Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 04:45:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  ok, I've gotta' ask....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ok, I've gotta' ask....  (Read 36375 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« on: July 20, 2007, 01:59:51 AM »

what happened to the topic about the Key Club show on 7/28?  The one where where Adler was babbling about who the "very special guests" might be.  When I left for work, it was there, and when I came home, hours later, it was gone.  Why?  What happened?  I know I didn't dream this or make it up - it was there and is now gone. 
EFISH
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 02:11:13 AM »

Welcome to Here Today... Gone To Hell!  Tongue
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 03:18:19 AM »

Here Today...where the hell did it go? 
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 04:22:52 AM »

You know how Steve mentioned that met up with Axl at a Vegas club. Well, the thread with those 'doctored' photos also got deleted.....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 10:20:47 AM »

If people can't learn to post stuff in the right section it's not my fucking problem.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 10:49:09 AM »

Hey! Hammerpants!  ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 11:04:08 AM »

Ok, since no one's really answered this question, I'm left to assume that the topic got pulled because of one of the following:

1.? It was all bullshit.

2.? It's all true and the topic was pulled because it's supposed to be kept in absolute secrecy because Axl is going to be there, as well.?

3.? Scott Weiland's name was mentioned somewhere.

4.? People started arguing over who and what is better and it got out of hand.

So, which of the above is it?   Why such silence? 

I, for one, was pretty excited about the prospect, and was interested in reading about it.   

« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 11:07:19 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 12:08:02 PM »

If people can't learn to post stuff in the right section it's not my fucking problem.

It was posted in the ex-gunners section, which seems ok because it was quoting Steven Adler who also talked about three other ex-gunners. Ok, two of those are in VR, but as it was quoting Adler, surely it's ok?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 12:58:48 PM »

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 09:14:40 PM »

So is that the answer? or were you referring to the topic that stolat mentioned?

And if something is posted in the wrong section, then why not just move it to where you want it?  Why delete something? 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 09:27:21 PM »

why do you have to question every single decision the mods make?   are they obligated to explain every single thread?   

Just because Steven Adler is trying to draw attention to himself in stupid ways doesn't mean we have to give it to him.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 09:51:32 PM »

why do you have to question every single decision the mods make?? ?are they obligated to explain every single thread?? ?

Just because Steven Adler is trying to draw attention to himself in stupid ways doesn't mean we have to give it to him.

Hey, I wasn't asking you.  Unless you happen to know the answer, here.  I just thought that the topic was of interest, especially since someone mentioned that the Key Club had advertised "very special guests".  So, I thought there might be something to it.  Sorry.  Guess I was the only one who thought that. 

BTW, I don't question every single decision the mods make.........where did that come from?  I had one question about one topic - granted, we see that a lot "what happened to my thread?", but sometimes one wonders........ 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 10:23:46 PM »

why do you have to question every single decision the mods make?   are they obligated to explain every single thread?   

Why do you care what she asks?  Roll Eyes
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 10:59:17 PM »

Why do you care what she asks?  Roll Eyes

I dont. I'm just sick of the 'why was my thread deleted' topics.   
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 11:15:21 PM »

I dont. I'm just sick of the 'why was my thread deleted' topics.   

Might as well get used to 'em, I don't predict any slow down on the mods end. Besides, I think many people have legit questions sometimes. Some do not of course, but others really would like to know what the deal is, and I don't think it is necessarily outlandish or outrageous to ask.

Maybe the mods could have a sticky thread for just that, kind of like the karma thread, explaining why. That way, people aren't left scratching their heads, and creating these threads.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 01:15:12 AM »

Hey wait a second... This is a smiley only post  hihi Wheres the negative karma?!?!  rofl
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 01:41:25 AM »

Only on a Guns N' Roses fan site message board could 80% of the line-up that recorded and is responsible for the bands biggest album ever (and almost half the current line-ups setlist every night) playing together in commemoration of it not be considered news worthy. Certainly seems a little peculiar considering how rare an occasion it is to have them in the same room possibly playing together, but to each his own I guess.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2007, 07:26:50 AM »

Maybe the mods could have a sticky thread for just that, kind of like the karma thread, explaining why. That way, people aren't left scratching their heads, and creating these threads.

Oh trust me, u don't want that thread...

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007, 11:01:03 AM »

I think it's a good idea, considering the amount of topics, just like this one, that appear.  Lock it so no one can whine about it or reply to it, but when a topic is deleted, the mod can give a simple explanation there.  Deleted because.....whatever, and leave it at that. 
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 11:07:20 AM »

Only on a Guns N' Roses fan site message board could 80% of the line-up that recorded and is responsible for the bands biggest album ever (and almost half the current line-ups setlist every night) playing together in commemoration of it not be considered news worthy. Certainly seems a little peculiar considering how rare an occasion it is to have them in the same room possibly playing together, but to each his own I guess.

Exactly.? I sort of feel like I'm talking to myself, here, like no one else seems to care....so I've narrowed my list down to 2 reasons why it was deleted:

1.? It really was a bullshit story, and I have no more reason to go on, or
2.? It is true, and there's this conspiracy of secrecy about it.? It's a conspiracy.......... hihi

« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 11:10:19 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: