Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:11:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Saddam sentanced to Death
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saddam sentanced to Death  (Read 33170 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2006, 12:44:59 PM »

By which laws did they convict him?

Does the US even have hanging as a punishment? I thought they went with Iraq's laws. Though I do understand that the case is far from normal.

who apply the laws ? what court? judge ? jury ?
it's all staged.
i'd like saddam judged and sentenced, but by an international court such as LaHague, no fake court.
they gave him to the lions.

Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2006, 01:18:08 PM »

Rather then apologize for your comments you just lash out at all your "enemies".  That was a pretty despicable thing to say.  Own up to your retarded comment and apologize to everyone.

That ain't never gonna happen.

Fox thinks an apology is in order. There are other vets on this board who were offended by it.

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2006, 01:24:03 PM »

Does the US even have hanging as a punishment? I thought they went with Iraq's laws. Though I do understand that the case is far from normal.

it's all staged.
i'd like saddam judged and sentenced, but by an international court such as LaHague, no fake court.

True.. It does seem from the outside that the only reason that there even was a trial was so that it would look more clean to the outside world. I guess it's being played with an 'end justifying the means'-card but it's not really the best way to go.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2006, 01:43:29 PM »

it's all staged.

But his crimes were committed against his own country/people, not non-iraqis.  They should be the ones to try him, not an international court.  Whether or not the trial was fair and balanced is one thing, but i don't think you can argue his guilt.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2006, 02:07:10 PM »

it's all staged.

Indeed, indeed

If we lower ourselves to his level then what right do we have to try him at all?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Brody
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2006, 02:51:47 PM »

Rather then apologize for your comments you just lash out at all your "enemies".  That was a pretty despicable thing to say.  Own up to your retarded comment and apologize to everyone.

That ain't never gonna happen.

Fox thinks an apology is in order. There are other vets on this board who were offended by it.

and Brody doesn't give two shits what fox thinks! And no you all took my post out of context, I think the vets would be more offended by you!
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2006, 03:43:27 PM »

My one and only visit to this thread, i do not want to read the flamming i get.

We should of killed the guy years ago instead of wasting all this time and money in the place 15 or so years ago to be exact.

The guy is no good and tortured / killed many people, tried by his peers, hang the guy for all to see, and the next jerk off that gets out of line, throw another rope for him.

I'm leaving now, bye

Really I'm a nice guy but I was always and eye for eye type guy.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Brody
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2006, 03:48:06 PM »

My one and only visit to this thread, i do not want to read the flamming i get.

We should of killed the guy years ago instead of wasting all this time and money in the place 15 or so years ago to be exact.

The guy is no good and tortured / killed many people, tried by his peers, hang the guy for all to see, and the next jerk off that gets out of line, throw another rope for him.

I'm leaving now, bye

Really I'm a nice guy but I was always and eye for eye type guy.

Couldnt agree with you more, job should have been finished 15 years ago but we made a mistake. shit happens.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »

Wow, what a coincidence that the verdict is 2 days before the election.  Just a little reminder to all the Republican base of why we went there?  While I'll agree that Sadam was not a nice guy, what he did was to his own people.  Why is that the business of the US?  With this type of thinking shouldn't Clinton, Reno, et al be put on trial for what happened to the Branch Dividians?

I kind of agree with Bill Maher in that Sadam is needed more today in Iraq than ever before.  I think we seeing why he ruled the way he ruled.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2006, 04:18:25 PM »

Everyone of you knows Brody wasn't asking for more bloodshed. ?No more than John Kerry was calling the military dumb (although I first I assumed he did in error). ?Brody's comment wasn't nearly as misleading as Kerry's botched joke. ?Does Brody really think SLC rejoices everytime CNN reports another death? ?You'll have to ask him, but I highly doubt it. ?The truth remains that many of you "appear" vindicated everytime something bad happens. ?Rather than lash out at the terrorist pieces of shit that wound our countrymen, you lash out at Rumsfield and Bush. ?I'll be the first to admit they fucked up, but they're the lesser of two evils/wrongs here.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2006, 04:18:59 PM »

Wow, what a coincidence that the verdict is 2 days before the election.? Just a little reminder to all the Republican base of why we went there?? While I'll agree that Sadam was not a nice guy, what he did was to his own people.? Why is that the business of the US?? With this type of thinking shouldn't Clinton, Reno, et al be put on trial for what happened to the Branch Dividians?
I kind of agree with Bill Maher in that Sadam is needed more today in Iraq than ever before.? I think we seeing why he ruled the way he ruled.

Yep and don't forget Ruby Ridge, though Reno is to blame for this, not Clinton.  As much as I dislike him, he can't be blamed for every error or problem.... hint hint
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 04:21:30 PM by Randall Flagg » Logged
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2006, 04:20:31 PM »

hrm, ok,,,,

iyou guys are going to kill me for saying this, but I beleive that the world was a better, safer, more peaceful place when saddam was in power.  bush has killed several hundreds of thousands more people and has made it dangerous to be an american.

Honestly, for the greater good, I think saddam should be put back in power (he is the only one who has shown he can deal with the mess that is iraq) and bush should be tried for war crimes.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2006, 04:23:19 PM »

hrm, ok,,,,

iyou guys are going to kill me for saying this, but I beleive that the world was a better, safer, more peaceful place when saddam was in power.? bush has killed several hundreds of thousands more people and has made it dangerous to be an american.

Honestly, for the greater good, I think saddam should be put back in power (he is the only one who has shown he can deal with the mess that is iraq) and bush should be tried for war crimes.

How is it more dangerous to be an American?  When was the last attack here?  Before we invaded Iraq 3000 people died, on American soil.  None have died here since due to Iraq.   Intended or not, all the Islam extremist are flocking to Iraq and it's there they are fighting.  I'd rather fight a proxy war in Iraq then in the streets of America.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2006, 04:24:12 PM »

hrm, ok,,,,

iyou guys are going to kill me for saying this, but I beleive that the world was a better, safer, more peaceful place when saddam was in power.  bush has killed several hundreds of thousands more people and has made it dangerous to be an american.

High ranking officials have said the same thing.

I would not be surprised if the US installs another dictator in there to try and reign the place in again (and that has been discussed as well.)

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2006, 04:25:13 PM »

None have died here since due to Iraq.

sadly enough, george bush has killed more americans in iraq than were killed during 911  Cry

and he still can't tell us why we're there.

how can americans get so angry at saddam when bush does the same fucking thing to his people?

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2006, 04:25:37 PM »

hrm, ok,,,,

iyou guys are going to kill me for saying this, but I beleive that the world was a better, safer, more peaceful place when saddam was in power.? bush has killed several hundreds of thousands more people and has made it dangerous to be an american.

I would not be surprised if the US installs another dictator in there to try and reign the place in again (and that has been discussed as well.)

Show me where GOP officials have discussed this. ?If a dictator is installed, it will be by Democrats who will have gained control of congress after tomorrow.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2006, 04:26:17 PM »

How is it more dangerous to be an American?  When was the last attack here?  Before we invaded Iraq 3000 people died, on American soil.  None have died here since due to Iraq.   Intended or not, all the Islam extremist are flocking to Iraq and it's there they are fighting.  I'd rather fight a proxy war in Iraq then in the streets of America.

Well the latest report from the National Intelligence Estimate says we are less safe and that Iraq has created more terrorists.

I'd take that pretty darn seriously.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2006, 04:27:15 PM »

None have died here since due to Iraq.

sadly enough, george bush has killed more americans in iraq than were killed during 911? Cry

and he still can't tell us why we're there.

how can americans get so angry at saddam when bush does the same fucking thing to his people?

American serviceman exist to defend American people. ?They are defending us by keeping the terrorist at bay in Iraq and not in our cities. ?Do I want to take a bullet for an Iraqi, fuck no. ?But I'll gladly do my service in Iraq to make sure they don't come over here.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2006, 04:27:34 PM »

hrm, ok,,,,

Show me where GOP officials have discussed this.  If a dictator is installed, it will be by Democrats who will have gained control of congress after tomorrow.

RandallFlagg, I think you're forgetting something here:

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2006, 04:28:32 PM »

Everyone of you knows Brody wasn't asking for more bloodshed.  No more than John Kerry was calling the military dumb (although I first I assumed he did in error).  Brody's comment wasn't nearly as misleading as Kerry's botched joke.  Does Brody really think SLC rejoices everytime CNN reports another death?  You'll have to ask him, but I highly doubt it.  The truth remains that many of you "appear" vindicated everytime something bad happens.  Rather than lash out at the terrorist pieces of shit that wound our countrymen, you lash out at Rumsfield and Bush.  I'll be the first to admit they fucked up, but they're the lesser of two evils/wrongs here.

We can't control who the terrorists decide to kill, but we can control who put the troops in their line of fire to begin with.  You can't kill what you can't shoot at.  Iraq has become a magnet for people who want to kill Americans.  It'd be a lot harder for them to do so if nobody was in Iraq to begin with.  They'd prob be killing each other.

I think its obvious that we're not applauding the insurgents when they get a kill.  To even think for a second that is the case is repulsive.  Those who disagree with the war do so b/c they don't want to see our troops, fellow americans, killed in the first place. 

Did you read Pat Tillman's brother (who like his brother served in the military) open letter regarding the war?  If not, you should.  Very strong words from someone who served and who lost a family member who also served.

Flagg, i'm also glad you realized that Kerry's words were taken out of context and I respect you for admitting you were wrong.  be nice if Brody could do the same - thats all I'm asking for.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: