Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:47:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mysterious Guns N? Roses Teaser Hits Movie Screens Nationwide (link in 1st post)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mysterious Guns N? Roses Teaser Hits Movie Screens Nationwide (link in 1st post)  (Read 49117 times)
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2015, 01:15:13 PM »

If the tour does happen, I wish we could have old favorites from the UYI era back in the setlist that hasn't been played in decades, like Locomotive, Double Talkin' Jive, So Fine and Yesterdays. And why not.. Coma.

//JK
Tongue-like-a-razor
Headliner

A sweet switch-blade knife...

« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2015, 01:29:46 PM »

Topped with a couple of songs off Spaghetti Incident!
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2015, 01:52:06 PM »

How about no cover songs at all......all original Gnr songs! ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #203 on: December 29, 2015, 01:58:21 PM »

If the tour does happen, I wish we could have old favorites from the UYI era back in the setlist that hasn't been played in decades, like Locomotive, Double Talkin' Jive, So Fine and Yesterdays. And why not.. Coma.

'So Fine' would make sense. 

But 'Locomotive' and 'Coma', while great songs, they hardly got played the first time around.  I don't know I'd be expecting those.

'Pretty Tied Up' should be the show opener every night of however many shows they do, for the lyrics alone.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #204 on: December 29, 2015, 01:59:51 PM »

Coma would be epic!!  It's a Slash and Axl song so I could see it.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #205 on: December 29, 2015, 02:01:04 PM »

But 'Locomotive' and 'Coma', while great songs, they hardly got played the first time around.  I don't know I'd be expecting those.

'Pretty Tied Up' should be the show opener every night of however many shows they do, for the lyrics alone.

Just open with anything other than Jungle! 

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2015, 02:06:19 PM »

Honestly, as far as a reunion goes, there's no bad choice to open the show, except maybe November Rain.  Hell, Slash can walk out with the opening chords to SCOM and it would be absolutely deafening. People have been waiting a looooong time for this.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #207 on: December 29, 2015, 02:20:57 PM »

Honestly, as far as a reunion goes, there's no bad choice to open the show, except maybe November Rain.  Hell, Slash can walk out with the opening chords to SCOM and it would be absolutely deafening. People have been waiting a looooong time for this.

Yes very true. I just don't want to see Jungle as the opener anymore. For people who have followed the new band the past 15 years I think something different would be great. I know CD has been the opener then then they went straight Jungle. Also to then go right into It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone I don't think there's been a single show in the past 15 where they didn't play Jungle, ISE and Brownstone back to back to back. It would be fresh if that was mixed up.

Princess Leia
« Reply #208 on: December 29, 2015, 02:32:03 PM »

It would be great if they bring back Pretty Tie Up and So Fine. I love Locomotive and Coma but I agree that most likely it won?t happen  Sad

The long version of Rocket Queen that Slash played with Conspirator must be perfomed. It was amazing addition Slash did to the song  Grin
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #209 on: December 29, 2015, 02:48:22 PM »

Shocked

I'm all for changing up setlists - but if there is a reunion there can be NO OTHER song to open up with than Jungle
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2015, 03:08:12 PM »

Double Talkin Jive must return too!! And maybe Bad Obsession too!  ok
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #211 on: December 29, 2015, 03:49:07 PM »

Shocked

I'm all for changing up setlists - but if there is a reunion there can be NO OTHER song to open up with than Jungle

Agree.  Such a powerful opener. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #212 on: December 29, 2015, 03:54:01 PM »

I guess there's really two ways to look at it... But if you choose the "mystery" road, I guess you'd have to solve the mystery pretty soon. 10 days after the first trailer (Coachella announcement?) seems a bit far for me, at the age and time of social networks.

We shall know pretty soon, but thanks to the info in this thread it does seem to be connected to Coachella. Interesting.

The one thing we do NOT know is....what this weekend will bring.  Maybe another, longer trailer? Maybe something else to keep the mystery progressing?

But even if not, I don't think 10 days is "too long", considering WHAT we're talking about (a trailer in front of a movie).  MOST of the time, those types of things are not going to get the kind of press and attention this one has.  Your exposure rate on this type of ad is, relatively speaking, lower than say a TV ad or even an online trailer on youtube.  The advertising guys may very well have figured it would take 10 days or so to reach critical mass.  Maybe they were (and I'm sure quite happily so) wrong about how long it would take to get enough eyeballs on it to be effective.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #213 on: December 29, 2015, 03:55:26 PM »

Axl has been using 'Nightrain' to close shows for 15 years.  

Might slide that back is as an opener, like back in the day.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #214 on: December 29, 2015, 04:10:54 PM »

It's So Easy works pretty good too.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2015, 04:17:43 PM »

It would be great if they bring back Pretty Tie Up and So Fine. I love Locomotive and Coma but I agree that most likely it won?t happen  Sad

The long version of Rocket Queen that Slash played with Conspirator must be perfomed. It was amazing addition Slash did to the song  Grin
100% agree with this! Watched Slash do a 14 minute rocket queen in Sydney and it was simply epic. It would provide a good break for Axl if he needs it at some point in the show as well.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2015, 06:02:53 PM »

went to an AMC movie theater tonight to watch Joy and saw it, I kinda tricked my wife to go to a regal or amc theater cuz i heard its where they were showing the teaser, I arrived early so I won't mis it, and then bam! the riff of welcome to the jungle on the screen with the crowd, but just lasted a second or two, then a few commercials of new tv series, then bam! a little longer clip and right after "you know where you are....." cut!....then i thought ok, this is killing me lol, I was the only one in there that jumped right when i hear every clip, my wife even slap my arm because she got scared when i jumped of the chair, and after another round of commercials finally, the full teaser came out, it is awesome. I enjoyed the movie but to be honest i went to see the teaser so the movie was just a plus.
Since the first time I heard Guns n Roses what was I was 14-15 years old and sweet child o mine played on MTV I been a big fan of this band since then, that is why this is a big deal for me, I had the name of the 5 members write on my jeans and they became a big part of my youth. I love this band since then, I loved the new GnR too and saw them live and enjoyed every show, but the reunion, even with the 3 of them, or 4 or 5, its like going back to that very first day I heard the music that changed my life.

Did the same thing today. Went to see Star Wars with my wife, who's never seen any of them so she really had no interest. We got there about 20 minutes early and after a few ads, the 1st GNR tease came on. I gave her a nudge and it was over in like 5 seconds. We were both like, "that's it?" But then a few minutes later the longer version came on. I too, think I was the only one in the theater who knew anything about it and I was clearly the most excited guy in the theater at that moment. Movie was great too, so like you said, bonus! Now the Billboard news. Can this day get much better?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #217 on: December 29, 2015, 06:09:49 PM »

No it can't get better !!!!

Well maybe a tweet from Axl saying see all you double takin jive morherfuckers with the guy in the top hat and the King of beers real soon

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #218 on: December 29, 2015, 06:12:59 PM »

I'd bet a good amount it'll be all of Appetite with an encore of hits from UYI
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #219 on: December 29, 2015, 09:52:42 PM »

I'd bet a good amount it'll be all of Appetite with an encore of hits from UYI

Nah.. Axl did that too much with the New Guns.

//JK
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: