Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:28:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Mods (you, too, Jarmo) - lets settle this. (aka: Bias is fun, isn't it?)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mods (you, too, Jarmo) - lets settle this. (aka: Bias is fun, isn't it?)  (Read 42631 times)
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2003, 12:33:12 PM »

well, he did cross the line.  there's a difference between having rules and making up  shit as you go along.  there was nothing wrong with that thread.  it was just a way to kill some time, it was fun.  jarmo's power crazy.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2003, 12:33:25 PM »

Chris,

Try not sucking up so much and actually READ what dave-guns posted.  

He expressed an opinion that seems to be shared by quite a few people.  Which is, basically, why lock the thread when it isn't hurting anyone?  I don't know the guy from adam, but I guarantee you some of those other 10,000+ reads of that thread come from people with opinions like his.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2003, 12:36:45 PM »

Now, I might be crazy but, why start you're own board if you're not gonna use it?

Dark - I have nothing against you, it's just that that thread is really, really, really annoying.

You guys have places to discuss this, and yeah, at one point i was interested, I'll totally admit that.  But now it's just.... sad.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2003, 12:37:44 PM »

jarmo has been itching to lock that thread since the day it opened.  you know, this board used to be nothing until gnrx closed down, and now jarmo thinks he's the king of the gnr world.  i hadn't always agreed with the way you've run things but i've always given you the benefit of the doubt.  at least you let people speak their minds and now you're not.  you might as well start banning people left and right because this is a fucking joke.  this whole board has turned into a fucking joke.  there is absolutely no new news on the grn front.  if this keeps some of us busy, then why the fuck not just let it be.  its away in the jungle board where no one goes anyway.  i never thought you'd be such a nazi jarmo, i really didn't.  you crossed the line man.  you should either open that thread back up or start banning people because this has put a thorn in the sides of many people.

You seem to know me really well.  Roll Eyes

I was never into competing between boards or sites. I'd love to see Chris get GNRX back as soon as possible because it was a pretty cool place if you ask me.

If you think the only reason I have the site and board is to be "the king of the GN'R world", then you haven't been looking that close.

But I don't care. I know why I do things, you might have your own ideas, but as I said I don't care.....

You wont discuss it any further because, when you begin to lose an argument to logic, you back away.  I've seen you do it before, so I'm not particularly surprised by your choice of action in this case.  That's ok, I accept your retreat with humbleness and compassion.  

How can I lose the arguement? I have the facts I need.

You might argue about the sun revolving around the earth and I had the fact that pointed out it was the other way around. Why would I want to continue?

It's pointless.

And, remember, I'd still save you if you were drowining in a lake - can you say the same for me?

Yes, because I don't hate you. I might disagree with the way you do things or what things you do, but there's no hate involved.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Chris Misfit
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2003, 12:37:45 PM »

jarmo's power crazy.

True, his main aim in life is to delete threads. Go away.

Try not sucking up so much and actually READ what dave-guns posted.  

He expressed an opinion that seems to be shared by quite a few people.  Which is, basically, why lock the thread when it isn't hurting anyone?  I don't know the guy from adam, but I guarantee you some of those other 10,000+ reads of that thread come from people with opinions like his.

So? It was funny. He's getting very wound up.

Go compile a list of people that want the thread re-opened. That'll give you something to do, for a while.

And I hardly think winding you guys up so much, is helping Jarmo in any way, therefore I am not sucking up.

Thanks.

darknemus
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2003, 12:39:11 PM »

Now, I might be crazy but, why start you're own board if you're not gonna use it?

Dark - I have nothing against you, it's just that that thread is really, really, really annoying.

You guys have places to discuss this, and yeah, at one point i was interested, I'll totally admit that.  But now it's just.... sad.

Who started their own board?  Are you referring to my history of gnfr site?  I started that to try to answer some of the questions people had.  I dont run any board.  We were tucked away here in one nice, neat little corner not bothering anyone that didnt want to be involved.  

Adz, come on, alot of threads are really really annoying - they're not treated the same way. Think about it.  I have nothing against you, either - but seriously, THINK about it.  What the hell is wrong with the thread?

-darknemus

darknemus
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2003, 12:41:20 PM »

Chris,

So you're giving me permission to begin a poll in the Jungle in regards to opening the thread back up?  I'd love to do just that.  Sounds like fun, perhaps we can see, objectively, how many people DO want it opened back up?

Care to accept that?  I mean, you yourself just suggested it - only not in quite so many words.

-darknemus
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 12:43:39 PM by darknemus » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2003, 12:41:34 PM »

Why don't you see the positive in this? We're giving people another reason to join your MSN club thing.... Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2003, 12:42:34 PM »

Why don't you see the positive in this? We're giving people another reason to join your MSN club thing.... Cheesy

/jarmo

Umm, Jarmo, the MSN club thing isn't mine.  I was asked to help run it, that's all.  Just like HTGTH isn't Chris's.  he just likes to mod here Smiley

-darknemus

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2003, 12:43:37 PM »

What about that blatigos corner thing?
oh, and the msn club Wink
i mean, for real, how many people actually reading the thread know what a 'ping' is, or what the big deal is with them changing their I.P? I'm guessing not many.
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2003, 12:45:04 PM »

What about that blatigos corner thing?
oh, and the msn club Wink
i mean, for real, how many people actually reading the thread know what a 'ping' is, or what the big deal is with them changing their I.P? I'm guessing not many.

What about them?  I didnt start them.  Unless you guys think I'm like Manson with a legion of followers or something - the people who started those projects did it of their own free will. Yeesh.

-darknemus

Chris Misfit
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2003, 12:45:34 PM »

So you're giving me permission to begin a poll in the Jungle in regards to opening the thread back up?  I'd love to do just that.  Sounds like fun, perhaps we can see, objectively, how many people DO want it opened back up?

Care to accept that?  I mean, you yourself just suggested it - only not in quite so many words.

No.

What I meant was a few people have said "it gave something to do/discuss" so why not PM as many people as you can about the GNFR.com thread and send the results somewhere. That should entertain you for a while.

Or you could take up Cricket, I hear that's good for killing time.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2003, 12:47:49 PM »

What about them?  I didnt start them.

Can't you discuss it there? Undecided
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2003, 12:48:49 PM »

Oh no, my friend.  You're not backpedaling out of this quite so easily.

Here's what you said

Go compile a list of people that want the thread re-opened. That'll give you something to do, for a while.

Now - how would you suggest I do that?  I'm not going to disturb random users with PM's, as that's just unclassy.

So why dont we go with the poll thing?  I mean, you seem so sure that people think its a waste of time and that we should get out more.  So, come on, have some cojones and lets try it.  We'll see what kind of response there REALLY is.  When the response kicks you in the face, expect me to be there to pick you up, too - because its not personal.. its just a matter of principle.

-darknemus

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2003, 12:49:11 PM »

I didn't mean that club is dark's. I meant yours as in the people who are interested in the riddles.

You have a club dedicated to that site, what's the big deal about moving the discussion there? Why is that impossible?

/jarmo

darknemus
Legend

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2003, 12:50:14 PM »

Can't you discuss it there? Undecided

What the hell is wrong with discussing it here, where it already has a core audience interested in what happens?

-darknemus

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2003, 12:50:14 PM »

Dark - why do we need the poll? Why don't you just discuss it at the msn group?

Edit: posted at the same time as dark - because we don't want it here? 'nuf said.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 12:51:42 PM by AdZ » Logged
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2003, 12:52:38 PM »

Dont look at me.  Look at your fellow mod, Chris, who said.. "Go compile a list of people that want the thread re-opened. That'll give you something to do, for a while." - now how can I compile a list of those people at a place other than where the thread was closed?

Hmm?

Logic sucks, I know - but it serves me well.

-darknemus

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2003, 12:53:37 PM »

What the hell is wrong with discussing it here, where it already has a core audience interested in what happens?

Because we've had enough.

Judging by who's posting in this thread, the core audience seems to be part of the chatroom so they already know about the club.

/jarmo

dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2003, 12:53:46 PM »

there was a perfectly fine and active thread here.  why should people have to go somewhere else to talk about it?  its not like there's so much going on here that it's taking up space or anything.  this is a fucking message board where people come to talk, why send them elsewhere?  

yes yes yes.  no no no.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: