Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:39:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  What's the deal with the record label??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's the deal with the record label??  (Read 1808 times)
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: February 03, 2005, 06:05:23 AM »

are GN'R still signed to Geffen??
i take it they are coz 'Oh My God' was a Geffen release.

just wondering if anyone knows the inside-out on the contract that GN'Rs have with Geffen, most musicians contracts are for a certain time period or number of albums but the thing is how come GN'R have got away with having the 'Chinese Democracy' release date pushed back so much.

other high profile artists such as U2 have had their release dates forced on them (like the 'Pop' album - they had to release it even thou they know it wasn't finished - then went back to finish some tracks on their 'Best Of 90 - 00' album,) while Prince had the opposite problem of wanting to release too many albums a year, which Warner wouldn't allow (hence his "slave" years)

i take it's just down to Geffen having a huge amount of trust in Axl with 'Chinese Democracy', i just can't believe how he hasn't had a release date forced on him yet, (it's even more amazing considering that he's the only original member in the band and still has that freedom!!)

so anyone know what the deal is with the GN'R contract?
if it's for a certain time period then it could give us an idea of when 'Chinese Democracy' may be out...  Huh

(i posted this here coz i don't know if it's asked alot or not!!)

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 06:46:06 AM »

The news article on Sanctuary's web site mentions that Axl has recorded new material for Universal Music (which owns Geffen). So I guess GN'R are still signed to them.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: