Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:31:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  censorship
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: censorship  (Read 45117 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2006, 03:11:12 AM »

Come on now that Pussycat Dolls line was funny................. ok ok

how the fuck did we get that far off topic?

I love the new band, I love everything about the new band, I was only asking for people to at least wait till CD comes out before they say these guys are better than Slash.

Once CD comes out u will have evidence to support the claim, until then I dont think u do..........

My first post I promise was actually on topic.

I stated if posts about old members were deleted, then posts saying stuff like this guy is better than an old member should also be deleted.
not in those words exactly, but it was lingering somewhere between the lines.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2006, 08:17:32 AM »

I think this belongs here, are we allowed to mention GN'Rs ex-manager at all?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2006, 08:27:01 AM »

I can play November Rain on guitar, does that make me better than the guy who actually came up with it?

Yes, you're better.

And I'll delete anyone who says otherwise.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hysteron
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2006, 02:34:53 PM »

It's disrespectful to the original GNR and to fans of the original GNR to like Bumblefoot?

Are you out of your mind?

I simply like his guitar playing better than Slash's. It's really as simple as that. I'm a huge fan of the original line-up, every single song is a masterpiece, but I'm not offended when someone says they like the new line-up. I fucking love the new line-up! Can't we love both? Whats the big deal? It's the same name, but its a different band, and I like both bands.

edit: And I just saw your edit.... no, we never said that they play the original stuff better. Though, you are wrong again, it is possible for cover musicians to play other's music better. Bob Dylan admitted that GNR covered KOHD better than the original. But we are just talking about what guitar player we like better. I like Ron more than I like Slash, and Jim Bob likes Robin more than he likes Slash, but I don't see how you find that disrespectul to the old line-up. That kind of logic is flawed. I guess if someone likes Scott Weiland's singing in Stone Temple Pilots, they are disrespecting Axl?? nervous

Dont twist what I am saying

U can like who ever u want more than Slash

But when u say someone is "Better" especially when they havent even released an album of original material yet,

You're not a Nine Inch Nails fan are you?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2006, 04:20:05 PM »

Actually, Yes I am ok ok

EstrangedReality
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2006, 04:46:35 PM »

I would suggest ending the Slash-vs.-Robin debate, guys. Unless you want the mods to smite you with negative karma. John Lennon would not be pleased.  no
EFISH
« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2006, 04:48:19 PM »

I would suggest ending the Slash-vs.-Robin debate, guys. Unless you want the mods to smite you with negative karma. John Lennon would not be pleased.  no
First of all, the debate wasn't about Robin Vs. Slash, though D wanted it to be.
Second of all, it wouldn't be the first time I've gotten negative karma for no real reason.  Wink
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2006, 05:10:48 PM »

My original post that got all of that started was basically:

If Posts about Slash being GOD are deleted, then equally absurd posts such as people saying so and so are better than Slash should also be deleted cause it pisses off fans of the original and starts a shitstorm.

I stated that right now none of the new GNR guitar players have done anything to prove that point due to CD not being released yet. I stated till it is released, u have no evidence to support your position.

They then make it about something I wasnt even talkin about. They then start chattering on how they like Robin better which is fine, I dont care who u LIKE better but when it comes to WHO IS Better, until CD comes out, i think Slash still wins by default.

Efish and jimmy jack joe bob then twist my words around like I am saying U cant like someone better than Slash when in fact it wasnt no where near what I was saying and it kind of went from there back and forth until I ended it with the knock out line:  "Robin was a goth, now a hippie" thank God he doesnt have tits or he'd be a pussycat doll."

Now That is Funny! I dont care who u are! ok

EstrangedReality
« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2006, 05:13:55 PM »

My original post that got all of that started was basically:

If Posts about Slash being GOD are deleted, then equally absurd posts such as people saying so and so are better than Slash should also be deleted cause it pisses off fans of the original and starts a shitstorm.

I stated that right now none of the new GNR guitar players have done anything to prove that point due to CD not being released yet. I stated till it is released, u have no evidence to support your position.

They then make it about something I wasnt even talkin about. They then start chattering on how they like Robin better which is fine, I dont care who u LIKE better but when it comes to WHO IS Better, until CD comes out, i think Slash still wins by default.

Efish and jimmy jack joe bob then twist my words around like I am saying U cant like someone better than Slash when in fact it wasnt no where near what I was saying and it kind of went from there back and forth until I ended it with the knock out line:  "Robin was a goth, now a hippie" thank God he doesnt have tits or he'd be a pussycat doll."

Now That is Funny! I dont care who u are! ok

Who cares?

No one's going to remember this discussion a week from now, and you're not going to change anyone's mind.

I agree with you - comparing Robin to Slash is pretty silly since Slash is one of the most iconic guitarists of the last century and also one of the most influential, whereas most people haven't even heard of Robin. BUT...they personally like Robin more, and they're entitled to: it's a free country. They can like Bumblefoot, Robin Finck, Richard Fortus or Richard Simmons more than Slash -- it doesn't matter. They're not debating whether Slash was more influential or not (he undoubtedly was) -- they're just saying they personally enjoy watching the other guys more than Slash.

If they're twisting your words as you claim, just stop responding and it will die. They can't quote you if you don't write anything.  Wink

I'm not trying to be a prick, I just would hate to see people lose their accounts for this. You've already been warned twice on the last page and you've got -10 karma already. You're pushing your luck, dude.  Grin
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2006, 07:59:21 AM »

i find it funny that some of the people (like dave) who got privilages from this site such as the new york pre-sale this spring, thanks to jarmo keeping the board clean and thus making the band trust and reward this site, now bash jarmo and the same site for not allowing enough shit about the band to be posted. can anybody say hypocracy?

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2006, 07:36:41 PM »

what was mercks letter implying?

and was it Merck AKA Cheap jon or merch, gnrs management?

JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2006, 08:29:58 PM »

merck  Roll Eyes hes the reason CD has been held up this whole time

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #192 on: December 20, 2006, 09:47:03 PM »

what was mercks letter implying?

and was it Merck AKA Cheap jon or merch, gnrs management?

The manager option.
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #193 on: December 22, 2006, 06:02:55 PM »

Even tought i still think that Jarmo is nothin' but a Double Talkin Jive, the fact that Merck's open letter has been banned to discuss in this forum is fucking delicious.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #194 on: December 27, 2006, 01:21:41 AM »

This is a GN'R site which means this is where you'll find things the band wants their fans to know, such as the letter from Axl.

I feel honoured that the band have chosen this site to be one of the channels used to reach out to us fans. It's definitely not something I ever imagined happening when I started the site over ten years ago.

With that in mind, other people, who aren't involved with the band, might not be able to get their messages posted here. They probably have other ways of getting their messages across anyway.

Like the message on VR's site earlier this year, like all the stupid digs at the band that various people have taken. I don't feel like I have to give people like that more publicity by posting their comments.

In many cases these articles and such are full of lies and speculation. The only thing that comes out of those discussions are posts filled with "these guys suck!", "what a bunch of idiots", "they're right!" and so on.

I don't feel like we need to have that kind of discussions.

I'm speaking generally here and regarding the question in this thread, I can only say it's business as usual as far as I'm concerned. You have Axl's letter here, whatever the rest of the world says is posted somewhere else.

Thank you for understanding.

/jarmo

Well put Jarmo!

can you tell us if HTGTH is still financially supported by GNR (bandwidth or your salary, for example)?

and we know that you'll be honest, right?Huh hihi
[/quote  I would find that to be a pretty personal question, with no merit for an answer.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #195 on: December 31, 2006, 09:44:08 AM »

This is the only site i have seen that is as controlling over what people are discussing ..it's rather odd considering it is a 'fan forum'.

Now i understand the site has backing from GNR's people. SO if someone is throwing accusations around - that have certain legal issues around them or a poster is? constantly abusive. Then fair enough, they should be warned and then banned if they continue.? But to delete posts or censor discussions. Or to pissed that people bring up certain subjects that crop up once in a while.....? If they crop up, then people want to talk about them. New people are joining and may want to talk - to learn something about this band - they should be allowed to do so without people jumping down their throats.?

I have been coming here for years and it's these passionate views and discussions - when there was no news, that helped build this sites reputation.? ?I have never had any problems with Jarmo or any of the mods. Jarmo you have created this cool site, it must have been great for you to see this site grow so much - respect to you.? But if no one came here and no one discussed anything, it would soon go away. As other sites before it.

And to tell people they can go elsewhere is just rude.? considering they keep the board alive.? People love GNR old or new, most of us love/enjoy both.? Also the side projects and bands that have worked with outside of GNR.? If someone brings up an old subject, or frustrations - we all know where they are coming from at least.? Then maybe those who don't want to discuss it again, should simply stay out of the discussion? And let the post either fade away or be discussed as people wish.? ?

Now ok it maybe only a GNR discussion board, slightly trivial to get bothered about... but freedom of speech is such an important thing.? ?I have noticed a few threads just dissapear. There was one in the VR section last night with the photoshopped pic of Axl and Slash together.? Causing no harm, was a light hearted thread. Today it's gone? And reading this section here for the 1st time, it seems to be a regular thing.? And it's concerning? for a site we all enjoy.? If you tell enough people to piss off, then there will be no site.? Anyway respect to you all,? Happy New Year.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #196 on: December 31, 2006, 10:11:11 AM »

"Either get on board, or fuck off."
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #197 on: December 31, 2006, 10:30:40 AM »

"Either get on board, or fuck off."

You tell him AdZ  beer
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #198 on: January 05, 2007, 08:21:43 PM »

I'm disappointed that the guy who wrote "one in a million", now needs someone to censor his own ex manager in front of a bunch of internet geeks.

kinda makes him look like a wimp when he has jarmo(no disrespect) looking out for him.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #199 on: January 05, 2007, 11:45:39 PM »

i find it funny that some of the people (like dave) who got privilages from this site such as the new york pre-sale this spring, thanks to jarmo keeping the board clean and thus making the band trust and reward this site, now bash jarmo and the same site for not allowing enough shit about the band to be posted. can anybody say hypocracy?

Uh...pass the dictionary please.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: