Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:35:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now!?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now!?  (Read 62766 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2009, 07:13:57 PM »

Yeah but if they came out with a new album, they could still do the CD songs plus the newer songs. Really, every song I've wanted to hear off CD except Shackler's Catcher and Sorry have pretty much already been performed live anyhow.

IRS,CD,Madagascar,SOD,Better were all played very heavily on the tours.

my point is, It was great getting CD out. Got the monkey off the back, the thing as Axl said was a miracle to get released. So now there will be less pressure on the follow up. U got some songs already and a great songwriting partner in DJ Ashba to help with the next record.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2009, 07:30:39 PM »

Yeah but if they came out with a new album, they could still do the CD songs plus the newer songs. Really, every song I've wanted to hear off CD except Shackler's Catcher and Sorry have pretty much already been performed live anyhow.

IRS,CD,Madagascar,SOD,Better were all played very heavily on the tours.

How many times did you see them?

None?

Just like many others who bought the album...

my point is, It was great getting CD out. Got the monkey off the back, the thing as Axl said was a miracle to get released. So now there will be less pressure on the follow up. U got some songs already and a great songwriting partner in DJ Ashba to help with the next record.

You don't seem to get it and you chose to focus on your own wishes.

The album deserves attention.

Stop trying to "demand" a new album in a time when the current one is still the main focus.

It's just selfish.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »

I don't think I am "Demanding" a new album. I am giving my opinion on the course of action I think they should take. I am going to support whatever and am a long for the ride, but in my opinion and its just my opinion. Im not expecting everyone to agree with it, I think CD was a good album, got them back out there, reintroduced them to the world and now I would take that and concentrate on another album and hopefully things go more smooth this time.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2009, 08:22:43 PM »

I don't think I am "Demanding" a new album. I am giving my opinion on the course of action I think they should take. I am going to support whatever and am a long for the ride, but in my opinion and its just my opinion. Im not expecting everyone to agree with it, I think CD was a good album, got them back out there, reintroduced them to the world and now I would take that and concentrate on another album and hopefully things go more smooth this time.

DJ's got alot of songs to learn to play hihi
let them get a tour or two under their belts and get used to the dynamics of DJ before thinking about a new album Undecided
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2009, 08:03:14 AM »

I myself would want a new record first before a tour,

You got the album but no tour to support it yet. So using that logic, you'd want a tour?

But then you go on saying you want an album... Weird.

/jarmo

As in i want another album first THEN a tour, where they can do stuff from both records and not be so reliant on old stuff
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 08:05:09 AM by seely » Logged

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2009, 09:43:54 AM »

I myself would want a new record first before a tour,

You got the album but no tour to support it yet. So using that logic, you'd want a tour?

But then you go on saying you want an album... Weird.

/jarmo

As in i want another album first THEN a tour, where they can do stuff from both records and not be so reliant on old stuff
I don't think it is that they are reliant on the old stuff, it is what made them GNR Huh.  Half of the fun is the anticipation of the tour, waiting for the announcement, presales, planning your trips to these shows, meeting fellow gunners along the way, and then the pure rush of it all leaves you wanting for more,  It's less than six months for CD, plez relax and let this album takes its course, and enjoy it, after all, what is not to be enjoyed it is completey breath taking and the talents produced by Axl and the current line up, well.....undescribable  all the way across the board ok.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2009, 09:46:48 AM »

So you basically want something that the band isn't focusing on.

Prepare to be disappointed once again just because you want stuff that's not reasonable and has been explained to you....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2009, 01:32:57 PM »

So you basically want something that the band isn't focusing on.

Prepare to be disappointed once again just because you want stuff that's not reasonable and has been explained to you....

/jarmo

I'm simply giving my opinion as to what i'd like. I've read Axl's interviews, and i know he wants to concentrate on CD, and i'm fine with that, i'd love to see Gn'R live, i simply prefer studio material to live shows.
I'm not trying to be unreasonable or cause shit, i'm simply stating what i'd most like to see. I'm perfectly happy with what Axl wants to do, i'm simply stating what i'd like to see, knowing it's probably not whats going to happen, it's just my own opinion and wish, nothing more

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2009, 01:37:21 PM »

As long as you don't get pissed off when you don't get what you want when you want it....

/jarmo

seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2009, 01:40:16 PM »

No i wont, i know it's not likely to happy, it's simply what id like to see most
Axl's gonna want to tour this record properly first, thats perfectly reasonable, i mean 99% of artists do it that way. I'm simply looking forward to the next record, whenever it may be,

(\__/)
(O.o )

Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2009, 04:15:42 PM »

No i wont, i know it's not likely to happy, it's simply what id like to see most
Axl's gonna want to tour this record properly first, thats perfectly reasonable, i mean 99% of artists do it that way. I'm simply looking forward to the next record, whenever it may be,

how old are you?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2009, 04:07:17 PM »

say, it may come out in 201X and you sure would like to see it first then a tour, i don't think.  hihi
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2009, 04:36:49 PM »

only 2 tuesdays left before may 23  Smiley

Re-Union time, baby!!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2009, 05:04:47 PM »

Did I miss something? Is something supposed to happen on May 23?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Classic Case
Rocker

« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »

where do we go now??

we are going to get use to just listen Ch D for a couple years b4 something happen
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 06:35:48 PM by Classic Case » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2009, 05:44:28 PM »

the supposed expiring date of the bb deal, maybe?

But whatts up with tuesdays? Huh
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2009, 05:44:45 PM »

That's just a reference to the 6 month mark.  The supposed end of the Best Buy exclusive, which so far we haven't heard anything about it actually ending.

Tuesdays are when new releases come out in the US.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2009, 05:53:13 PM »

was november the 23rd 2008 tuseday?
and shouldn't the supposed re release date be after the supposed expiring date and not before?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2009, 06:31:25 PM »

and shouldn't the supposed re release date be after the supposed expiring date and not before?
November 23rd was a Sunday actually, released 2 days earlier than the traditional Tuesday release date.  May 23rd is a Saturday, the following Tuesday is the 26th.  I would suppose THAT would mark the 6 month date.

I would think/hope we'd hear something real soon if something were actually gonna happen around that time.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 06:33:06 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Classic Case
Rocker

« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2009, 06:37:55 PM »

who said is gonna be a re-release of the album?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: