Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:44:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227943 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Performs at Parkinson's Benefit
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Performs at Parkinson's Benefit  (Read 49397 times)
sl??sh
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2006, 10:32:05 AM »

Rose, a surprise guest, took the stage at the Waldorf-Astoria Ballroom to sing McCartney's "Live and Let Die." Why the performance? "Michael had asked," Rose told PEOPLE. "We actually used a sample of Michael J. Fox from (his film) Casualties of War in one of our songs that will be on the new album. So I felt, one, I've always been a fan of his. And I also feel for the guy and his situation. I'm for stem-cell research, so I just thought it would be wrong not for me to come when I was asked."

so is the footage for madagascar or the general?

live and let die is a bit strange for such an event Roll Eyes
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: November 13, 2006, 10:41:08 AM »

Yeah, now I find it even stranger that Beta took offense at the person (and seemingly the board in general) who said that they hoped the band dind't do WTTJ because it would be awkward, when in fact he did do LALD, which could be considered equally awkward.  Huh

(I posted about that before and it was deleted).   Angry
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2006, 11:33:13 AM »

Rose, a surprise guest, took the stage at the Waldorf-Astoria Ballroom to sing McCartney's "Live and Let Die." Why the performance? "Michael had asked," Rose told PEOPLE. "We actually used a sample of Michael J. Fox from (his film) Casualties of War in one of our songs that will be on the new album. So I felt, one, I've always been a fan of his. And I also feel for the guy and his situation. I'm for stem-cell research, so I just thought it would be wrong not for me to come when I was asked."

cool. Casualties of War quotes are for Madagascar.
I love it. I feel moved by the gesture.

Go Axl, go Michael!
Best luck to both of them.

...Lucky

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2006, 11:57:25 AM »

cool. Casualties of War quotes are for Madagascar.
I love it. I feel moved by the gesture.

Go Axl, go Michael!
Best luck to both of them.

...Lucky

Yay, Axl mentions the new album beer

hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2006, 12:17:22 PM »

Not by name, however Cheesy
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2006, 12:21:51 PM »

That's cool as hell.  LALD is definitely not the song I was thinking it was going to be and now that I think about it, it's not really that odd of a choice.  "What does it matter to ya, When you've got a job to do you've got to do it well, You've got to give the other fella hell..."  It could really be applied to the current situation and the whole Limbaugh\Michael J. Fox thing.  I wonder if that much thought was really put into the song choice though??  Anyway, Axl gets a nice little pat on the back from me for doing this event and hopefully we will continue to see him doing even more benefits and charities.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2006, 12:28:56 PM »

Yeah, now I find it even stranger that Beta took offense at the person (and seemingly the board in general) who said that they hoped the band dind't do WTTJ because it would be awkward, when in fact he did do LALD, which could be considered equally awkward.  Huh

Not really. Prolly You'll know what hurts and what doesn't when you have your dearest person or yourself suffering from a serious illness. When the word in the songs has nothing to do with the illness, to assume it should offend the patients, which is like assuming they're not supposed to survive their illness, and to make fun of it are the former. and totally off.

Why the performance? "Michael had asked," Rose told PEOPLE. "We actually used a sample of Michael J. Fox from (his film) Casualties of War in one of our songs that will be on the new album. So I felt, one, I've always been a fan of his. And I also feel for the guy and his situation. I'm for stem-cell research, so I just thought it would be wrong not for me to come when I was asked."

The night ended with an all-star jam session: Fox strapped on a guitar to join Crow, Costello, Rob Thomas and Leary on stage for the Beatles' "Revolution," "Back in the U.S.S.R." and "Twist and Shout."

what about our axl?
This is the second time I see Axl and Elvis Costello in one article.

Good find, snooze72
http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1558380,00.html
I guess we're seeing many other news sites c n ping this article.  yes
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2006, 01:35:06 PM »

Or wait..I just found out hes playing with a Beatles Tribute Band..Live and Let Die maybe..even though thats Pauls solo stuff?

I didn't know that the Fab Faux was a Beatles Tribute Band...makes sense now.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2006, 01:42:51 PM »

It's nice to see Michael J. Fox up there playing the guitar.  It would have been cool if he would have played when Axl was performing.  So Sheryl Crow sang two songs and Axl sang one... I wouldn't have minded a duet with Axl when Sheryl sang Eight Days a Week or Black Bird with Axl and Sheryl would have kicked ass.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 01:44:29 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
stan1ey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2006, 01:52:33 PM »

(I posted about that before and it was deleted).   Angry

Beta's point was that it was inappropriate to make a cheap joke about such a sensitive subject.  She wasn't agreeing that WTTJ would be in poor taste, only that the joke around it was.
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2006, 02:39:50 PM »

Beta's point was that it was inappropriate to make a cheap joke about such a sensitive subject.? She wasn't agreeing that WTTJ would be in poor taste, only that the joke around it was.

I'll probably have to continue this at MYGNR because it will be deleted, and I don't want to carry it on anyway, but my point is that it seemed to me to be more of an observation than a cheap joke.? Here's the exchange, I'll substitute the other song...

I just hope he didn't scream

'LIVE AND LET DIIIIIIE'

because that would be awkward

And why would you think that? Is that because you did? It is amazing the way you guys think. It is amazing how sick your mind is. And, if that suppose to be funny; it was far from been funny.
Beta

I just found her post more negative than the original, but maybe that's because I always thought of her as being such a positive person, and I took offense at her sweeping 'the way you guys think' statement.? ?But I'm sure she didn't mean it, just like I'm sure the original poster meant no offense, either.? Smiley? Back to our regularly scheduled programming.?  Grin
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #211 on: November 13, 2006, 02:46:03 PM »

And why would you think that? Is that because you did? It is amazing the way you guys think. It is amazing how sick your mind is. And, if that suppose to be funny; it was far from been funny.
Beta

WOW, a post like this is just begging for negative karma  hihi

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2006, 04:07:43 PM »

Beta

WOW, a post like this is just begging for negative karma? hihi

The joke was in bad taste. She was just calling the poster on it.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2006, 04:16:02 PM »

I really don't see what is so awkward about the song.  It's just that, a song.  Axl picked something that he knew how to sing and that was written by Paul McCartney, a former Beatle.  You folks read WAY too much into things.  It's a song that was written as the title track for a James Bond movie for crissakes.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2006, 04:16:45 PM »

Beta

WOW, a post like this is just begging for negative karma? hihi

The joke was in bad taste. She was just calling the poster on it.

Hey, Dave is back!!

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2006, 04:19:26 PM »

i never seen something so beautiful.very kool i must say.

the one an only horsey !
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2006, 05:11:36 PM »

For his part, Fox was just excited to know he had some effect on politics. "In the last week of the election, when people are chucking garbage around and it's the most brutal part of the campaign, people were actually talking about stem cells," he said. "Whatever side they came down on was great by me, as long as they talked about it."

Once again proves, Mr. Fox is trying his best to raise awareness about stem-cell research, and that's it's not about being a Democrat-pawn.

Go Michael, Go Axl, go all of you!? ok peace

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2006, 05:17:33 PM »

and that's it's not about being a Democrat-pawn.

Who cares as long as the Republicans pack up and go home ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2006, 05:27:15 PM »

'Cause the Democrats aren't always right either.  no

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2006, 05:33:52 PM »

'Cause the Democrats aren't always right either.? no

The American voters seemed to think otherwise.. hihi

The Republicans at this point remind me of the Liberals here in Canada who similiarily got slaughtered come voting time.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: