Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:45:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  trilogy concept weakens cd?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: trilogy concept weakens cd?  (Read 5180 times)
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 12:56:50 PM »

Axl should've never mentioned three albums. To be honest, to rescue this sinking ship, he needs 1 awesome album - or forgot about number 2 or 3.  If Chinese Democracy bombs (defined - 2 million or less sold), I am going to guess that either Axl quits or the record company does.

Some might say that 2 million isn't a bad number - but when you have put nearly 14 years into a project - expectatons are high! Axl brought this on himself!
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 01:03:43 PM »

Axl should've never mentioned three albums. To be honest, to rescue this sinking ship, he needs 1 awesome album - or forgot about number 2 or 3.? If Chinese Democracy bombs (defined - 2 million or less sold), I am going to guess that either Axl quits or the record company does.

that's my argument... would be a shame if some of the best songs can never be heard... for they are on disc 2 or 3. if all 3 albums are very strong, then i'm more than fine with the trilogy-idea.

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 01:13:40 PM »

Axl has been working on and off with a multitude of musicans and producers for the past decade on songs and song ideas.
He better have 3 CDs worth of quality songs by now.
Whether he actually sees it through to release all 3 CDs over the next 5 years is another question entirely, but I would hope it wouldn't have anything to do with lack of quality songs.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 02:12:03 PM »

While there are people who wish it to be a 10 disc album.....an album of a decade hihi
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 09:11:31 PM »

personally(non-commercially), i would want them to release EVERYTHING they have worked on since the end of the UYI tour.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 10:55:18 PM »

personally(non-commercially), i would want them to release EVERYTHING they have worked on since the end of the UYI tour.

i agree i mean why not? ya never know what might be a hit or not hell if some dip-shit rapper can make a hit song with just him saying the same 5, 6 words over and over and over again anything could be a hit ANYTHING.

i think G'n'R should release everything. Hey Bumblefoots' been answering alot of questions lately some one send him an E-mail and ask him. Cheesy

but first lets worry about CHINESE DEMOCRACY first then we can conspire about whats to come later Wink

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 02:27:07 AM »

i agree, it could turn out exactly like illusions, if they took all the best songs from both those albums and put them on to one, it could have been the best album ever, no question!

They are the best album ever.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: