Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:37:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WHAT WILL YOU GUYS DO WHEN...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT WILL YOU GUYS DO WHEN...  (Read 15731 times)
TIPSY
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2004, 11:57:10 PM »

so what will say if cd is a failure??

"Oh well"?

Why do you even think about these things? Do you worry about stuff like this all the time?

"What will you say when you win on the lottery?"
"What will you do when VR split up?"
"What will you say when you find yourself banned?"

hihi

/jarmo

why dont you try and be cool and not threaten to ban me Wink? im not breaking any rules in here.? im not even starting trouble.? im raising a valid point and why would i talk about if vr breaks up, winning the lottery?? i dont go around saying im for sure going to win the lotto or that vr is ALWAYS going to be together.? you guys on this part of the forum are so certain that cd will be a hit and you guarantee it to be a hit as well as proclaim "its impossible for it to do bad because it has the gnr name".? because i see this all the time is why i started this thread.? am i lying when i say i see this kind of talk all the time?

what is so wrong with asking you guys what you will say if your proven wrong?? this will probably be my last post in this thread since people keep dodging the question and veering to another subject or that "im one of those kind of fans".?

i have never seen people as hard headed and childish as some people on this forum as well as the mygnr.com forum.? to flat out say that something is a guarantee(thats so bold to say, especially in the music business and especially in the music business these days) is so stupid and to not admit that is just worse.? theres a difference between that and wanting something to do well.

again, im not the one making guarantees here and looking like a fool doing so.? im raising a very vaid point here and just wanting some answers and you people refuse to give it.? its doesnt bother me, it just makes you look even more stupid and childish.?

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Music for Life..........Are you Scott Weiland by chance? Grin

If you are then [wave] hi

Seriously, I don't see Axl putting out a bad album that will flop.?

Those that live in the past and who damn Axl all the time and give into rumors and what not are the ones who will think it'll fail because Axl isn't doing what they want him to do.? He's doing what Axl wants to do take it or leave it.

I don't think CD will fail at all.? Axl will win either way though because people will still buy it out of curiousity and he'll be the talk of the town once it's released whether that talk is favorable or not.

Music for Life......I am going to assume you are NOT Scott Weiland and offer you a? smoking and beer? Tongue

Hey, I am trying to be objective here as I do think that is what a message board is for ok
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 11:59:07 PM by TIPSY » Logged
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2004, 12:45:02 AM »

A question for you Music For Life: Why do you wish that the new bands would fail?

I bet he is either one of two fans:

1) The fan who took slash's side in the split and can't like both Slash and Axl and blames Axl for breaking up the old band, and mostly likes VR.

2)He is frustrated over the lack of new material and is venting. Maybe he got his hopes up too many times and got burned and now instead of being calm and waiting he's wishing it fails.

when you assume things like that it only makes you look stupid.? you are exactly one of the people im talking about in my thread, you think you know everything.? your reading way too much into this, just answer the simple question.? theres no guarantess in life, so what will say if cd is a failure?? who cares what kind of fan i am, it has nothing to do with anything, im not talking shit about people and making stupid ass assumptions about things to try and dodge the question at hand.

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're assuming the cd will fail isnt that an assumption in itself. You oviously arent interested in the New GnR so why are you even here?

You are assuming people wont like Axl's new stuff

You are assuming you no what everyone in the public likes.

"when you assume things like that it only makes you look stupid" you said so yourself.

Someone needs to either lock this stupid fucking thread or throw it in the Dead horse. Its pointless and doesnt belong in the GnR section.

Music for Life we all know you are just looking to argue and its pointless.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2004, 01:14:48 AM »

Yeah, and the "GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!" at the end of all of his posts only makes it more obvious.

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2004, 01:16:56 AM »

A question for you Music For Life: Why do you wish that the new bands would fail?

I bet he is either one of two fans:

1) The fan who took slash's side in the split and can't like both Slash and Axl and blames Axl for breaking up the old band, and mostly likes VR.

2)He is frustrated over the lack of new material and is venting. Maybe he got his hopes up too many times and got burned and now instead of being calm and waiting he's wishing it fails.

when you assume things like that it only makes you look stupid.? you are exactly one of the people im talking about in my thread, you think you know everything.? your reading way too much into this, just answer the simple question.? theres no guarantess in life, so what will say if cd is a failure?? who cares what kind of fan i am, it has nothing to do with anything, im not talking shit about people and making stupid ass assumptions about things to try and dodge the question at hand.

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're assuming the cd will fail isnt that an assumption in itself. You oviously arent interested in the New GnR so why are you even here?

You are assuming people wont like Axl's new stuff

You are assuming you no what everyone in the public likes.

"when you assume things like that it only makes you look stupid" you said so yourself.

Someone needs to either lock this stupid fucking thread or throw it in the Dead horse. Its pointless and doesnt belong in the GnR section.

im not assuming anything.  im asking you guys what you will say if it doesnt do big.  im not saying its gonna be big or a flop.  theres a chance of both.  your reading what you want to read.  dont bother posting in here if thats how your gonna be, because im not looking for a fight, you are.

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
SADIS
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2004, 02:49:29 AM »

im not assuming anything.? im asking you guys what you will say if it doesnt do big.? im not saying its gonna be big or a flop.? theres a chance of both.? your reading what you want to read.? dont bother posting in here if thats how your gonna be, because im not looking for a fight, you are.

I kinda agree with. You only asked ONE simple question and nobody has answered it yet.

But I think it will be pretty fucked up if it doesn't sell well. Because that's Axl's intention, to be HUGE. So if that doesn't happen that probably means we will never hear from him again. And that means that the GNR name has been brought to shame. So I  personally will feel bummed, and won't be too happy about it. I can say I don't care bla bla bla. But I do care since (in the GNR world) there's pretty much at stake.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2004, 03:54:39 AM »

to answer your question i would be cut if it floped alright,

but the "REAL GNR" fans like you only start threads like this to have a cry cause you just wont give the new line up a chance.

What will you do if the albums a mega hit n' fucks this thread right up! Smiley

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2004, 10:48:37 AM »

but the "REAL GNR" fans like you only start threads like this to have a cry cause you just wont give the new line up a chance.

fucks this thread right up?  are you illiterate or something?  i have never said the album is going to be huge or a flop.  you guys are the ones continually saying its going to be huge.  why dont you be real and realize theres a chance it could flop, what will you say then ha?  dont ask me the questions because im not the one parading that the album is going to be huge Wink

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2004, 12:01:34 PM »

fucks this thread right up?? are you illiterate or something?? i have never said the album is going to be huge or a flop.? you guys are the ones continually saying its going to be huge.? why dont you be real and realize theres a chance it could flop, what will you say then ha?? dont ask me the questions because im not the one parading that the album is going to be huge Wink
Many people have anwsered your "question" What will I do it it does sell well? Nothing I will be hap;py Axl gave me new music, like I said before. Most people on this board will be happy to hear studio cuts of the bootlegs and the chance to hear axl sing. So if its a commercial flop I think most people here might be a ok with it, because there are alot of good musicians out there who dont sell millions but still make good songs.

There's a chance you could die in a horrible car crash in the near future. WHat will you do then when this happens?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2004, 05:07:33 PM »

fucks this thread right up?? are you illiterate or something?? i have never said the album is going to be huge or a flop.? you guys are the ones continually saying its going to be huge.? why dont you be real and realize theres a chance it could flop, what will you say then ha?? dont ask me the questions because im not the one parading that the album is going to be huge Wink
Many people have anwsered your "question" What will I do it it does sell well? Nothing I will be hap;py Axl gave me new music, like I said before. Most people on this board will be happy to hear studio cuts of the bootlegs and the chance to hear axl sing. So if its a commercial flop I think most people here might be a ok with it, because there are alot of good musicians out there who dont sell millions but still make good songs.

There's a chance you could die in a horrible car crash in the near future. WHat will you do then when this happens?

the difference is that they arent talking about if the album will be good or not.  they talk specifically of it selling big and being a huge commercial success.   being a huge commercial success doesnt make an album good.   

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2004, 06:43:23 PM »

being a huge commercial success doesnt make an album good.

Sure but you?ve been sounded like the one who liked them mainly because they were popular in the community.
And You are yet to answer the question. Why you want them to flop?
Do you think being a huge commercial flop makes an album good? That's original.

I know self-Cutting is very addictive. How many cuts do you have? Tongue
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2004, 10:12:41 PM »

being a huge commercial success doesnt make an album good.

Sure but you?ve been sounded like the one who liked them mainly because they were popular in the community.
And You are yet to answer the question. Why you want them to flop?
Do you think being a huge commercial flop makes an album good? That's original.

I know self-Cutting is very addictive. How many cuts do you have? Tongue

me answering that question has nothing to do with anything.  it doenst affect anything at all, so what is your point.  i asked the first question anyway so who are you trying to kid, lol.  you have even yet to answer my question so untill then i will not answer yours, but again...it has nothing to do with this.  im not even asking you guys why you want the album to do good.  how many damn times do i have to tell you illiterate people im not the one parading around that the album is guaranteed to do good and that it will be a huge success.  all im asking is what you will say if it doesnt become that.

come on now, just stay with the subject at hand.  am i being called a liar when i say most of you on here say that your certain cd will be a massive worldwide success and will bring gnr back to their biggest.  is it really that difficult for you to answer a very simple question on a subject such as this?  holy shit, whats wrong with you people?

you know what, dont answer it, i really dont care, but when you make me look like im a liar then i care.  you guys can dodge the question all you want becuase your the ones who will look ridiculously stupid if the album doesnt do what you say it will do.  i wont look stupid at all becuase i have never said and never will say a "for sure guaranteed" answer like you guys always do.  i have given opinoins on what i "think" will happen, but not what "will" happen like you guys do.  do you see the difference now.  i cant believe i have to spell it out and repeat myself so much to you lil kids, lol.  too funny.

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2004, 12:53:16 AM »

They feel very strongly about it. But in this case words don't mean shit. It took me years to see the real beauty AFD is. They should just release it and with the shit that comes with it. Perfect doesn't exist so don't try to make it "perfect". JUst do your thing and role with that.

I hate how this flawed argument gets tossed around all the time. G'NR went through soo many producers and shit when they recorded AFD.  The amount of effort spent in recording AFD is probably more the the effort used in recording both the UYI albums.  Most people have this illusion that G'NR quickly went into the studio and came out with this raw sounding album cause they couldn't afford any better or some shit.  They had that planned.  Look at the song choices for the album considering the material they had at their disposal.  They chose not to record Don't Cry and November Rain cause those songs wouldn't come out sounding good if they had that raw feel.  They found a producer who could make the album sound as raw as possible and they chose him because they knew that raw is what people wanted to hear.  Every rock album being put out at the time was such perfect, clean sounding formulaic crap, and they knew the only way to win everyone's attention was to put out something that captured the essence of their live shows.  The fact that Axl has taken 10 years to form a new band and release an album, in my opinion, shows that he cares about his material as much as he did back in 1987.  He easily could have taken the VR route (which i'm not complaining about, VR needed to get the album out fast to avoid any extra comparison to Axl) and released an imperfect album.  I'll remind everyone here that the reason the UYI's sounded overproduced is cause they didn't have spend enough time on the albums and they had to throw a package together quickly, at least that is according to Axl (I'm 99% sure he said that).

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2004, 03:05:42 AM »

so what will say if cd is a failure??

"Oh well"?

Why do you even think about these things? Do you worry about stuff like this all the time?

"What will you say when you win on the lottery?"
"What will you do when VR split up?"
"What will you say when you find yourself banned?"

hihi

/jarmo

why dont you try and be cool and not threaten to ban me Wink? im not breaking any rules in here.? im not even starting trouble.?

Oh... come on... be original. He only asked about your reaction to one of these possibilities. It's not like it's gonna happen for sure. But you never know. It's like the CD. It might be huge and then again... it might flop.  Wink

SADIS
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2004, 05:35:40 AM »

I hate how this flawed argument gets tossed around all the time. G'NR went through soo many producers and shit when they recorded AFD.? The amount of effort spent in recording AFD is probably more the the effort used in recording both the UYI albums.? Most people have this illusion that G'NR quickly went into the studio and came out with this raw sounding album cause they couldn't afford any better or some shit.? They had that planned.? Look at the song choices for the album considering the material they had at their disposal.? They chose not to record Don't Cry and November Rain cause those songs wouldn't come out sounding good if they had that raw feel.? They found a producer who could make the album sound as raw as possible and they chose him because they knew that raw is what people wanted to hear.? Every rock album being put out at the time was such perfect, clean sounding formulaic crap, and they knew the only way to win everyone's attention was to put out something that captured the essence of their live shows.? The fact that Axl has taken 10 years to form a new band and release an album, in my opinion, shows that he cares about his material as much as he did back in 1987.? He easily could have taken the VR route (which i'm not complaining about, VR needed to get the album out fast to avoid any extra comparison to Axl) and released an imperfect album.? I'll remind everyone here that the reason the UYI's sounded overproduced is cause they didn't have spend enough time on the albums and they had to throw a package together quickly, at least that is according to Axl (I'm 99% sure he said that).

What the hell are you talking about? They got signed in '86 and the album was released in '87. Sure, I know they wanted perfection and were very aware of what they were doing. But it didn't take them 10 years. After 10 years you have enough stuff to release a really good album. The reason it's been delayed so many times is because trends change. So maybe Axl first wanted a techno thing and then he wanted Industrial, and hell, maybe he now even wants an R&B record.

But actually (if it is that way) that's pretty sad. Just do your thing and don't care about what everyone will say. And talking about trends; I know for sure that within not too much time there will be a total GNR 86-90 revival. With bands playing music like GNR did. The time is right. People are sooooo hungry for that kind of stuff. But I do think it will be new bands ruling the scene. Not the old ones.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2004, 06:25:29 PM »

what will all you believers do if cd is a huge flop. ?you guys talk as if its a guarantee that it will be a massive success. ?any person who thinks intelligentley enough and knows that there is no guarantee in life will agree with me that there is a possibility(a huge one) that cd will not be what you say it will be.
I would be Happy if Axl released an album of him redoing children nursery rhymes.

notice how i say "if". ?i personally know it will not be a huge success up to the standards you people say it will be, but im not god so i cant predict the future. ?on the same side, im not going around saying what will happen like the rest of you

Your two sentences counter re-act each other. You say you are not gonna go arounf saying what will happen like the rest of us two sentences after you just said its gonna be a huge success you are doing the same thing as everyone else except you say fail when other say it will be greatest.

, so i want to know what you guys will say when you all look like retards when the album doesnt do half of what you think it will Wink
Making fun of the handicap is a nice way to get your point across.

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is old add it your bottom tag.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
RichardNixon
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2004, 11:06:01 PM »

If this album sells under two million copies, it will be considered a flop. To tell you the truth, the sales of the album are not the most important thing for me. I was a huge fan of Van Halen and stood by the band when VH3 bombed, because I loved the band, and that album, and I didn't care what the world thought. Same with Motley Crue's '94 album.

So while I hope it's huge, if it's a flop, so be it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: