Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:28:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Kalondner speaks about Axl/GNR
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kalondner speaks about Axl/GNR  (Read 9092 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2005, 09:54:33 AM »

11 years axl has been working on CD, damn never knew it was that long..
more like 5 or 6 yrs but if 11 makes u sleep at night then its all urs

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2005, 10:10:15 AM »

I can't believe that a generally positive post has been turned into a thread about botox, braids and Axl's weight. No wander he hates the internet.

totally agree with you! yes
The good news is that axl is around Sanctuary and looking good.
Maybe just maybe he might be up to something which means we'll be able to talk about his music rather than his barnet. no
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 10:28:26 AM by inho » Logged

If this ridiculous album ever comes out, I'm going to buy it 3 times.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2005, 10:59:45 AM »

11 years axl has been working on CD, damn never knew it was that long..
more like 5 or 6 yrs but if 11 makes u sleep at night then its all urs
"All of it was true. They did spend all that money, and they've been working on it since I left Geffen - 11 years ago!"

not my words

he had songs already in 1999 and cd was mentioned so it is at least 6 years old
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2005, 11:26:23 AM »

did i not say 6 yrs?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2005, 12:25:01 PM »

dizzy mentioned there are different variations on a number of songs; even though some material was 'scrapped' , it is highly probable that most was re-cast in a more up to date style.  Alot of this is guesswork anyway. It will be interesting to hear the true story someday.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2005, 12:46:01 PM »

nice to hear he's fine. Thanks Scabbie.

Am I the only soul on this lonely planet who thought the braids were cool?   nervous

No, you're not alone.  I think the braids are cool too.  yes
But most people would agree that you should still be  nervous  about it since I'm that one agreeing with you.  Tongue

How many more times shall I tell you the braids are kool?
Even Venus wears braids.
I guess Axl put on the baggy jerseys not to look top-heavy with all the braids.

BTW Am I the only soul who thought that chubby Axl in RIR was kinda dashing?  nervous

Just one point as to the singing and I'll shut up.

To my knowledge,
In most cases you'll find it harder to sing a song at a slower tempo than at a quicker tempo.
When you sing slow, You must hold every note and every breath longer. The slips are more obvious and You can't easily gloss them over.

But If you are yet to learn the song, that is another story.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 01:24:16 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2005, 04:10:39 PM »

did i not say 6 yrs?

Matt and Duff left in 1997 and Axl blamed them for not wanting to do OMG. I know that this song won't be on the album, but it was supposed to be on the 'next GN'R record' in the late 90s. BTW even Slash's songs were supposed to be on the 'next GN'R record' in 1994. So yes, Axl's been working on this album for 11 years... but not too hard.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2005, 04:13:37 PM »

did i not say 6 yrs?

yes you did but you made it sound like I was the one making up the 11 year thing when I only repeated what the person said. You had wrote 5 or 6 years, so automatically the 5 is wrong the least it could be is 6..

Either way 6 year 7 or 11 it's taking forever
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2005, 05:15:51 PM »

did i not say 6 yrs?

yes you did but you made it sound like I was the one making up the 11 year thing when I only repeated what the person said. You had wrote 5 or 6 years, so automatically the 5 is wrong the least it could be is 6..

well   i think the album which we`ll hopefully see sooner or later is mostly recroded between 2002 and now. i`think it depends on the definition of the time axl worked on the album. you could say axl worked for 14 years on it, when the illusion came out, or you take the time he actually worked on it.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2005, 06:26:26 PM »

Folks, this isn't a thread about Axl's voice, weight or choice of clothes. Get back on track.

Well technically since Kalodner was talkin about Axl's apperance and how he looked like a star again this kinda is on topic to be honest.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
lamagic
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2005, 06:40:56 PM »

BTW Am I the only soul who thought that chubby Axl in RIR was kinda dashing?? nervous

No me too love
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2005, 06:50:29 PM »

Folks, this isn't a thread about Axl's voice, weight or choice of clothes. Get back on track.

Well technically since Kalodner was talkin about Axl's apperance and how he looked like a star again this kinda is on topic to be honest.

No, because it's degenerating into one of those endless "he's overweight, no he's not, I like the braids, I don't" debate that we've seen a million times. Boring.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2005, 08:29:55 PM »

Boring or not, that's basically what the topic is...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2005, 08:35:35 PM »

No, because it's degenerating into one of those endless "he's overweight, no he's not, I like the braids, I don't" debate that we've seen a million times. Boring.

I agree but stupid posts like what were presented in this thread should be singled out and chided. I'm glad we are back on topic though.

I worry about the mention of the Times article.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2005, 09:03:02 PM »

Yeah, that Times article was a pretty hefty nail in the CD coffin. The guy who wrote it probably expected it to bring CD crumbling to its knees. He didn't achieve that, but came awfully close. Hopefully this album will come out before an even more in depth article brings Chinese Democracy crashing down.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2005, 12:16:10 AM »

Yeah, that Times article was a pretty hefty nail in the CD coffin. The guy who wrote it probably expected it to bring CD crumbling to its knees. He didn't achieve that, but came awfully close. Hopefully this album will come out before an even more in depth article brings Chinese Democracy crashing down.

The NYT article info about CD was from 1999, nothing was from 2001 and beyond. The whole thing about the tapes and tapes of parts was from 1998 after robin and josh freese left the band. Im sure those dat tapes are around but they still had over 60 songs done by 2005.  Also John said that the NYTs article was right, they spent all that money, he said nothing about the album not being done or what not.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2005, 03:08:46 AM »

the outraged reaction from both Merck and the fans in response to the Leeds article kind of surprised me to be honest. Although he didnt uncover alot of new info and alot of it was common to us diehards, it didnt paint Axl in a bad light and ultimately it was factual

If anything, it was a case of any publicity being good publicity. Not to mention it added to the mystery and and allure of CD

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2005, 12:52:28 PM »

did i not say 6 yrs?

I agree, it is taking too long. But BTW I heard that Bob Seger is coming out with his first  album  since 1995. Should be released sometime in the autumn (of 2005).
*zoe*
Opening Act

I would do anything for you

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2005, 02:39:47 PM »

Anyway, like most of you said, I think it's a good thing that he was seen in the Sanctuary office. I mean he's workin' on the cd, right? And I think it's good that Kalondner said Axl was great,like Axl the rock star again. Yeah, maybe that means that the braids are gone and he looks like before, which is good even if I didn't hate the braids so much. Anyway, I think this is very good news, it made my day!  Smiley    Oh! This is my second post and I forgot to say: glad to be here with you!! peace  ok                                                                         

10 July 2006    Guns N' Roses in Greece
It was the best time I can remember...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: