Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:45:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I JUST BOUGHT CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I JUST BOUGHT CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 50068 times)
Evolution
« Reply #240 on: November 24, 2008, 02:20:37 PM »

The postman reckons the package was too big to post so he's sent it back to the depot, I had to go round to Asda to buy a second copy!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #241 on: November 24, 2008, 02:21:21 PM »

hey, kinda off topic but... does anyone know how to convert mpeg4 files to mp3? In other words.. how can I put the album's files into my mp3 player?

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
overmatik
« Reply #242 on: November 24, 2008, 02:25:07 PM »

The easiest way is to use the built-in mp3 conversor from Windows Media Player.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:48:17 PM by overmatik » Logged
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #243 on: November 24, 2008, 02:25:18 PM »

hey, kinda off topic but... does anyone know how to convert mpeg4 files to mp3? In other words.. how can I put the album's files into my mp3 player?

http://www.howtodothings.com/electronics/a1664-how-to-convert-mp4-to-mp3.html
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:28:54 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #244 on: November 24, 2008, 02:46:38 PM »

thanks guys!  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #245 on: November 24, 2008, 05:58:41 PM »

After nine years ... NINE YEARS... of waiting, I am at last the proud owner of Chinese Democracy on CD and Vinyl.

I got mine at HMV Oxford street this morning, around 8.45. The shop was quite empty at that hour, but a couple of other folks were milling aorund with their copies of 'Chinese'. There was a brief moemnt of giddiness when I left the shop as I thought to myself ...'wow, I finally got it, I finally bloody got it'.

Then I regained my composure long enough to get something to eat, and then set out to find a quiet place to listen to it on my CD walkman. It isn't easy to find such a place in Central London, but i settled on a spot near a stream in St James Park.

For the next 70 minutes, the rest of the world melted away. I was in a a semi meditative state, soaking up every riff, lick, beat and scream on Axl's new opus, as I watched the black swans drift by and the cold november wind battered my face. As the coda of 'Prostitute' faded out, I felt a tremendous feeling of peace as the stream babbled on and the trees cast long shadows in the Autumn sun. In fact, the experience was all all a bit like Herman Herman Hesse's 'Siddharta', (except of course there were no CD players in Ancient India).

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #246 on: November 24, 2008, 06:04:43 PM »

I picked mine up @ 12:01AM at the HMV Superstore in downtown Toronto. I got the Fanpack (CD & T-Shirt) & a CD. There Vinyl order never arrived Sad
I'll have to try to get the Vinyl when I go to the mall tomorrow.

I listened to it in my Jeep on my 9 Speaker Boston Acoustics sound system - sounds great!

beer

I still haven't been able to find a Vinyl copy. Has anyone in the Toronto Area been able to find a Vinyl copy yet?

Also Windows Media Player STILL doesn't recognize the CD - I wonder when Chinese Democracy will get added to the database?

Huh

HMV told me that the vinyl isn't out until December 2nd in Canada.

Interesting, the only thing that they told me was that they didn't get their shipment.

yea, i was told at first that they didn't receive their shipment, and then I called today and got fed the 2 december bullshit line....  not sure where that date came from, or if they're just making it up, or what, but at any rate it would be nice to get some sort of confirmation from the band or label about this.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #247 on: November 25, 2008, 01:18:34 PM »

Anyone else have problems uploading the cd onto itunes? It took me two attempts and none of the data such as artist/song name dont appear. Ive had had to input the names ect manually, actually more a pleasurable than you think Grin
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #248 on: November 25, 2008, 01:33:47 PM »

I had trouble too but not with the data.  For me, the songs didn't download in the tracklisting order like on the album so I had to re-arrange them into the correct order in the playlist.  Plus, since I pre-ordered the album, iTunes gave me CD (single) for FREE but I can't figure out how to get the playlist with the rest of the album to let me add the song so the iPod recognizes it as part of the album. When I look at the playlist on my computer, they're all in the same playlist but when it uploads to the iPod, it seperates them again.  I think it has something to do with that they were 'purchased' on different days.  Undecided

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #249 on: November 25, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »

nope

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
rkswb11
Opening Act

« Reply #250 on: November 25, 2008, 02:36:33 PM »

I put the CD in... and my computer doesn't have any autostart programs.  In fact, it doesn't even recognize it as "chinese democracy."  Just "unknown album." 

Is it just my computer or is there really no computer data on the disk?  If there isn't any, what reason do you think that could be?
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #251 on: November 25, 2008, 02:38:49 PM »

I got the same thing when I wanted to rip the album for my mp3 player. Odd, as even old cd's have data on them, but anyway it may be some sort of protection. It's not important, though peace

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #252 on: November 25, 2008, 03:37:28 PM »

I picked mine up @ 12:01AM at the HMV Superstore in downtown Toronto. I got the Fanpack (CD & T-Shirt) & a CD. There Vinyl order never arrived Sad
I'll have to try to get the Vinyl when I go to the mall tomorrow.

I listened to it in my Jeep on my 9 Speaker Boston Acoustics sound system - sounds great!

beer

I still haven't been able to find a Vinyl copy. Has anyone in the Toronto Area been able to find a Vinyl copy yet?

Also Windows Media Player STILL doesn't recognize the CD - I wonder when Chinese Democracy will get added to the database?

Huh

HMV told me that the vinyl isn't out until December 2nd in Canada.

Interesting, the only thing that they told me was that they didn't get their shipment.

yea, i was told at first that they didn't receive their shipment, and then I called today and got fed the 2 december bullshit line....  not sure where that date came from, or if they're just making it up, or what, but at any rate it would be nice to get some sort of confirmation from the band or label about this.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. I said, "It's been released world-wide today", they said "sometimes we have different release dates." I thought it was just a line of BS, but if other Canadians, in far larger cities than mine can't find it, I guess it's true.

Not sure why'd they change it. Unless there was a deal with the record company who was pressing them. I assume the vinyl gets pressed in Canada....for the Canadian release. Huh

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
dimitrisaxl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #253 on: November 25, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »

I bought my copy! All this years of waiting and finally in my hands. Can't believe it. The disk is awesome!  beer
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: November 26, 2008, 07:38:05 AM »

I think those having trouble might need to download the most current version of itunes.  I haven't had any trouble, but I did make sure I got the latest version a couple of days ago.

On a side note, I'm proud of the way itunes it pushing the album.  I got an e-mail from them this morning that featured the album.  When I opened the wheat logo was huge in the e-mail.  Below that in much tinier displays were Kanye and The Killers.  Kanye and The Killers are selling their album today for $4.99 while CD is still the full price of $9.99.  I think the other artists are feeling the heat of the success of CD.

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #255 on: November 26, 2008, 01:44:43 PM »

im buyin CD this weekend smoking

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #256 on: November 26, 2008, 01:50:35 PM »

I don?t know what to think really..I bought it today and i?ll listen to it later tonight...A review will come later..IT?s fucking here !

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #257 on: November 26, 2008, 02:00:29 PM »

My 1 friend got it 2ed day it came out we listened to it its Better than any of the other GNR albums except Appitite but it blew my mind  drool

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #258 on: November 26, 2008, 02:07:04 PM »

I just bought 5 copies of CD beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer
I have only heard 50% of the record and aside from This I Love, the other 7 songs were well-publicized before the past couple of months (Street of Dreams, TWAT, RATB. etc.). From how everything sounds, I may be buying more copies to hand out for Chanukah and Thanksgiving!!!!
 ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok

I spoke to the register lady at Best Buy in Columbus Circle in NYC and she told me that GNR and Kenya West are the two best sellers right now.
A GNR album debut in the Billboard Top 5 is very likely at this point. I look foward to hearing the rest of it and making a review for it like the rest of you.

peace
MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #259 on: November 27, 2008, 10:52:52 AM »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I GOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

drool

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: