Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:37:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl's Vocals.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's Vocals.  (Read 2793 times)
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« on: October 29, 2006, 06:01:16 PM »

Well axl has taken a bash for his vocals at times since hes come back latley though hes been better. Just to tell everyone who knows about music. Axl at his best was in the late 80's and now at times hes been like that. Hes not gonna sound like he did in 92. He was not singing good back then...his vopice was bottoming out it was strong though and never sounded like he was singing in offnotes becuz he was not actually trying to sing notes. he is now and i like it especially with the melody he does on paradise city.

Anyways i like it when he uses his voice as a bit gritty but not crazy like 92. for the ppl at the shows recently what styles has he been using?

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 06:07:45 PM »

Eh, it depends on how tired or strong his voice was.

To me, the 2006 shows, at least the most recent, after the rest from Inland Invasion, his voice sounded like a mixture of late-80's & early-90's.

Certain songs he sounded AFD-tour on, certain songs he souned UYI-tour on, and the new songs he sounded 2002-tour on. Primarily The Blues. Chinese Democracy sounded like CD, but with the UYI-tour rasp.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 04:33:30 AM »

NOTICE: I'm trying to show how happy I am with Axl's voice right now, and how his voice kept growing with the last year's gigs.
Unless you're interested in comment or read about Axl's voice, you will not like it.

Hm I want to say something about that. When he was playing in Rock in Rio, his voice wasn't rasp in most of the songs. I was like "yea, Axl has lost his voice, I have to deal with it". When I heard some songs from download festival, wow... he had his rasp voice back in some songs. I was like "oh my God, Axl has got his voice back. He will sound even better in the future". After that, I heard Nova Rock songs. When I listened to madagascar I remembered the old Axl singing estranged. At that point I was sure that he had his rasp voice back. Not till the end of show, though. His voice in November Rain reminded me of the 2002 versions. When I heard Nightrain from Rock am Ring... I remembered I was showing that to just everyone ( rofl ). People used to say "yea, Axl isnt singing well anymore" in some boards. After that they just stopped saying that. But I knew that something was still wrong. His voice was a bit strange, and in the end he just couldn't keep the rasp voice. His voice on November Rain was getting good... but not the best. he could do better and I was totally sure of that. Alright, I thought he would keep the rasp voice till the end of show at some point of the tour. I remember when I downloaded the shows at wembley, manchester and a few others at the end of tour. Axl was keeping his rasp voice till almost the end of the show, lol. But his voice was just amazing. His voice on SCOM was closer to early 90's. His November Rain voice was raspy at some point. When I watched Inland Invasion show I had a shock. His voice on SCOM was really close to the live era version. He used rasp voice on november rain, but he couldn't keep the rasp voice in the high notes ("but loves always come and lovers always go (...)" ). He couldn't keep the rasp voice on high notes of Madagascar and the blues, but his voice was just killer. People were like "Wow Axl's voice is kinda impressive". I just told them "c'mon, people, I knew his voice was like that. You should download more GN'R gigs". So i kept downloading some gigs and his voice was better and better. When I downloaded the 12.20 show... I could say one word only: Wow. Just wow. His SCOM is damn close to the live era version. Robin solo is killer. His november rain voice (seriously) sounded like the version with Elton John. His voice is damn close to that version. He could keep the high notes with rasp voice in the whole show. And in the end... the whole Paradise City music with rasp voice. Not even a single word without his rasp voice. He kept the rasp voice even in the high notes of Madagascar and The blues.
A friend told me "dude, I like rock n' roll and Axl, but he lost his voice. He can't sing like he did before". I showed him Nightrain and Madagascar, so he told me "wow, you just made me shut the fuck up. I never thought Axl could sing well anymore, but he can".

Sorry by my english, i'm not a native english speaker. Smiley

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 05:18:18 AM »

He's gotten better, probably due to extensive coaching or maybe surgery, but he's 45 and will never sound like he once did. He can pull it off in a studio, but live although good will never be the same as it used to.

There's a reason he's dropped the UYI intro to Jungle and the SCOM outro (well there could be other reasons, but he doesn't do any of that stuff anymore).

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 05:48:20 AM »

He's gotten better, probably due to extensive coaching or maybe surgery, but he's 45 and will never sound like he once did. He can pull it off in a studio, but live although good will never be the same as it used to.

There's a reason he's dropped the UYI intro to Jungle and the SCOM outro (well there could be other reasons, but he doesn't do any of that stuff anymore).
do you mean the "chiiiiiiiillllddddd" part? He never did that in every show of the illusion tour. I don't know if he can do that, though. I thought he would never do that "Do you know where the fuck you are?" anymore, but he just did in all those 2006 shows and I liked a lot that. I never thought he could scream like he was doing in live and let die, but the guy can scream. My michelle is another example...
Hmm, the change in the intro to jungle I think it's only cause he wanted to. He never did a long scream like he did on rock am ring in the UYI tour... anyway, we don't know. He changed the November Rain intro (I like this new one, but the old one is just much better).
but yeah, he is 45 and I don't think he can use his voice like he once used.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: