Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:20:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  people demanding an album from axl
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: people demanding an album from axl  (Read 4461 times)
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« on: June 29, 2005, 06:41:36 PM »

it's kind of ridicilous how people are demanding that axl releases chinese democracy. axl doesn't owe people anything, matter of fact we should be happy that he's doing another guns album, rather than moan about how long it takes. i can understand the demand for it, but people really should just calm down. when it drops, it drops, and that day will be sweet. until then, let axl do his thing, after all he's the one who knows what needs to be done to complete this project, not us. people seem to forget that this is the same axl rose that did things his excact own way with the illusion albums, this is the same axl rose that caused the st. louis riot and several other riots, this is the same axl that conquered the world with his screaming voice, amazing songs and incredible stage persona. he's only a few years older. judging by some of the posts on this message board people expect him to be considerate as to what other people expect from him. that was never axl rose, and that will probably never be axl rose. he does things his own way, and that what makes him so great.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 06:47:48 PM by August 15th » Logged

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 09:03:29 PM »

it's kind of ridicilous how people are demanding that axl releases chinese democracy. axl doesn't owe people anything, matter of fact we should be happy that he's doing another guns album, rather than moan about how long it takes. i can understand the demand for it, but people really should just calm down. when it drops, it drops, and that day will be sweet. until then, let axl do his thing, after all he's the one who knows what needs to be done to complete this project, not us. people seem to forget that this is the same axl rose that did things his excact own way with the illusion albums, this is the same axl rose that caused the st. louis riot and several other riots, this is the same axl that conquered the world with his screaming voice, amazing songs and incredible stage persona. he's only a few years older. judging by some of the posts on this message board people expect him to be considerate as to what other people expect from him. that was never axl rose, and that will probably never be axl rose. he does things his own way, and that what makes him so great.

BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 09:30:35 PM »

it's not so much a demand of the album release, but more so an announcement/update from axl.  being left in the dark is the necessarily evil of being a GN'R fan, I guess. 

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 10:04:55 PM »

well, it has died somewhat down now but not too long ago this board was flooded with insults thrown axl's way about how he should "respect his fans" and "just release the damn album". the point i was trying to make was that we really don't know what's going on with that album and that axl doesn't owe us shit. i suppose that point has been made before, but nevertheless.

mrsaxlrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 10:37:05 PM »

why did u start this thread again?  it will just be moved to the Dead Horse section again

Yes, dammit, I WILL be Mrs. Axl Rose someday soon....
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 10:55:17 PM »

meh what else is new? people have been demanding it for 5 years now

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
journey
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 02:20:05 AM »

well, it has died somewhat down now but not too long ago this board was flooded with insults thrown axl's way about how he should "respect his fans" and "just release the damn album". the point i was trying to make was that we really don't know what's going on with that album and that axl doesn't owe us shit. i suppose that point has been made before, but nevertheless.

Are you trying to tell us something with your username?? hihi

I'm looking forward to Chinese Democracy, but my life doesn't revolve around its release. Besides, there's already a few great songs from the cd to keep people tied over. The Blues, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy and I.R.S. are great songs.? I'm optimistic about it. And I think it's cool that Axl is taking his time with it, because art can't be rushed.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 02:27:23 AM by journey » Logged
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 02:26:29 AM »

agh i hate people saying "axl doesnt owe us anything" well fuck it, then why bother with this whole saga of the GNR name, hiring musicians, ruining the GNR legacy, make announcements and false promises,etc if your not going to deliver.
ITs stupid, he doesnt owe us anything technically but with all the charade it gets annoying this eternal delay.
journey
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 02:29:57 AM »

agh i hate people saying "axl doesnt owe us anything" well fuck it, then why bother with this whole saga of the GNR name, hiring musicians, ruining the GNR legacy, make announcements and false promises,etc if your not going to deliver.

What did he ever promise?

Please give an example, because I missed it.
dustNroses
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 03:54:58 AM »

His record label must be very very understanding, But then again.. The greatest hits was only released because he promised to deliver a long time ago and nothing came, Everyone knows that trying to stop the release of Gnrs greatest was the only thing that Axl, slash & co agreed on. Therefore i think if he owes the record to anyone, He owes it to his label.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 04:17:59 AM »

What did he ever promise?

Please give an example, because I missed it.

I caught the sarcasm, but here's Axl promising a new album that will surpass all of his previous efforts:

GN'R North American tour press release

Nearly nine years have passed since Guns N' Roses embarked on their last world tour. Fortunately, the most important piece is still in place and for people wondering where Axl Rose has been, he's been busy writing and recording a new album, "Chinese Democracy", that promises to surpass all of his previous efforts.

"Someone else wrote that... That's not straight from Axl's mouth..." blah, blah blah....  Axl put someone in a position to promote his new work like this, so in my book that counts as a promise from Axl that he will deliver an album.

Axl is an asshole and he probably WON'T come through, but don't say "He doesn't owe us anything", because he does.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 04:34:39 AM »

Axl can take another 20 years if he wants but he owes us that album.

He helped orchestrate the breakup of one of the greatest bands of all time so he could do things his way

He has gave us so many empty promises even to be so bold to say there will be 3 albums.

how bout all the "see you next summers"

how bout the buckethead memo when he said a release date will be given within the next few months?

People can slurp and defend axl all they want

hey I got the guy tattooed on my forearm but I will call out someone regardless of how much I admire them and axl is being called out.

There is no timetable but God damn it he owes us Chinese democracy

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 08:24:19 AM »

well i'm not gonna defend what he said in the buckethead press release, but he did say "we hope to announce a release date within the next few months".
personally i'm satisfied with what axl has already given us, chinese democracy, which is a new guns album (just the thought of that is absurd so of course it has to be perfected), is just more of a big bonus in my eyes. imagine what he has to live up to, releasing a new album under the guns n' roses name, following the use your illusion albums. we should be happy he's even doing it. i'm looking forward to it alot but i'm not gonna demand that he releases it. no way. btw i made another thread because the dead horse section generates no replies. peace
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 08:26:50 AM by August 15th » Logged

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 11:40:09 AM »

"i think its ridiculous" you even made this thread, so many people have done the "axl doesnt owe anything" threads before. Its annoying to read and its to do with new GNR which is even more annoying.

html sucks
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 09:37:13 PM »

"i think its ridiculous" you even made this thread, so many people have done the "axl doesnt owe anything" threads before. Its annoying to read and its to do with new GNR which is even more annoying.

fuck you if you don't like it. i'm new here so how should i know which treads have been made before. fuck off.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: