Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:26:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  original Marketing Campaign for CD?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: original Marketing Campaign for CD?  (Read 3387 times)
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« on: January 13, 2006, 11:05:10 AM »

With all the new processes and structures for modern marketing (viral, networks ... ) what ideas do you have for the global / transversal marketing action of the new Guns n Roses CD ?
A simple old school (tv / website / magazines) system ? or something more ... original ??

For exemple, the advertising agency i worked for (DDB) was the creator of this interesting campaign last year. One day, people faced huge billboards in the Parisian metro station saying that a Tunnel is being built under the atlantic ocean (thanks to some great engineer) and that it will be soon (2008 i think they said) possible to travel from Paris to New York by train... it had a nice image of a man in a train, looking out of the window ... under the sea.

this was very curious, and a LOT of people actually went on the *fake* website to learn about all that ... it took couple days to realize this led to a big Train company (sncf) that was just hinting towards its customers that they also offer flights (hence the paris - new york ) ...

I'd like something that original and twisted for CD.
the production is going slow, i hope the marketing guys are not wasting time, and using all these years to come up with something original.
something viral. something mysterious. a twist. a lie.

they should build up the excitement for normal customers, as much as the wait made us crazy.
if they wanna sell, they really should do something special. we dunno about the music yet, but we know the production process has been ... unique... they should play that card.

like months before the release. huge black billboards with that on it :

http://gunsnroses.us/chinese_democracy_ever.htm

rant confused

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 11:39:04 AM »

Put Giant Posters of "Chinese Democracy" when it comes out with the release date, on Champs Elys?es (Paris), Trafalguare Square (London), Time Square (New-York) and every big cities in the world (Rio, Buenos Aires, Madrid, Lisbon, Athen, L.A., Dublin, Copenhag etc...)

Good to see I'm not the only one to worry about the Marketing/Promotion campain for CD. Cool
There are plenty of posts and threads for that, but it would be cool to create an Official Toppic.
Jarmo, What about this one? We can put all the messages about Marketing/Promotion in that thread.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 11:45:00 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 11:58:44 AM »

right on ! Smiley

what do you see nes. ?

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 12:05:20 PM »

I would put: "You can stop to use your illusion. He still have an appetite for destruction. Soon, the Democracy will rule the world"

Grin

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 12:08:32 PM »

Great thread!? I'm not much of a marketing guy myself, but how about some of the posters around here design some type of promotional material ie signs, banners, and whatforth.? Hell you never know, maybe Axl and Merck could get a cool idea out of this thread, or maybe even use something out of it. ok

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 12:13:38 PM »

I would put: "You can stop to use your illusion. He still have an appetite for destruction. Soon, the Democracy will rule the world"

Grin

that's for the content.
what about the shape ? the structure of the campaign ? something plain simple (tv / magazine) or more wierd.

For exemple, Nike did rent the small Statue of Liberty in paris, and put a huge basketball jersey on it (tony parkers' ).

maybe the could play something with china.  play in the forbiden city. ?
or use the new york china town as a huge mysterious promotion field. .... hiring people who will promote the *democracy* as chinese revolutionaries.

there is a lot of stuff that could be done

shaun
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 12:13:53 PM »

what about something that would hit every news station in the world  Wink

Hand out  thousands of T-Shirts with CD printed on the front to the Chinese on the condition that they all stick together and tell their government to shove it! the tanks will start rolling and all hell will break loose  beer
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 12:20:28 PM by D0badog » Logged
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 12:14:26 PM »

Great thread!  I'm not much of a marketing guy myself, but how about some of the posters around here design some type of promotional material ie signs, banners, and whatforth.  Hell you never know, maybe Axl and Merck could get a cool idea out of this thread, or maybe even use something out of it. ok

i was more thinking about the shape or logistic side of the campaign, more than the content Wink but it's kewl Wink

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 12:15:28 PM »

what about something that would hit every news station in the world Wink

Hand out thousands of T-Shirts with CD ptinted on the front to the Chinese on the condition that they all stick together and tell their government to shove it! the tanks will start rolling at all hell will break loose beer

yeah Axl running for some political election in China would do something Wink

Anguro
Headliner

... I never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 12:44:59 PM »

Great site... really great site...

... what about a reality show....?.....? ha!.... yeah right.......

saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 12:45:37 PM »

what about something that would hit every news station in the world Wink

Hand out thousands of T-Shirts with CD ptinted on the front to the Chinese on the condition that they all stick together and tell their government to shove it! the tanks will start rolling at all hell will break loose beer

yeah Axl running for some political election in China would do something Wink

lmao ^
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 03:26:05 PM »

Someone mentioned this a couple of years ago.  How about a commercial that has no sound.  Just 3 seconds of each of the following in black and white-  "Guns N Roses".......... "Chinese Democracy".................... "May 2006"....................

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 07:16:32 PM »

Someone mentioned this a couple of years ago.? How about a commercial that has no sound.? Just 3 seconds of each of the following in black and white-? "Guns N Roses".......... "Chinese Democracy".................... "May 2006"....................

I remember STP did the same thing on their website before the album "4" came out.  They just showed the star thats on the front of the album cover with a snippet of the song "Down".  It worked great for them, especially since alot of the fans thought they broke up after "Tiny Music".

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 07:57:38 PM »

an idea: spread worldwide (internet, with the "viral video" strategy) the video of a *very huge* banner being exposed on the Great Wall in China.... all red with only the words: "starts now... really!!"

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
misterbrownstone
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 11:16:31 PM »

graffiti on the great wall?

i like what you said, buggin.  shit, i had something else to add, so i'll reput it when i think of it.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 01:09:40 AM »

For the first piece of promotion, I think they should put up posters and flyers (black with red and white Chinese writing) that say 'Appetite', put some up that say 'Lies', and some that say 'Illusions'. A little while after those, start putting ones up that have the individual song titles from the track listing of the album ('IRS', 'Madagascar', etc.) These posters should have the words in Chinese that way very few people know what they are...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 07:30:48 AM »

graffiti on the great wall?

no graffiti!! a huge banner, a giant poster

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
izzy*stradlin
Headliner

You Wanted TheBest,Well TheyDidn't Fuckin' Make It

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 09:24:26 AM »

These posters should have the words in Chinese that way very few people know what they are...

not very much..only 1/6 of the planet Earth hihi
Megaguns
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 08:05:02 PM »

I remember the campaign for illusions, Some ads said,

While you wait                              While you wait
Use your illusion                           Use your illusion
        (once)                                          (twice)
   P.S Dont cry.                          P.S You could be mine

Maybe they could do something similar, These ads did not mention the band at all
and i like that, Kinda gets you thinking.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 08:09:05 PM »

an idea: spread worldwide (internet, with the "viral video" strategy) the video of a *very huge* banner being exposed on the Great Wall in China.... all red with only the words: "starts now... really!!"

That pretty kickass! beer

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: