Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:06:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227889 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Most overrated Band ...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Most overrated Band ...  (Read 37159 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #160 on: December 29, 2005, 04:41:01 AM »

im flattered folks. almost as good as ARV's poem for me... ahaha rofl

gnrevolution.com
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #161 on: December 29, 2005, 04:52:08 AM »

Pearl Jam...U2...Oasis-All bands that have enormous fanbases (enough to become billionares after a few decades) but i still think there overrated. But if people enjoy their music then it doesnt matter. I just wouldnt listen to them, besides on the radio.
Redrocket16
Opening Act

Slash is rock and Roll

« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2006, 04:54:22 PM »

definatly pearljam and deff leppard
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2006, 05:28:56 PM »

Nirvana definatly. AC/DC too. music is pretty good, but a bit too plain for the likes of me.  Undecided

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2006, 11:43:33 PM »

Really Def Leppard?  Huh
I think they are quite forgetable in every list of rock, people just think that lep is all about pour some sugar on me or 2 steps behind. But its more than that, albums like histeria, pyromania and retroactive are worth listening

No man can be my equal
AtariLegend
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2006, 05:14:34 PM »

Really Def Leppard? Huh
I think they are quite forgetable in every list of rock, people just think that lep is all about pour some sugar on me or 2 steps behind. But its more than that, albums like histeria, pyromania and retroactive are worth listening

When people look back on Rock history in 50yrs the gimmick of Def Leppard having a drummer with 1 arm will sound pathetic.

Wait it already does, hysteria is a decent album but i'm pretty sure less than 5% of all albums are anyway.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 05:23:33 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2006, 05:17:29 PM »

Really Def Leppard? Huh

When people look back on Rock history in 50yrs the gimmick of Def Leppard having a drummer with 1 arm will sound pathetic.

Wait it already does, hysteria is a decent album but i'm pretty sure less than 5% of all abums are anyway.

I actually love Def Leppard. Go listen to their early stuff.. "On Through The Night" is a combo of Zep and AC/DC with a side of NWOBHM.

Lots of talent.. they just chose to turn pop I guess. But their early stuff is great!

gnrevolution.com
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2006, 05:27:16 PM »

def leppard is a nice rock n' roll band. maybe they are a little overrated but...

for me the most overrated band is the beatles  Lips Sealed now i'll go in my corner and keep quiet hihi

EccoTides
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2006, 06:18:20 PM »

Most overrated bands..

U2, Coldplay, and Pearl Jam spring to mind.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2006, 08:43:18 PM »

Wait it already does

I'm not a huge Def Leppard fan, but I think you're being unfair.

You should give some examples of how it's a gimmick. The guy can't help it if he lost his arm in a car accident. He's just playing the cards he was dealt. By the way, he was an awesome drummer before. Like -Jack-  said, go listen to their early stuff.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2006, 09:45:43 PM »

Def Leppard overrated? Does anyone even hold them in any high esteem at all these days? They're largely considered a joke. Ditto for Van Halen. Only '80s rock fans really listen to them a lot. Van Halen still gets airplay but they're not really considered as great as The Beatles or Nirvana.

I'd say Nirvana are most overrated closely followed by Metallica. But at least Nirvana had a cultural impact and I can understand their relevance at the time; Metallica are just complete shit IMO and did nothing that wasn't already being done. Boring music and terrible lyrics. The only song I like that they've done is "Enter Sandman" and also "I Disappear" which incidentally enough most Metallica fans hate because it was done for "M:I-2" and is considered to be from their "sell-out" phase. Whatever - I think it kicks ass.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2006, 10:43:40 PM »

NICKELBACK BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why are they so popular?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??/
deadflowerII
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2006, 11:13:47 PM »

linkin park & green day
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2006, 01:18:43 AM »

Metallica
Aerosmith

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2006, 03:39:13 AM »

Nivana

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
AtariLegend
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2006, 06:46:59 AM »

Wait it already does

I'm not a huge Def Leppard fan, but I think you're being unfair.

You should give some examples of how it's a gimmick. The guy can't help it if he lost his arm in a car accident. He's just playing the cards he was dealt. By the way, he was an awesome drummer before. Like -Jack- said, go listen to their early stuff.

By gimmick I mean what will people remember about Dep Leppard in years to come, what do people remember Def Leppard for now?

If the dude with 1 arm wasn't a dude with 1 arm, what unique thing would their be about them

Def Leppard overrated? Does anyone even hold them in any high esteem at all these days? They're largely considered a joke. Ditto for Van Halen. Only '80s rock fans really listen to them a lot. Van Halen still gets airplay but they're not really considered as great as The Beatles or Nirvana.

I'd say Nirvana are most overrated closely followed by Metallica. But at least Nirvana had a cultural impact and I can understand their relevance at the time; Metallica are just complete shit IMO and did nothing that wasn't already being done. Boring music and terrible lyrics. The only song I like that they've done is "Enter Sandman" and also "I Disappear" which incidentally enough most Metallica fans hate because it was done for "M:I-2" and is considered to be from their "sell-out" phase. Whatever - I think it kicks ass.

80s to Mid 90s Metallica had an impact almost half of rock, Metallica represent people views on Heavy Metal, dudes with long hair, leather jackets, that sort of thing, since lots of people don't want to remember the 70s.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 10:09:45 AM by AtariLegend » Logged
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #176 on: October 08, 2006, 10:06:18 AM »

Pearl Jam.

But it's still good. Nirvana is fucking great IMO..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #177 on: October 08, 2006, 11:12:37 AM »

Nirvana.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2006, 11:25:58 AM »

Based on their efforts of the last 25 years or so, The Rolling Stones are way overrated. They have only released 3 decent studio albums in 25 years or so (Tattoo You, Steel Wheels, Bridges of Babylon) but everytime they go on tour it is treated as the second coming of Christ.

In the 60's and 70's they were easily one of the best but now its just a bunch of hype and overpriced shows.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2006, 11:39:07 AM »

Metallica are just complete shit IMO and did nothing that wasn't already being done. Boring music and terrible lyrics. T

You can think their music is boring, but terrible lyrics?? Have you ever read the lyrics to Disposable Heroes, One, Master of Puppets or Fade to Black?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: