Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:25:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Someone Explain the whole "New Voice" Thing With Axl
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Someone Explain the whole "New Voice" Thing With Axl  (Read 3015 times)
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« on: December 19, 2004, 11:19:59 PM »

I've heard a few things like surgery and things like that, but I know someone has to know.  Thanks!

The Devil hates a loser
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 11:37:53 PM »

There's this rumour that he had his nodules removed, this affect the voice

I think that the changes has 2 do with a past spent destroying the vocal chords and age

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
awhellzno05
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 08:56:07 PM »

When did that rumor surface?  Was it after RIR3 because I think his voice sounded better then then it did during the 02 tour.

The Devil hates a loser
VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 11:53:22 AM »

I hope his voice sounds better in recording if Chinese Democracy is ever released.  If he hasn't already, he needs to get a vocal coach to help preserve his voice, because it sounded awful on the '02 tour.  The range still seems as good as it's ever been, but he has no tone.  His voice just sounds weak.  You want to hear a difference?  Listen to Axl on the '02 tour and then listen to him on "Sweet Child O' Mine" in the Live in Tokyo DVD.  In my opinion those are both extremes that sound pretty shitty, but there is a major difference to be observed.  By the way, why couldn't he just clear his throat on that recording on Live in Tokyo?  The verse sounds terrible.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
awhellzno05
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 04:30:51 PM »

Something needs to be done.  Hopefully he's not in denial about the fact that his voice isn't what it used to be.  It just has no depth anymore (yet he hits high notes better than he used to), but he also seems to be inconsistent (his vocals give-out on him and his voice kind of cracks).  I'm sure it'll sound fine in the studio recordings though.  I think he can still hit those notes its just harder for him.  Jon Bon Jovi sounds the same on studio tracks as he did back in the day, but he sounds different when he sings live.

The Devil hates a loser
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 11:24:32 PM »

I think Axls voice sounds fantastic on the 2002 tour. KOHD sounds unbelieveable and with the little vocals fils in the chorus but i think his scream could be alot better atm its more of a high pitched yell then a scream. His scream during the 1993 leg of the tour was the best but some of the songs from RIR3 i thought was one of the worst performances of axl i had ever seen. But apart from that His voice kicks the fuck outta any other motherfucker.

P.s. Is there any video from the new years shows from 2001 n 2002.

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 06:39:27 AM »

P.s. Is there any video from the new years shows from 2001 n 2002.

no, not leaked at least, i asked some people if they saw i film crew...

i think willow was there, ask ok

i think he just shreddin the screams now, but sound weaker on the verses

i really like in pukkelpop where he screams, They push me in a corner just to get me to fight but
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 06:42:29 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 11:59:43 PM »

yeah, in rir3, it was pretty darn shabby my friends!  I guess that's age---and I mean, he probably kicked the sh*t out of his voice since he screamed (ie. his singing voice is pretty amazing---he screams like a motha----) during all those concerts when gnr toured.
It's unfortunate that with age, his voice is deteriorating....(unlike an instrument were it doesn't matter how old it is...)   Axl's speakin voice on the other hand sounds ok, not much different (has that deep sexy voice)....I just guess he had one of the most unusual and most difficult to impersinate voices since he had such good range and strength!

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: