Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:47:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  I found a genius guitar player (20 years old, Paris)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I found a genius guitar player (20 years old, Paris)  (Read 3803 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: November 17, 2004, 08:04:00 PM »

ok for some month I've tried to form a Rock band in Paris and to check the best musicians between 18 and 25 years old.
and then I've just found a guy who totally blows me away with his guitar ability, he has a unique sound, 20 years old, take mark knopler, eric clapton and slash, mix it and it gives Kevin. a mind-blowing blues-rock guitar player. I talked to her ex-girlfriend and she told me he is a genius but he is very modest. I don't have website but if you want I can e-mail you his guitar demo (cover of Santana), and then just post your opinion on that topic. I'm not a guitarists but I would be very happy to have opinions by guitarists or musicians to really tell me what you think of it. I heard he already made professional studio sessions Shocked I mean he is only 20...that's impressive. Maybe he is going to be the lead guitarist of my band if nobody "steals" me lol.. I gave the demo to 2 friends and they are totally blown away. Do you want to hear the demo?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 08:09:05 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 08:14:45 PM »

Sure, go for it!!

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 08:16:16 PM »

ok I e-mail you that now. Just post your review when you hear it.
PS: sorry for the location of the thread. peace

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 08:54:08 PM »

Just got it. He is very good indeed. Kinda hard to judge on this cover though. No huge solo ? la Page or Slash...- what I mean is that it's maybe not the best cover to display his talent - but from what I heard, yeah if you can get him in your band, do it!!

Edit: sorry I didn't hear the end of the song: nice solo at the end! ok Grin
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 08:56:11 PM by Will » Logged

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 09:01:40 PM »

for the moment he is the best? guitarist I have ever heard in the amateur scene in Paris. peace
yes indeed, the last 1mn30 when he speeds up is great. His guitar sound impress me.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 09:05:16 PM by nesquick » Logged

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 04:26:17 AM »

could you get him to just go nuts on guitar for a while ala Eruption.

i wanna hear some original material or some improvisation or something.

covers.........well they don't impress me that much. anyone with practice and hardwork can cover any song on guitar. its doing stuff that is unique or their own that sounds amazing that is impressive.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 05:01:46 AM »

No. He is not a shredder but a blues/Rock guitar player. And I will not accept a shredder in my band because I said a several time this is not my taste of tea, and this is not what I want. I want people who play with their soul. on top of that most of shredders are very often metal players and this is not what I want. It doesn't correspond to the direction I want for my band and also to my spirit. You know, I'm really not a guy who appreciate Metal. I'm much more a "classic Rock" guy. I want to make Rock n' Roll music inspired by blues/jazz and pure Rock n' Roll to hard-rock. a kind of mix. So for me I'm looking for guitarists ala mark knopfler, gary moore, paul person, jimmy page, slash, clapton etc...? Wink
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 05:10:42 AM by nesquick » Logged

darkmonth
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 05:16:41 AM »

could you get him to just go nuts on guitar for a while ala Eruption

Eruption is pish.... my little brother can even play it.  Tapping, is a very good invention (well done Eddie) , but SO easy to use.  However, it's limited.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 07:30:32 AM »

No. He is not a shredder but a blues/Rock guitar player. And I will not accept a shredder in my band because I said a several time this is not my taste of tea, and this is not what I want. I want people who play with their soul. on top of that most of shredders are very often metal players and this is not what I want. It doesn't correspond to the direction I want for my band and also to my spirit. You know, I'm really not a guy who appreciate Metal. I'm much more a "classic Rock" guy. I want to make Rock n' Roll music inspired by blues/jazz and pure Rock n' Roll to hard-rock. a kind of mix. So for me I'm looking for guitarists ala mark knopfler, gary moore, paul person, jimmy page, slash, clapton etc...  Wink

by the term go nuts i don't mean shredding in a metal context.

i'm a guitarist, and by "go nuts" i mean, how should i put this, i dunno im on fire, im playing everything right im just lettin it all come out etc. im no shredder and infact completely blues/rock oriented.

blues/rock players can do this. like slash on the live KOHD, look at the video.......hes goin nuts. yeah i use weird terms lol. slash at the end of paradise city etc. doesn't even have to be fast or shred.

its just i don't think a santana cover is a good way of showing your "unique-ness" or "originality" when its a cover. i can't really judge that. like stormy said his brother can play eruption, anyone can(or any cover for that matter) by practicing it and putting enough effort into it.

originality and creativity is what impresses me. thats why i thought you should post an original composition from the guitarist or something.......that would truly show what he's capable of.

oh yeah and stormy i wasn't implying eruption was hard, i was just saying it was eddie improvising stuff and goin nuts while hes at it. i was saying this guitarist should just improvise stuff or something to show his talent or originality in the same sorta way (doesn't have to involve fast playing,shredding or tapping or anything).

oh yeah and i still think eruption is actually quite difficulty. sure lots of people say they can play it, but a lot of those people arn't close at all in playing it how eddie played it.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2004, 07:10:01 PM »

No. He is not a shredder but a blues/Rock guitar player. And I will not accept a shredder in my band because I said a several time this is not my taste of tea, and this is not what I want. I want people who play with their soul. on top of that most of shredders are very often metal players and this is not what I want. It doesn't correspond to the direction I want for my band and also to my spirit. You know, I'm really not a guy who appreciate Metal. I'm much more a "classic Rock" guy. I want to make Rock n' Roll music inspired by blues/jazz and pure Rock n' Roll to hard-rock. a kind of mix. So for me I'm looking for guitarists ala mark knopfler, gary moore, paul person, jimmy page, slash, clapton etc...? Wink

by the term go nuts i don't mean shredding in a metal context.

i'm a guitarist, and by "go nuts" i mean, how should i put this, i dunno im on fire, im playing everything right im just lettin it all come out etc. im no shredder and infact completely blues/rock oriented.

blues/rock players can do this. like slash on the live KOHD, look at the video.......hes goin nuts. yeah i use weird terms lol. slash at the end of paradise city etc. doesn't even have to be fast or shred.

its just i don't think a santana cover is a good way of showing your "unique-ness" or "originality" when its a cover. i can't really judge that. like stormy said his brother can play eruption, anyone can(or any cover for that matter) by practicing it and putting enough effort into it.

originality and creativity is what impresses me. thats why i thought you should post an original composition from the guitarist or something.......that would truly show what he's capable of.

oh yeah and stormy i wasn't implying eruption was hard, i was just saying it was eddie improvising stuff and goin nuts while hes at it. i was saying this guitarist should just improvise stuff or something to show his talent or originality in the same sorta way (doesn't have to involve fast playing,shredding or tapping or anything).

oh yeah and i still think eruption is actually quite difficulty. sure lots of people say they can play it, but a lot of those people arn't close at all in playing it how eddie played it.

yes, that is true. Speed isn't everything. But it is handy  Wink

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 08:36:38 AM »

ask your young player if he can play all paganini caprices (the original ones, not adaptations for guitar exercises)  Wink

azazello
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2004, 08:07:19 AM »

Hi,
any chance you could send me that demo? Vous m'avez fait curieux Smiley
Merci beaucoup,

azazello
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: