Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 05:25:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Saddam sentanced to Death
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saddam sentanced to Death  (Read 33152 times)
Kid A
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2006, 11:11:34 PM »

Yeah, yet another victory for American Democracy.

How so?

Bush said so, on the news earlier on, well he didn't use the term American but you can tell that fascist was thinking it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2006, 11:12:23 PM »

We all know SLC gets an extra skip in his step when he hears the news of another GI killed, Its purely political to him.

That is about as rotten as it gets.

You should apologize for that.

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2006, 11:15:25 PM »

We all know SLC gets an extra skip in his step when he hears the news of another GI killed, Its purely political to him.

I kind of agree, I don't think you get off to hearing about another dead American.  Although I do believe that as the situation gets worse, you get a smile "knowing you were right" and hoping the American people take some kind of action.  Can you deny that?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2006, 11:16:43 PM »

I'm sure no one is happy to be right about American soldiers dying.  Embarrassed
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2006, 11:17:30 PM »

Lets be careful here. We were not allowed to talk about politics & foregn policy for awhile since people were getting real personal with attacking each other. Do we want that to happen again?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Kid A
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2006, 11:25:42 PM »

since people were getting real personal with attacking each other.

Like someone with the intials HH and CC.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 11:31:28 PM by Kid A » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2006, 11:25:52 PM »

I kind of agree, I don't think you get off to hearing about another dead American.  Although I do believe that as the situation gets worse, you get a smile "knowing you were right" and hoping the American people take some kind of action.  Can you deny that?

Of course not.

What do you mean by "take more action?"

This is not something I take lightly, nor is it something that I would ever be happy to be right on. I wish I was not right. How many dead now?

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2006, 11:28:23 PM »

Like someone with the intials HH.

What did I say? 

If someone is going to say something stupid, I'm going to point it out.  Hoping for more bloodshed in Iraq is pretty stupid to say.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2006, 11:31:19 PM »

Like someone with the intials HH.

What did I say? 

If someone is going to say something stupid, I'm going to point it out.  Hoping for more bloodshed in Iraq is pretty stupid to say.

I think that is very fair.

Is anybody really going to disagree with that?

Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2006, 03:05:27 AM »

This is all a bullshit show.

Once the Coalition troops pull out, that piece of land known as Iraq is going to be annexed by Iran.

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
allicatt
Opening Act

Tap it........unwrap it........

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2006, 04:00:13 AM »

Back to the topic of Saddam being sentenced to death...... I think loss of life whoever it is, is a terrible thing..... the killing on both sides for the Iraqi people and the soldiers serving in a desperate country under extremely difficult circumstances is tragic..... the why's and wherefores about how all this came about can and probably will be debated for a long time to come.... but in the meantime..... a dictator who murdered thousands of people has been sentenced to die..... whilst normally I would say nothing is achieved by this.... in this case I will make an exception..... to the Kurds who were massacared in such numbers.... for those who were taken away never to be seen again simply because they dared to air their disagreement..... for the women who were executed for daring to bare their heads..... I say the world is better off without the orchestrator of those tragedies.....

This is my personal view..... Im not asking anybody to agree with it.........

Alliecatts purr when they're stroked
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2006, 08:15:55 AM »

Brody has been smited for his comments so let that be the end of it.  This thread is pretty political so keep the peace or i'll definately lock it.  Any questions can be taken to PM.

I think life imprisonment would have been much more suitable - maybe in some secret underground prison like Dennis Hopper's in 24.  Hanging seems pretty barbaric to me.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2006, 08:26:46 AM »

GWB is in a sticky situations tho
saddam is all he has. but boasting about it will do more harm than good. there is no way he will use that for the elections, altho they pretty much timed it the way they needed too.

saddam,
he is not dead yet.
and i hope the EU can do something about before it's too late. we want to bring democracy to them? what about bringing civilized manners and ending capital punishement?

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2006, 09:09:46 AM »

Well, I'm not an advocate of the death penalty, but Saddam is.  Seems as though it came back to bite him in the ass, eh?

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2006, 09:17:09 AM »

It did, but the whole eye for an eye is really not progression on anyone's part. I don't support the death penalty, but a guilty person should understand the why's of the sentence. Especially when he has systematically killed a lot of innocent people. I don't like the idea of killing him, although I do understand that if the country's legislation at the moment has a death punishment for the crimes he has commited, he should accept it.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2006, 09:28:21 AM »

It did, but the whole eye for an eye is really not progression on anyone's part. I don't support the death penalty, but a guilty person should understand the why's of the sentence. Especially when he has systematically killed a lot of innocent people. I don't like the idea of killing him, although I do understand that if the country's legislation at the moment has a death punishment for the crimes he has commited, he should accept it.

Of course.  Perhaps in the future, with the evolution of democracy in Iraq, the people will abolish the death penalty.  Of course, with a democracy, it takes a long time to change the law.  Also, crimes are punishable by sentences that applied at the time that the crimes were committed.  At the time that Hussein conducted his systematic genocide, hanging was considered appropriate punishment for such a crime in Iraq.  So, he must face the music.

I'm hoping that Iraq reforms sometime in the future to eliminate capital punishment.  If that's not plausible, then the nation could at least vote to change how it kills people to a much more humane method.  Hanging is a pretty gruesome method of punishment, no matter how you look at it.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2006, 10:07:11 AM »

His conviction and death sentence relate solely to his 1982 massacre of 148 Shiites who were supposedly involved in an assassination plot against him back then.  I think it was a mistake on the part of the Iraqi Tribunal Council to not focus on the much more heinous crimes against humanity that he is said to be responsible for (gassing of Iraqi Kurds--killing 50,000-100,000, the 1991 massacre after a Kurdish Shiite uprising, the bombardment of villages, the employment of torture and disappearances, the waging of war against Iran, employing chemical weapons, and the invasion of Kuwait in 1990).
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2006, 11:12:12 AM »

I agree hanging sounds very barbaric. And the timing of it (for a trial that has been going on for months) seems dubious as it 'just so happens' to fall the weekend before election day. Seems to me like the big "suprise" Karl Rove had hidden that really the majority of the American public are actually pretty indifferent to. I don't think this will affect voting much either way.

My other problem with it, is that yes Hussein was a cruel leader. Murdering many of his own people, and the US assisted in bringing him to justice. But now we have North Korea's leader, Kim Jung Il, who is known to do the same and worse to his people. And Somalia and other African countries ruled by dictators. Do we go after them also? 

And if this massacre took place in 1982, why didn't we go after him in the 80''s when Iraq was our ally during the Iran-Iraq war? And when Rumsfeld met with Hussein on December 20th, 1983 when Rumsfeld MET WITH SADDAM HUSSEIN?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTldYbqlJc8
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2006, 12:26:33 PM »

problem is. this is no normal case.
the government has been placed by an exterior actor: the united states of america
without the clear consentement of the international society.
saddam is in his right not to accept it.
some lonely invador came, changed the rules of where you lived, and sentenced you along these new rules.

if this was done by the UN that would be something else.

one would be blind to think it's all about justice.

the world (and france number one) was providing iraq tanks and weapons to fight iran.
then it went the other way around.

anyway, this barbaric sentence just shows how stupid and retarded (in the sense of savage) the americans are, and they are comforting poor countries into the idea that you fight crimes by killing.

then in 5 years we'll we so shocked by discovering news about the iraq government sentencing to deaths hundreds of "terrorists"

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2006, 12:35:13 PM »

By which laws did they convict him?

Does the US even have hanging as a punishment? I thought they went with Iraq's laws. Though I do understand that the case is far from normal.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: