Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:35:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Do you believe in god? Why?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you believe in god? Why?  (Read 28056 times)
MCT
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2005, 02:11:17 PM »

God is a faker.....

Nah, he's just multifaceted... Wink
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2005, 07:52:19 PM »

God is a faker.....

thats just the commercial aspect of the bible...try to appeal to everyone..it sells more product

ferengi rules of acquisition
Rule   60: Keep your lies consistent.
Rule 267: If you believe it, they believe it.

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2005, 08:03:32 PM »

God is a faker.....

thats just the commercial aspect of the bible...try to appeal to everyone..it sells more product

Rule? ?60: Keep your lies consistent.

so thats how bush won......

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2005, 12:28:13 PM »

the problem i have with religion is that different ones have existed since the beginning of time. what makes (e.g.) christianity so true but all of the others wrong.

I don't think that all religions are wrong, I think that religions are base on a utopy, which at certain points in our lives we all tend to think that way.
Christianity so true?, well I guess is call Christianity cause Christ died in the cross and then he resurected(faith).
well If you see history even the whole history is divided in 2 parts before christ and after christ, I mean he really changed the world but that doesn't mean that chrisitianity is so true that means that christianity has more influence on everythig more than religion itself.

No man can be my equal
MCT
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2005, 12:51:07 PM »

Rule? ?60: Keep your lies consistent.

Once again I'm reminded of the fact that we two are the only fools here with Star Trek avatars... ok
jgfnsr
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2005, 12:38:01 AM »

Ether 2:12
Isn't ether a anesthetic? You must mean Esther.

No, it is Ether.
rikman21
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2005, 05:29:49 AM »

If He shaped man in His image, then why is he punishing them for flaws which he to possesses. He may just be a security blanket for humankind because we are unsure and in result afraid of how we came to be in this big and lonely universe. Some were so cynical that they beleived in simple stories and began to write them, while others half-agreed with them and decided to re-write them. This led to great stories of miracles and wonders beyond human capacity. I'm probably wrong, and a crazy fool; but what if I'm not.? What if life is just a neverending quest for our souls from life to life. I've always questioned my faith as I do now, but God has always played, if even a small one, a role in my life. Do you really beleive that faith will save you from a speeding train or rabbid pack of dogs? I don't think so, I think you are responsible for what happens to you to a certain extent. Once you reach the inevitable then here, finally, is where there is absolutley nothing that you can do. Ultimately man will be the cause of the end of the world by fire; if there truly is an end to the world. If anything I think that we as a race will become extinct by our own egotistical and power-hungry minds. So how did we come to be? I'm sick of all the idiotic "leaders," when will they see that no matter what religion or beleifs, they all end up dying and becoming part of whatever lies in wait for us whence we're gone. Of course, so "coincidentially" put; we were allowed *free will* above all else. I to hope that there is a God and Creator of All Things because it terrifies me that there just may not be one. (~~)
Dust N Rose
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2005, 05:21:16 PM »

First I believed in God, because that's how I was raised to think.
Then I guestioned and doubted due to sciense. I thought life and everything in universe was just a dice. Then I understood that all the physic laws must have a lawmaker. Religions are to search for the lawmaker.

I still doubt though the old testament as a book inspired by God, it seems to be edited, dirty and unuseful, e.g. deyteronomion and levetikon have some weird laws for the Jewish (no offence), like what should happen to a bull if he kills a woman with his horns. Why such a silly thing should be inside? In adittion every book of the old testament has a prostitute inside. Is that necessary (inspired by God?!)? Also, even distinguished persons there like Solomon, Moses and other were killers (if anyone doubts this, he can make a better research in his own bible). The only thing you see there, is that God sends a prophet, hebrews don't believe him, they believe in a veal, they chase him, (No wonder why Jews crucified Jesus). God becomes angry. then he sends another.... One thing that makes me doubt this book is that God there (Jehovah) is a hostile god, an avenger and brutal god, and sometimes a silly God! If you check the new testament you will see a pittier God, a God of love and forgiveness (what the hell?). Why he changed. Only new testament persuades me as a reasonal book.
My ancestors, the greeks (during the same era the old testamnet was writen) were creating civilization and we're teached in schools how the jews crossed the desert (I wonder how they were found in Egypt?).
All in All, I'm a christian but I really doubt the attachment to the old testament and the attachment to the official church of my country. I don't go to church every Sunday but I'm a better person and Christian than some old people who go every Sunday and then they revel. (same thing Axl once said).

P.S. Many here ask why He made the man go to hell or paradise (according to his acts) and not only to paradise. You all don't get that God gave the choice to the man himself to choose. He doesn't punish us. You choose yourself where you want to go. If He made us all go to Paradise then that's against free will and God have us free will (even to the angels) to choose what to range with, the good or evil. God lets human to do everything he wants. He can also be saved if he really regrets. Which else religion allows that?

Even if God didn't exist it's essential to exist in our minds. See what happened in former countries of Soviet Union. If there's no God, there's no reason for someone to be moral and respect his life or other's life. If we let think that God doesn't exist then we're just lucky monkeys that evolved to understand our existence and in the world exists only the law of the Jungle. There's no after life, no resurection so let us live and grab the best we can without scruples. You get it now, why religions need to exist? either God exists or not.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 05:38:35 PM by New Rose » Logged
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2005, 11:01:04 AM »

As my point of view hell doesn't exits, or it is not the tipical place with flames and lots of fire where people suffer, me as christian hell would be life without prescence of God, as simple as that do you need to suffer if you dont have Goid in your life of course not, but I know that hell is not a punishment is just a misinterpretation.

No man can be my equal
SLCPUNK
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2005, 01:27:51 PM »

I see people's choices making them miserable on their own; enough to not believe in a biblical hell. People make their own heaven or hell right here, through Karma, and decisions they make.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2005, 02:06:41 PM »

I see people's choices making them miserable on their own; enough to not believe in a biblical hell. People make their own heaven or hell right here, through Karma, and decisions they make.

Yeah I guess we do, or at least I do.
Sometimes people think that religion has to be about punishment if you don't follow the right path and what's the right path?? go to church every sunday, pray or meet God? I don't like to do any of this stuff yet I sense there's a God out there.

No man can be my equal
SLCPUNK
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2005, 03:10:59 PM »

Sometimes people think that religion has to be about punishment if you don't follow the right path and what's the right path?? go to church every sunday, pray or meet God? I don't like to do any of this stuff yet I sense there's a God out there.

Yea. How many religions claim they are the absolute truth? And if you don't follow directions you're bound to burn. Give me a break. You'd have to be a member of a few hundred religions just to be safe.

I believe in a higher power, sure. I believe in higher power, karma (instant and long term) and human choice that creates misery and hapiness. People will say "Live life on life's terms", which means that there are things that are going to happen to you that you have no control over.

Karma is all around us. I see people who put out shit (bad intentions, lies, selfishness)  and have a miserable life. I've seen instant examples of this and long term. They create their own world, they really do.

What makes me laugh is when people will say "Oh that tornado didn't blow my home away, God was watching out for me." Does that mean God was not watching out for the other people who lost their home in the same storm? (Insert the predictable: They must have been on God's bad list" here)

Hardly. It means, the tornado happened to blow their freakin' house away. That's it! That would be an example of life on life's terms. Things we have no control over.

The bible? Written by men....not God. There are some great lessons in the bible: acceptence, love, being honest, not judging. Then there are bad ones: Keeping women in their place, slavery, murder, and stories that completely condradict themselves. As humans we pick the stories that we can use to defend our beliefs and disregard the others.

Dust N Rose
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2005, 07:14:19 PM »

As my point of view hell doesn't exits, or it is not the tipical place with flames and lots of fire where people suffer, me as christian hell would be life without prescence of God, as simple as that do you need to suffer if you dont have Goid in your life of course not, but I know that hell is not a punishment is just a misinterpretation.

Hell being a place full of fire is just a tradition that began from real historical facts from people that were burning other people for sucrifices e.t.c. It's not really mentioned in the Bilbe hell to be like that.
A priest once told me that hell could be an absolute restraint. If you were in hell, you could have your soul restrained and not be able to speak to anyone else. This could mean real Hell!

I think life here is temporary. We can make our life better or worse according to our thoughts and decisions. Quality of life can be explained from determinism. Every result has its cause. No heretic thoughts intented here, just a point of view explained through physics.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2005, 05:19:07 AM »

What if there is no after life and we all just cease to exsist when we die, what would that be like

Yea. How many religions claim they are the absolute truth? And if you don't follow directions you're bound to burn. Give me a break. You'd have to be a member of a few hundred religions just to be safe.

I believe in a higher power, sure. I believe in higher power, karma (instant and long term) and human choice that creates misery and hapiness. People will say "Live life on life's terms", which means that there are things that are going to happen to you that you have no control over.

Karma is all around us. I see people who put out shit (bad intentions, lies, selfishness) and have a miserable life. I've seen instant examples of this and long term. They create their own world, they really do.

What makes me laugh is when people will say "Oh that tornado didn't blow my home away, God was watching out for me." Does that mean God was not watching out for the other people who lost their home in the same storm? (Insert the predictable: They must have been on God's bad list" here)

Hardly. It means, the tornado happened to blow their freakin' house away. That's it! That would be an example of life on life's terms. Things we have no control over.

The bible? Written by men....not God. There are some great lessons in the bible: acceptence, love, being honest, not judging. Then there are bad ones: Keeping women in their place, slavery, murder, and stories that completely condradict themselves. As humans we pick the stories that we can use to defend our beliefs and disregard the others.

Most relegions have the same princibles, your not suppossed to take everything written in all the holy scriptures seriously. Just lead a good life and then you'll recieve a good afterlife

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
gnrkoncerti
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2005, 05:44:58 AM »

couple days before died Alber Anstain said"now i believe in good."
Dust N Rose
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2005, 12:04:18 PM »

What if there is no after life and we all just cease to exsist when we die, what would that be like
 smoking Izzy? smoking

Relax, it will be like you've never been born.  smoking
Xx Estranged xX
Opening Act

« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2005, 05:39:18 PM »

No, I've never seen any reason to believe.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2005, 04:54:38 PM »

I believe we all need something to rely on... and that is certainly what we call GOD....
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2005, 06:49:04 PM »

This thread is like pissing in the wind!!   why Jarmo hasn't locked it is beyond me?.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
MCT
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2005, 10:14:38 PM »

This thread is like pissing in the wind!!? ?why Jarmo hasn't locked it is beyond me?.

It's an ultimately fruitless discussion for someone with enough sense to stay clear of it, sure. But that's just it - it is a discussion; and one with active and less than unruly participants at that. So...?

Why do you think it's lockable anyway?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: