Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:02:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Brain returns?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain returns?  (Read 22137 times)
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2007, 07:12:44 PM »

Damn true. They are drummers, they keep a beat. If you've seen one good drummer, you've seen them all.

Are you serious? So you're saying a jazz drummer is the same as a funk drummer is the same as a metal drummer?

No, I mentioned nothing about different genre's.

My point is - I don't care who plays drums in GNR as long as he's good and knows the stuff. And he will be - whoever he is - since Axl wouldn't have have him in the band otherwise.

This band ain't Led Zeppelin, so just who beats the skins for Axl these days is kinda irrelevant.
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2007, 08:29:13 PM »

Who really cares who the drummer is, i agree.  The band is Axl, thats why we all are here (except maybe the Pittman lovers).  Still I trust that axl will put guys on stage who can handle it.  I dont trust a lot about what Axl does/says, but i trust that.  I also think that if Addler can play the appetite stuff after having a stroke...it cant be that difficult.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2007, 09:10:24 PM »

Does anyone realize that bands, unless under some really truly bizarre circumstances, don't have two drummers? It would be something of an anomoly to say the least. This bullshit "Both Frank AND Brain are in the band ok" is really mind numbing. Right now, as far as we know, Frank is the drummer. If Brain is coming back as the drummer or if he were to, that means Frank's not the drummer anymore.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2007, 09:32:08 PM »

I think Brain'll come back when CD's released.

The wait's probably even more frustrating for the musicians than it is for the fans.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
madagas
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2007, 09:52:41 PM »

Of course it is, they have something personally invested. A lot of their personal and professional time has been dedicated to this project. They are workers and want to see the fruits of their work. That is what a majority of this board does not get. Yes, they may be and "are" Axl's or the Gnr brand's employees. But, they have invested so much personal time and, for lack of a better term, HEART that they are not your typical hired guns, especially Tommy and Robin.

Now, my point is, that the majority of this board has probably never had a single job or true responsibility in their life. So, they don't know what it is like to be 35-45 years old living in the music industry. These people have families to feed and mothers to take care of...they have financial responsibility. It is not a situation where the band members are 20 years old living on the streets....at 35-40, you do what is best, financially, for your future and for your family. When your 20.....SELF CENTERED, all or nothing. You can afford to take the risk.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2007, 09:53:33 PM »

The wait's probably even more frustrating for the musicians than it is for the fans.

I bet it's frustrating but I'm sure the fat pay check they get after every show they do soothes the pain  smoking
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2007, 09:58:39 PM »

I bet it's frustrating but I'm sure the fat pay check they get after every show they do soothes the pain? smoking

But Brain's an artist and a father too.? His music and his family are probably very important to him.?

I can understand why Axl would want to tour to raise money for finishing CD, but there's only so long he can expect his band to want to do that.? I doubt it's very creatively fulfilling for Brain to play twenty-year-old songs from a band he may not have even been a fan of.?

But that's just speculation.? I could imagine it'd be pretty frustrating to put years and years of your life into an album that you have no control over.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2007, 10:09:17 PM »

I bet it's frustrating but I'm sure the fat pay check they get after every show they do soothes the pain  smoking

But Brain's an artist and a father too.  His music and his family are probably very important to him. 

I can understand why Axl would want to tour to raise money for finishing CD, but there's only so long he can expect his band to want to do that.  I doubt it's very creatively fulfilling for Brain to play twenty-year-old songs from a band he may not have even been a fan of.

But that's just speculation.  I could imagine it'd be pretty frustrating to put years and years of your life into an album that you have no control over.

Well Brain has recorded music on other albums and toured with other bands since joining GnR.  For example the Colonel Claypool project and tour with Buckethead, Les Claypool and Bernie Worrell.  He has other creative outlets aside from Guns N Roses.   If he didn't want to be in GnR he wouldn't be. 

Brain and every other guy in the band made a hell of a lot of money last year on tour, I don't really feel sorry for guys who are getting paid a hell of a lot more money than I make or probably ever will make to go on world tours and play in front of sold out crowds.  Those guys have an amazing "job", they are getting paid very well to do something a lot of people would love an opportunity to do.  I'm sure they are frustrated by the delays of this album but there are a lot worse places to be than where they're at
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2007, 11:17:50 AM »

I imagine Brain will play on the North American tour.

So do I. 
providing the mail is legit, he is due to come back at some point maybe after the release.

The band is Axl, thats why we all are here (except maybe the Pittman lovers). 

Not me. Axl is the leader of the band and not the band itself.
a band is never solo. It consists of the musicians that are banded together.

to those who can't handle a badass sense of humour or sarcasm, take that! rant

"If Guns N Roses start up again, I'm in.
I love doing it and, as crazy as it is, I really miss being around all that.
I love being that rock guy where you're in a band, and it's about you and your music.
Being a hired gun is a different feeling-it's not your songs and it's all about the artist you're working for, which is cool
but with guns we were doing songs that I was a part of creating. And if the new album ever comes out, there are songs on there that I've had a hand in writing.

...So I went down and met the guys and Axl, and everyone was super cool. The whole guns thing really excited me and I think the record's incredible?it could be their LED Zeppelin* Ⅱ. I really have that feeling about it and I just hope it comes out."

*zep is one of his top 5 fav bands.

Brain in serious mode in late 2004 when the band was on hiatus.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=18296.0
acciu
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »

From a mail interview taken from another gnr forum:
//
Pat: Good day Brain! I know you are getting this question daily. Probably more often than that. However we at GnrDaily.com would like to know. Are you coming back to Guns N' Roses? If so when? If not, what are your future plans? And what have you working on lately? You have a great deal of support from the fans, most would love to see you back playing with Guns.

Brain: Not sure when I'll b coming back. I just finished working with Serj the singer from System of a Down. I did the drumz on his solo joint. Should b out in October.

Pat: I'm looking forward to Serj Tankians solo album. It should be awesome! I did hear somewhere you were playing on it. I guess this means you won't be on the first leg of the Guns N' Roses 2007 World Tour. Hopefully we will see you when the band comes back to the states. Anything you would like me to relay to the fans at GnrDaily.com?

Brain: Tell the fans I hope 2 c them out there when the album comes out.

Pat: Brain, just one more thing, and then I PROMISE to stop bothering you. We know that Frank Ferrer went in studio earlier this year to lay down or finish some tracks. What exactly he did is not public knowledge, and we respect that. However please tell us that your presence will still be felt on the album?

Thanks again for taking the time to put up with my crap!!

Brain: To my knowledge I?m still on 90% of the album.
//

Hey guys it seems things are turnin' on the wrong side for the band.
Well i mean ... i'm a big gn'r fan but are we really talkin' about a band??
I think we should start to call it Axl Rose solo project or Axl Rose and his hired musician...

Sigh
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2007, 10:14:27 AM »

I don't think this necessarily signifies that he won't be back. He said he didn't know when he'd be back. Headline needs a little more clarification.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2007, 11:28:39 AM »

the day you start calling them the axl rose band you stop being a fan of guns n roses
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2007, 12:55:56 PM »

I'm curious about the band's status - "owners" vs. "employees."? Jarmo brought it up, and I think it's an interesting discussion.

But I've never seen Frank act all arrogant about it.

/jarmo

I don't think he, or GNR, really has the profile that would allow us to find out if he was, at this point. Unless you spend time with him on a regular basis, and I didn't know...

does that mean he was any less important?

Im pretty damn sure Sorum wrote the drumparts for several of the UYI songs, not all of them were written while Adler was in the band.
either way, he's the one that recorded the drumparts that are on the album. he has a completely different style than Adler, so even if they are played after Adlers notes, they sound different with Sorum behind the kit. so in other words, he definately have set his mark on these albums. all the songs would have sounded pretty different with Adler on drums, even if he would be playing the same beats. it's all about swing and feel.

Im a bigger fan of Adlers playing than Sorums, but I think Sorum should get credit for what he did, no matter how he acts...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 01:03:19 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2007, 06:47:27 AM »

how could anyone think Brain sucks?? ?Dude is a fantastic drummer, nobody could possibly be serious with those kinds of comments.

Anything's possible.

You know how some think a certain former employee is the greatest drummer in the world.....

/jarmo

I assume the "former employee" remark was about Matt Sorum (a guy I'd never been a fan of until hearing the new songs from Libertad).

Here's what I've always wondered about that... Axl made a little dig at Matt by referring to him as an "former employee" instead of a bandmate, like Slash and Duff.? So if Axl considered (and still considers) Matt to have been an "employee," then does he think of Dizzy the same way?? They were both UYI additions to the band?? And if Axl considers Dizzy to be just an "employee," then what does that say about the rest of the band?
 A

Matt had no creative input on any GnR album.? He drummed over songs that were already written and played them on tour.? Dizzy we know for a fact has actually written songs for their new album.? Dizzy also wrote parts of Oh My God, so unlike Sorum he's actually been a credited writer on an official GnR release.? And will be again whenever CD finally gets released.? Robin, Tommy, Richard, Pitman, and Brain will all get writing credits at some point on CD as well.? So that's the difference between them and Sorum.? Although I think Matt is a really strong drummer, the truth is he never had any part in the creative process on an original Guns song

Steven Adler never had any part in writing a GnR song, yet he was still considered a fulltime member. The same can be said of many drummers (and bassists). Are you saying Phil Rudd was/isnt a full member of AC/DC? Of course he is.

Remember Dizzy had never written any of the songs on Live Era and didn't start contributing to the creative process until after those concerts were originally recorded. He still got listed as a fulltime, member as far as I know, even though his contribution was limited and less important than Matt Sorum, other than when he was playing parts originally recorded by Axl.

Its obvious Matt Sorum being called a former employee and additional musician and all that crap was motivated by a personal dispute. It was plain silly, immature and disrespectful. Then again, Matt's made a lot of silly mistakes with his past as well so I'm not trying to lay blame, just telling it as it is.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 06:57:06 AM by estrangedpaul » Logged

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2007, 08:20:12 AM »

the funniest thing ever is that clip "sorum beating a dead horse" rofl

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/ktklahti/matt_sorum_beating_a_dead_horse.mp3
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 08:23:29 AM by CheapJon » Logged
Dr_Sweden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2007, 09:37:05 AM »

i prefer frank as the drummer .... brain is good but frank is more of a rockdrummer .....
Steven adler had the groove back in the days .... matt was okej ..but he didnt rock ......
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2007, 03:04:06 PM »

From a mail interview taken from another gnr forum:
Brain: Tell the fans I hope 2 c them out there when the album comes out.

Brain: To my knowledge I?m still on 90% of the album.

I can't see how the comments can be taken negatively.

Brain is saying he's the drummer of cd.  We'll see him when cd's out.
Frank is great in the set like 2006. GNR has the bests.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2007, 03:55:05 PM »

still no official word on his status. its been over a year now since he took a leave of absence. why the silence? we know he has left, so why can't they say that?

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2007, 03:57:58 PM »

still no official word on his status. its been over a year now since he took a leave of absence. why the silence? we know he has left, so why can't they say that?

he has said that he will be back when the record is out..

but for me i'm glad if they just keep frank
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2007, 04:00:47 PM »

Please, you don't know anything about the guy.

/jarmo

He's made the comment more than once that as long as he gets paid he'll play.? Everyone knows what I'm talking about.? I don't like that.? I don't want that guy in GN'R if that's his attitude.? Frank loves it.

You sure do know alot of things about GNR..

So, how does the new album sound like ? Maybe you haven?t heard all the songs but at least 80% of e?m  ok

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: