Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:47:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Feb 11 2010 - New York, NY DISCUSSION thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feb 11 2010 - New York, NY DISCUSSION thread  (Read 37509 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2010, 10:46:28 AM »

...I've heard Axl will be hangin in NYC for a few weeks, so you never know if he might pop in again at some point on the radio shows, lets hope.

Would be great! If it happens, I hope a couple more from the band join in..  Cheesy

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2010, 11:42:44 AM »

Dude, that's insane! I'm soo jealous that it was almost hard for me to finish your story! drool

But thx for sharing it. I just wish there was an opportunity for more of us "regular civilians" that are just hardcore fans to see the show.
[/quote]

I know.  It bums me out so many of these people that are in these crowds are there because they are in "the scene."  I know these are being done because of fashion week and that scene goes hand in hand with that, but I literally was able to look around the venue and count on one hand how many true G N' R fans were there and having the experience I was.
If they do another one in NYC I really hope more fans get the opportunity to see it.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2010, 11:44:58 AM »

By the way, there was a guy standing right by me the entire show, who filmed the whole performance on his digital camera.  Not sure if that will turn up eventually, or he will be like one of these scumbags who hold back amazing bootlegs from the true fans in their little sick underground "trading" worlds, but the show was definitely captured from this man's point of view by the side of the stage.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2010, 03:57:14 PM »

not sure if this was posted, in the NY Post today, page six....
While only Fashion Week can persuade Guns N' Roses to play a secret show for 200 fans, it can't force frontman Axl Rose to turn up on time. The rock wildman was nearly three hours late for his show, leaving the well-heeled crowd -- including designer John Varvatos, p.r. icon Kelly Cutrone, One Model Management chief Scott Lipps and photographer Mick Rock -- waiting in a sweaty VIP area until just before 1 a.m. yesterday for the band to take the stage at the Varvatos store in the East Village. Once onstage, Rose -- who one guest said looked like Mickey Rourke in "The Wrestler" -- wouldn't stop and played until 3 a.m. The band continued the party at E__P, the music venue downstairs, until 5 a.m., when Axl shouted, "We're going to a club." As Axl staggered out, The Post's Brian Niemietz asked him how late he stays out at night and the sweat-drenched star snarled, "As long as it takes."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/axl_not_sweet_to_fashionistas_VXAHw9Xmi4Rdw05Cx78IDP#comments#ixzz0fS3us1AH

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2010, 04:06:25 PM »

By the way, there was a guy standing right by me the entire show, who filmed the whole performance on his digital camera.  Not sure if that will turn up eventually, or he will be like one of these scumbags who hold back amazing bootlegs from the true fans in their little sick underground "trading" worlds, but the show was definitely captured from this man's point of view by the side of the stage.

You could have asked him for his contact info!
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2010, 05:55:39 PM »

it looks like a lot of people were recording the concert (not sure how much of it). Look at the photos and you can see people using their cameras. Not sure how the audio would sound, but you know a place like that is going to have security cameras. 'Course seriously doubt something like that would be released
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2010, 07:58:28 PM »

he will be like one of these scumbags who hold back amazing bootlegs from the true fans in their little sick underground "trading" worlds

Knowing the "community" of traders and whatever who share shows (1987 CBGB, 1991 Mr. Brownstone video) twenty years later, I'd think he will hold his tape for himself and will never share it on DIME or whatever.
I was at Paris Bercy in 2006. A fan filmed almost all of the show just in front of me and asked me to move and all to film the show, I gave her my email address so she could give the video to me but I never heard any news. Since then, I don't trust any "filmers" or whatever doing whatever they want at concerts. Good for them if they keep them for their Sunday afternoons.

murph
Opening Act

Guys No Shirt No Service-Gals No Shirt No Charge

« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2010, 08:11:38 PM »

Mr. brownstone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4OMiADbDaA

your crazy (awesome!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZmQAlONr1U

used to love her/welcome to the jungle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Blvw5Grj8

mp3 versions will appear shortly in downloads!!!!!! yes sir

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT. ANYTHING YOU SAY WILL BE MISQUOTED,
THEN USED AGAINST YOU
murph
Opening Act

« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2010, 08:29:30 PM »

i will put thw mp3 dl's here and then the mods can move it later

you're crazy
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L7HI9P3W

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZNFRKKBU

end of catcher/my michelle
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q00G2MHW

mr.brownstone
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5D3SKEN0

en-fuck'n joy gunners!

THEN USED AGAINST YOU
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2010, 08:34:43 PM »

i will put thw mp3 dl's here and then the mods can move it later

you're crazy
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L7HI9P3W

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZNFRKKBU

end of catcher/my michelle
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q00G2MHW

mr.brownstone
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5D3SKEN0

en-fuck'n joy gunners!

Thank you sir!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Finckism
Headliner

catchy

« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2010, 08:59:22 PM »

Thank you very much for the vids and mp3!

2010-03-22 - Buenos Aires, Argentina
murph
Opening Act

« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2010, 09:16:04 PM »

Thank you very much for the vids and mp3!
no problem

THEN USED AGAINST YOU
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2010, 11:30:10 PM »

^ ^ Thank you  Cheesy
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2010, 11:54:20 PM »

on a quick glance during use to love her i counted seven phones recording the song and some of those phones and how high up they were held looked like they got some good stuff.
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2010, 12:03:32 AM »

Wow! Absolutely surreal!! Shocked

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2010, 12:46:13 AM »

very cool thanks!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2010, 01:03:12 AM »

Ok, time for my review -
Let me start by saying that this was hands down the greatest night of my life, I'm still in shock!!!

My night started at another concert at The Highline Ballroom where my friends local NYC band - The Party Death were playing (very heavy GNR influenced band, check em' out you'll all love them, the guitarist goes by the name Jack Nightrain)
At around 12am I got a text from a friend also at the concert saying "I'm getting texts from people saying GNR's playing at the Bowery right now" I had no clue GNR were even in New York, but without even thinking I found her, we left the concert and while waiting for a cab we started hearing all these different rumors saying yeah they already played it was only 4 songs, or yeah its at Rose bar you'll never get in,or  yeah its at CBGB's I think its over and you'll never get in... we got a cab straight to CBGB's only cause that made the most sense. There was security there but not a big crowd so after a couple of minutes they just let us in. I ran to the back by the stage got right up front not even knowing if anything was gonna happen, then after a couple of minutes I saw the Bassist of Baz's band who I saw last Saturday at The Starland Ballroom in NJ (Amazing Show) started talking to him he told me "Yeah Guns N Roses are about to come out, everyone's here Sebastian etc...
That was the last moment I remember, I woke up the next morning and my face was all soar from smilling so much... it still is!

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2010, 01:09:30 AM »

Ok, time for my review -
Let me start by saying that this was hands down the greatest night of my life, I'm still in shock!!!

My night started at another concert at The Highline Ballroom where my friends local NYC band - The Party Death were playing (very heavy GNR influenced band, check em' out you'll all love them, the guitarist goes by the name Jack Nightrain)
At around 12am I got a text from a friend also at the concert saying "I'm getting texts from people saying GNR's playing at the Bowery right now" I had no clue GNR were even in New York, but without even thinking I found her, we left the concert and while waiting for a cab we started hearing all these different rumors saying yeah they already played it was only 4 songs, or yeah its at Rose bar you'll never get in,or  yeah its at CBGB's I think its over and you'll never get in... we got a cab straight to CBGB's only cause that made the most sense. There was security there but not a big crowd so after a couple of minutes they just let us in. I ran to the back by the stage got right up front not even knowing if anything was gonna happen, then after a couple of minutes I saw the Bassist of Baz's band who I saw last Saturday at The Starland Ballroom in NJ (Amazing Show) started talking to him he told me "Yeah Guns N Roses are about to come out, everyone's here Sebastian etc...
That was the last moment I remember, I woke up the next morning and my face was all soar from smilling so much... it still is!

EPIC!! U Lucky fuck!! hihi
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2010, 01:12:06 AM »

Dude, that's insane! I'm soo jealous that it was almost hard for me to finish your story! drool

But thx for sharing it. I just wish there was an opportunity for more of us "regular civilians" that are just hardcore fans to see the show.

I know.  It bums me out so many of these people that are in these crowds are there because they are in "the scene."  I know these are being done because of fashion week and that scene goes hand in hand with that, but I literally was able to look around the venue and count on one hand how many true G N' R fans were there and having the experience I was.
If they do another one in NYC I really hope more fans get the opportunity to see it.

We all know that GNR will give the REAL fans more than a few major venue shows within striking distance during our leg of the tour but also they'll include a bunch of these smaller venue shows as after-parties or whatever that the hard-cores always manage to find.  yes

So youze should just do what I do and try to put a positive spin on those "scene" peoples being at this show.  I mean it's gotta make you chuckle a little bit just imagining what's going through "those peoples" minds starting at around say 10:01 pm  hihi

The handful of REAL fans knew how to bide their time because they knew something amazing was going to happen.  While those "scene" peoples finally got their money's worth out of those really really expensive watches they were wearing.  rofl

CONGRATS TO ALL YOUZE REAL FANS THAT GOT TO WITNESS THIS SHOW!!! headbanger
And thanks for sharing your stories/pics/videos/etc. with us!!!  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2010, 01:43:19 AM »

not sure if this was posted, in the NY Post today, page six....
While only Fashion Week can persuade Guns N' Roses to play a secret show for 200 fans, it can't force frontman Axl Rose to turn up on time. The rock wildman was nearly three hours late for his show, leaving the well-heeled crowd -- including designer John Varvatos, p.r. icon Kelly Cutrone, One Model Management chief Scott Lipps and photographer Mick Rock -- waiting in a sweaty VIP area until just before 1 a.m. yesterday for the band to take the stage at the Varvatos store in the East Village. Once onstage, Rose -- who one guest said looked like Mickey Rourke in "The Wrestler" -- wouldn't stop and played until 3 a.m. The band continued the party at E__P, the music venue downstairs, until 5 a.m., when Axl shouted, "We're going to a club." As Axl staggered out, The Post's Brian Niemietz asked him how late he stays out at night and the sweat-drenched star snarled, "As long as it takes."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/axl_not_sweet_to_fashionistas_VXAHw9Xmi4Rdw05Cx78IDP#comments#ixzz0fS3us1AH

"As long as it takes". I love that line. fuckin' rock star

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem