Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:48:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Are you sick of the critics, bashers and haters?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are you sick of the critics, bashers and haters?  (Read 2182 times)
axl4ever
Opening Act

« on: October 30, 2008, 12:18:25 AM »

Look, we've all heard the leaks and the first single and most posts I've read, have been positive.  But there are the critics and bashers out there that are getting on my nerves.  Back in the day, Axl pissed off alot of critics/reporters and the bashers are just haters.  No matter what would have come out (not that Chinese Democracy the single is bad) but they were going to be negative no matter what.  The Axl bashing just gets old along with it's not the real GNR w/o Slash.  Let it go and enjoy the new.  I for one cannot wait until 11/23 for the actual album.  Look what's out there right now.  This is new compared to the stuff that has been done to death.   Music has changed for the worst.  The minute a song comes out that is popular, there are a dozen if not more trying to replicate it.  It's new, it's Axl and I don't care about who's in the band right now.  I'm just happy about the music.  There's reasons why this album has been talked about for years.  For one it's GNR and it's Axl.  Enjoy it.  It's finally here.  That's what matters.
tat2d1
Opening Act

i don't give a fuck

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 12:48:11 AM »

Who gives a fuck about critics. I'm convinced that most critics are just people that couldn't be successful in something, so they became a critic in an effort to make themselves feel better by talking shit about the people that are able to be successful. I  can't believe people get a paycheck for giving an opinion.

Half of the time I end up hating stuff (music,movies) that the critics love anyway.

Once there was this rock n roll band rollin' on the streets. Time went by and it became a joke. They just needed more and more fulfilling,uh huh. Time went by, it all went up in smoke.....
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 01:03:20 PM »

It's to be expected. I mean, there'll be the predictable "we waited 15 years for this?" comments by people who like to complain about things (ie. posters on Blabbermouth) but whatever. If people listen to this album expecting it to live up to the years of hype and rumours etc., they'll be disappointed. Just take it for what it is, an album, and enjoy it.

I like to think that if music critics - by which I mean professionals - are going to give CD a negative review (and let's face it, some will), they can give a reasonable explanation of why they don't like it. I'd rather they say what exactly they don't like, rather than "this sucks, session musicians, KFC buckets etc.". On the other hand, if a critic gives CD a good review, it could very well encourage people to buy it and boost sales. Critics don't just bash things. ok

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
wadey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 03:46:47 PM »

FUCK THE HATERS !

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 04:01:04 PM »

You think you're sick of it now?  Just wait til the fucking album gets released.  All you're gonna hear is that Axl is the only original member on the record.  And the fact that there were so many session players rather than an actual coherent band over the course of the recording is going to make the criticisms that much harsher.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: