Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:55:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Performs at Parkinson's Benefit
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Performs at Parkinson's Benefit  (Read 49358 times)
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #220 on: November 13, 2006, 05:42:36 PM »

and that's it's not about being a Democrat-pawn.

Who cares as long as the Republicans pack up and go home ok

'Cause the Democrats aren't always right either.? no

The American voters seemed to think otherwise.. hihi

The Republicans at this point remind me of the Liberals here in Canada who similiarily got slaughtered come voting time.

It comes and goes. They'll control again, it's just the current voter feeling. It goes back and forth, and always will.

That's the great thing about this country. We need both of them. We need balance, in order to find the middle ground that most moral & human people think by.

Never be brainwashed enough to simply vote down party lines, whether your left or right. Vote who the right person for the job is. That's what America is about.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
GeraldFord
« Reply #221 on: November 13, 2006, 07:10:26 PM »

http://people.aol.com/people

Michael J. Fox Rocks with Sheryl Crow, Axl Rose at Fundraiser
MONDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2006 08:45AM EST

By Mark Dagostino

Michael J. Fox raised more than $5 million for his Foundation for Parkinson's Research at a Beatles-themed fundraiser in Manhattan on Saturday night, thanks to a crowd that included emcee Denis Leary, Sheryl Crow, Martin Scorsese, Mohammed Ali, Famke Janssen, Rob Thomas and Susan Sarandon.

Rose, a surprise guest, took the stage at the Waldorf-Astoria Ballroom to sing McCartney's "Live and Let Die." Why the performance? "Michael had asked," Rose told PEOPLE. "We actually used a sample of Michael J. Fox from (his film) Casualties of War in one of our songs that will be on the new album. So I felt, one, I've always been a fan of his. And I also feel for the guy and his situation. I'm for stem-cell research, so I just thought it would be wrong not for me to come when I was asked."

Elvis Costello attended with wife Diana Krall, who's due to give birth in December. "But it's twins," said Krall, "so maybe sooner!"

Fox's wife Tracy Pollan said the annual fundraiser got a shot in the arm from last week's wins by Democrats ? and candidates favoring stem-cell research: "It definitely has an extra little feeling of excitement. But this is always a really important night, and a really fun night for us."

Pollan also said she was "sort of floored" by Rush Limbaugh's accusation that Fox exaggerated his symptoms in a campaign ad."But having watched (Limbaugh) before, maybe not as surprised as maybe I would've hoped to have been. Actually, the first thing I thought was this is really going to turn on him ? which it did."

Crow, who sang the Beatles' "Blackbird" and "Eight Days a Week," told PEOPLE, "I'm really here to celebrate what Michael J. Fox is doing and what he's done so far, and the great hope he's giving everyone."

She added, "I'm so lucky, because I am now a breast cancer survivor. Obviously only six months, but I believe that I'm cancer free. (In Michael) we're watching somebody who's really fighting for his life, and the fact that he's sharing that with us I think motivates the best part of all of us to really tap into the human spirit and feel that kind of empathy and want to do something about it."

On a personal note, Crow revealed, "I'm dating." Anyone we should know? "I always feel like it's no one anyone should ever know," she said, laughing. "I like to keep my secrets."

For his part, Fox was just excited to know he had some effect on politics. "In the last week of the election, when people are chucking garbage around and it's the most brutal part of the campaign, people were actually talking about stem cells," he said. "Whatever side they came down on was great by me, as long as they talked about it."

He added: "The attention was great. And we went into that conversation knowing that 70 percent of Americans support this research."

The night ended with an all-star jam session: Fox strapped on a guitar to join Crow, Costello, Rob Thomas and Leary on stage for the Beatles' "Revolution," "Back in the U.S.S.R." and "Twist and Shout."

And when it was all over, guests went home with a unique gift basket: A Beatles lunch box stuffed with goodies.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #222 on: November 13, 2006, 07:22:48 PM »

Sweet!

LALD people.

gnrevolution.com
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #223 on: November 13, 2006, 07:41:19 PM »

"We actually used a sample of Michael J. Fox from (his film) Casualties of War in one of our songs that will be on the new album.

I guess that confirms that Madagascar will be on the new album, if anyone was wondering.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #224 on: November 13, 2006, 07:58:43 PM »

I get goosebumps everytime I see Axl's name in places not associated with Guns N' Roses.
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2006, 02:35:12 PM »

live and let die is a bit strange for such an event Roll Eyes

Yeah, now I find it even stranger that Beta took offense at the person (and seemingly the board in general) who said that they hoped the band dind't do WTTJ because it would be awkward, when in fact he did do LALD, which could be considered equally awkward.? Huh

(I posted about that before and it was deleted).? ?Angry

maybe she actually didn't get the joke? it may be tasteless, but it's KIND OF funny. The same joke would apply by going to an Alzheimer's Disease benefit and for the intro to WTTJ, screaming "do you know where the f--- you are!?" Still tasteless... but that's the sense of humor that people who listen to Axl Rose lyrics can have. I always thought the "it's all Greek to me" line was a weak throwaway in One in a Million, until learning that anal sex is described as "greek"... and now that line stitches the verse together.
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2006, 03:26:13 PM »

Yeah, now I find it even stranger that Beta took offense at the person (and seemingly the board in general) who said that they hoped the band dind't do WTTJ because it would be awkward, when in fact he did do LALD, which could be considered equally awkward.? Huh

maybe she actually didn't get the joke? it may be tasteless, but it's KIND OF funny. The same joke would apply by going to an Alzheimer's Disease benefit and for the intro to WTTJ, screaming "do you know where the f--- you are!?" Still tasteless... but that's the sense of humor that people who listen to Axl Rose lyrics can have. I always thought the "it's all Greek to me" line was a weak throwaway in One in a Million, until learning that anal sex is described as "greek"... and now that line stitches the verse together.

I didn't really want to know that.  ok
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2006, 03:30:27 PM »

BTW, I don't think LALD was such a bad choice. Don't you think the song's about surviving, rather than for example letting something die like the title implies? Come on, you've all heard the song.

I'm depressed (I've been diagnosed), and that song doesn't make me want to give up and die, so why should people with other diseases feel like it? It gives strength to people.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 03:34:28 PM by Jaci_Roxx » Logged
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2006, 04:13:51 PM »

Axl should do one of these events every week! Actually he should sing every song in the fuckin' world. If I was his manager I'd try to convince him to do that. A gifted singer like him shouldn't be restrained to such a small list of songs!

Luciano

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2006, 04:33:23 PM »

Jaci_Roxx agreed. I think the song is about surviving. In this case, to live and to let the disease die. beer

maybe she actually didn't get the joke?

Or just you don't get it.
And why would you think that? Is that because you did? It is amazing the way you guys think. It is amazing how sick your mind is. And, if that suppose to be funny; it was far from been funny.
Beta
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 04:36:54 PM by ppbebe » Logged
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2006, 06:11:07 PM »

You're not wrong man. I thought it was funny, it was just extremely tasteless. Jokes happen that way sometimes.

Like the song says, 'Live and Let Die'.  Smiley

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2006, 06:32:42 PM »

Or just you don't get it.

This point doesn't really deserve this much argument, but it's just that I disagree. And I get it, trust me. Unfortunately, I know the pain of watching someone in horrible shape die slowly. I also know the pain of watching other people watch someone die (that should make sense). Seeing how it affects other lives may be the hardest part.

And, in those situations-- no matter how tasteless-- if someone can find a way to make me laugh, then god bless them.

we're just fans here. we're not spokespeople or public figures... we have a small bit of responsibility to behave, shouldn't have to watch what we say in all occasions.

tasteless? yeah. cheap? yeah. funny? that depends on who you are, i guess.

As Legend said, Live and Let Die... and THAT's what it really means.
rwm172
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2006, 06:35:08 PM »

Should have done kohd ok
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: