's unofficial

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 01:12:47 PM »

and i can't find it anywhere but ebay and all the sellers on ebay are in Korea...it's unofficial
Just what I've always wanted..... unofficial bootlegged rehash. hihi

holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 01:21:08 PM »

KOHD from the Freddie Mercury Tribute was released as a vid and Civil War was released in Europe, it was just the live version from Tokyo 2-22-92.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 01:30:16 PM »

KOHD from the Freddie Mercury Tribute was released as a vid and Civil War was released in Europe, it was just the live version from Tokyo 2-22-92.

how come they weren't on Welcome to the Videos then?

KOHD is prolly property of the AIDS benifit and YCBM is property of T2...this thing is a fake if it was real we'd know everything about it from release date to label to everything...IMo those two live vids were just given to MTV cuz they wanted more GnR stuff

like James said we already got welcome to the rehash on DVD...we don't need a fake korean golden rehash DVD too hihi

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 01:32:36 PM »

and this is such lovely packaging...i could see this being official...not Tongue

« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 01:37:32 PM by Neemo » Logged

Origen
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 02:02:01 PM »

Correct. The KOHD video is on VH1 alot of the time, and they also occasionally play the Civil War video on GnR video Countdowns.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 02:08:14 PM »

Correct. The KOHD video is on VH1 alot of the time, and they also occasionally play the Civil War video on GnR video Countdowns.

sorry I meant that they aren't truely music vids....just live performances of the songs...that's like saying that my michelle has a vid cuz it was played during the Ritz '88 show

Origen
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 02:18:35 PM »

sorry I meant that they aren't truely music vids....just live performances of the songs...that's like saying that my michelle has a vid cuz it was played during the Ritz '88 show

Not really the same though. I mean yeah there just live performances with no storyline to the video, but  they are still played as official videos in the UK. They never just play some random song from some random concert, it's just those two as they were released. If you get what I mean  peace
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 02:22:00 PM »

Not really the same though. I mean yeah there just live performances with no storyline to the video, but  they are still played as official videos in the UK. They never just play some random song from some random concert, it's just those two as they were released. If you get what I mean  peace
Neemo is correct. They're not videos. Its just MTV and other music channels wanting live footage of the band. Right before UYI came out, MTV had KOHD from Ritz 88 in heavy rotation. It was not a video.

Origen
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 02:32:03 PM »

Not really the same though. I mean yeah there just live performances with no storyline to the video, but? they are still played as official videos in the UK. They never just play some random song from some random concert, it's just those two as they were released. If you get what I mean? peace
Neemo is correct. They're not videos. Its just MTV and other music channels wanting live footage of the band. Right before UYI came out, MTV had KOHD from Ritz 88 in heavy rotation. It was not a video.

So when VH1 in the UK has for example "Top 10 GnR Music Videos" it has KOHD in then.

Not a live clip from "The Ritz", they put it in Music Video countdowns. KOHD is one of (if not the highest) chart entry GnR has had in the UK, and that is the video they used to promote the single.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 02:48:01 PM »

So when VH1 in the UK has for example "Top 10 GnR Music Videos" it has KOHD in then.

Not a live clip from "The Ritz", they put it in Music Video countdowns. KOHD is one of (if not the highest) chart entry GnR has had in the UK, and that is the video they used to promote the single.
Ritz KOHD used to make it on the top 10 requests of the day. That still doesn't make it a video.

Origen
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 03:08:21 PM »

Even though this is from wikipedia it will do for now.

Knockin' on Heaven's Door UK Chart #2. - I doubt the song could of gotten that high on the UK charts without a promo video.

Also:

All but eight of these music videos can be seen on the DVD compilation Welcome to the Videos, a re-release of a 1998 VHS title of the same name. "It's So Easy" was never publicly released. An alternate version of "Sweet Child O' Mine" was edited consisting solely of the "grainy" black-and-white footage that is seen interspersed between the normal color shots of the original video. "Don't Cry (Alternate Lyrics)" has aired on television in the past, and is basically just a rough cut of the "Don't Cry" video with an alternate audio track. "Civil War" was taken from the band's 1992 Tokyo show and is available on the Use Your Illusion I DVD release. "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" was taken from the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert and could not be included for legal reasons. "You Could Be Mine" features footage from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day and could not be included for legal reasons. The two videos from Live Era: '87-'93 aren't included because they were produced in 1999.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 03:12:00 PM »

whatever...you guys don't get what I'm saying...fine they are videos...I fucked up Tongue

although i was watching MTV as a 15 yo when all this happened....want my tape of 40 different MTV vids?

it has classics videos such as WTTJ '88 MTV awards, and the KOHD freddy mercury and the we will rock you and all of AFD on ritz and 92 NR MTV awards

they are not videos just live performances passed off as videos cuz MTV (and everywhere else) couldn't get enough GnR in 91 and 92
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 03:18:26 PM by Neemo » Logged

samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 03:54:01 PM »

how is this audio DTS ? 
when the aduio wasnt 5.1 in the first place ...

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
mikegray
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 03:57:22 PM »

and this is such lovely packaging...i could see this being official...not Tongue

That's fucking hilarious. It's like a photoshopped version of... well... this...

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 03:44:14 AM »

how is this audio DTS ? 
when the aduio wasnt 5.1 in the first place ...

Bingo - apart from the YCBM and the crap packaging, that was the dead give away that this smells funny.
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 02:32:36 PM »

the abba thing

-LMFAO!  rofl

WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 12:16:46 PM »

So I got this, and it's just the videos with some of them being from the Tokyo DVDs (YCBM, Civil War, Wild Horses, KOHD).  I was at least hoping for the official YCBM video on DVD, but it's just a live version.  I would only recommend this DVD if you don't have Welcome To The Videos.

anythinggoes
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 12:22:55 PM »

So I got this, and it's just the videos with some of them being from the Tokyo DVDs (YCBM, Civil War, Wild Horses, KOHD).? I was at least hoping for the official YCBM video on DVD, but it's just a live version.? I would only recommend this DVD if you don't have Welcome To The Videos.

bollocks i ordered it last week

ah well never mind i knew it was going to be shit
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 12:43:35 PM »

So I got this, and it's just the videos with some of them being from the Tokyo DVDs (YCBM, Civil War, Wild Horses, KOHD).  I was at least hoping for the official YCBM video on DVD, but it's just a live version.  I would only recommend this DVD if you don't have Welcome To The Videos.

harumph Tongue

I say buck up and just buy the offical GnR DVD's

anythinggoes
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 12:53:54 PM »

So I got this, and it's just the videos with some of them being from the Tokyo DVDs (YCBM, Civil War, Wild Horses, KOHD).? I was at least hoping for the official YCBM video on DVD, but it's just a live version.? I would only recommend this DVD if you don't have Welcome To The Videos.

harumph Tongue

I say buck up and just buy the offical GnR DVD's

been there done that on days of release it was only ?8 so no major loss i wont be crying over it
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: