Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:36:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Most overrated Band ...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Most overrated Band ...  (Read 37159 times)
AtariLegend
« Reply #180 on: October 08, 2006, 11:42:59 AM »

Metallica are just complete shit IMO and did nothing that wasn't already being done. Boring music and terrible lyrics. T

You can think their music is boring, but terrible lyrics?? Have you ever read the lyrics to Disposable Heroes, One, Master of Puppets or Fade to Black?

I personaly can't think of a word strong enough to describe you, if you want to come out with such crap say it about Linken Park instead not the greatest Metal band of all time behind Megadeth.
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #181 on: October 08, 2006, 11:52:53 AM »

Metallica have some great lyrics imo. They are not my favourite band, but I like them quite a bit  peace

This   is   Democracy!!!
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #182 on: October 08, 2006, 05:29:01 PM »

Metallica are just complete shit IMO and did nothing that wasn't already being done. Boring music and terrible lyrics. T

You can think their music is boring, but terrible lyrics?? Have you ever read the lyrics to Disposable Heroes, One, Master of Puppets or Fade to Black?

Yeah, their lyrics annoy me.

I find them juvenile and simplistic. It's because I don't like that genre very much.

Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell

Not my cup of tea.
AtariLegend
« Reply #183 on: October 08, 2006, 05:36:43 PM »

I find them juvenile and simplistic. It's because I don't like that genre very much.

Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell

Not my cup of tea.

What a 2 dimensional life you must live.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #184 on: October 08, 2006, 05:48:26 PM »

hey RussianRoulette, your the man and i respect you but...

i respectfully disagree about Metallica. Their 80's stuff is some of the greatest music i have ever heard.

so the lyrics are simplistic sometimes so what? they get the point across and dealt with mature topics that most thrash metal bands at the time didn't deal with.

i also? feel that the music is incredibly melodic and intricate. also, if u think about some of their records were loose concept albums:

Master of Puppets- methods of control
Ride the Lightning- different ways of dying
...And Justice For All- The abuse and corruption in our justice system.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 05:51:21 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #185 on: October 08, 2006, 06:04:14 PM »

Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell

Not my cup of tea.

Or maybe I just have different taste in music than you do?

Wow, imagine that.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #186 on: October 08, 2006, 06:06:10 PM »

hey RussianRoulette, your the man and i respect you but...

i respectfully disagree about Metallica. Their 80's stuff is some of the greatest music i have ever heard.

so the lyrics are simplistic sometimes so what? they get the point across and dealt with mature topics that most thrash metal bands at the time didn't deal with.

i also  feel that the music is incredibly melodic and intricate. also, if u think about some of their records were loose concept albums:

Master of Puppets- methods of control
Ride the Lightning- different ways of dying
...And Justice For All- The abuse and corruption in our justice system.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply dude - I have listened to a lot of Metallica's stuff and for whatever reason it just doesn't really do it for me. I appreciate what you wrote but I don't think it will really improve my opinion of them. Compared to most of the stuff I listen to, Guns N' Roses is one of the harder bands. I also don't care a whole lot for NIN and a lot of people here seem to worship them. I did like their last album actually, but I bought Downward Spiral and didn't care for it at all, but anyway...
AtariLegend
« Reply #187 on: October 08, 2006, 06:55:20 PM »

Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell

Not my cup of tea.

Or maybe I just have different taste in music than you do?

Wow, imagine that.

I can respect that, but I am a big 80s Metallica fan I will always hold a grudge.
robinfinckfan
« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2006, 08:01:57 PM »

80's Metallica is great, after the black album they sold their souls to corporate america.
AtariLegend
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2006, 08:07:52 PM »

80's Metallica is great, after the black album they sold their souls to corporate america.

After Justice you mean.
robinfinckfan
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2006, 08:13:01 PM »

After Justice you mean.

not so much, black album was released in 91' i think but still very, very good.  took them along time to make and put their hearts into it more than load and beyond
VIP

« Reply #191 on: October 08, 2006, 08:14:33 PM »

Nirvana and the Ramones are the most overrated bands ever, according to me who cannot be arsed to read the 10 pages of the thread.
AtariLegend
« Reply #192 on: October 08, 2006, 08:16:34 PM »

After Justice you mean.

not so much, black album was released in 91' i think but still very, very good. took them along time to make and put their hearts into it more than load and beyond

Ok

Nirvana and the Ramones are the most overrated bands ever, according to me who cannot be arsed to read the 10 pages of the thread.

If you beleive the Ramones are overrated you're an idiot.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #193 on: October 08, 2006, 08:34:39 PM »

80's Metallica overrated? The birth of speed and trash metal overrated?!! OOOOOOK. And the Black Album is a musical change for the band. They wanted to go in a new direction. Lets all piss on them for that.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #194 on: October 09, 2006, 08:50:04 AM »

On this website - Oasis is the most overrated band. People here (most likely in UK), treat them like they ARE the next Beatles.. Up there with the greats. When in reality, they about as good as 2nd tier bands like The Offspring & Dave Mattews Band.

Also Megadeath was pretty crappy.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2006, 08:52:24 AM »

^ Oasis for me too

And in the list from the original post : I'd say Nirvana and Deff Leppard

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #196 on: October 09, 2006, 12:37:17 PM »

On this website - Oasis is the most overrated band. People here (most likely in UK), treat them like they ARE the next Beatles.. Up there with the greats. When in reality, they about as good as 2nd tier bands like The Offspring & Dave Mattews Band.

Yeah, I've also noticed it seems to be a UK thing. Nothing wrong with sticking up to your own boys, of course.

They do suck though Tongue

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
anythinggoes
« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2006, 12:41:24 PM »

Yeah, I've also noticed it seems to be a UK thing. Nothing wrong with sticking up to your own boys, of course.

They do suck though Tongue

Nope Oasis were good back in 1995 with Definatly Maybe that was a stand out album but apart from a couple of other good songs they are not worth the hype, i do think they are better than offspring and Dave Mattews though but nowhere near the Beatles etc
lcg
« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2006, 01:44:42 PM »

Also Megadeath was pretty crappy.
Yeah, I hate Oasis too (and I'm in the UK btw). Awful band imo.
From the list I'd choose Nirvana.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2006, 01:48:11 PM »

overrated: rolling stones, nirvana, iron maiden, bon jovi and ac/dc
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: