Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:07:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album  (Read 56149 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 11:16:27 AM »

To severely simplify it.... Slash wanted one thing and Axl wanted another, so the rest is history

I beleive Slash has been quoted saying that "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" was supposed to be the next GnR Album but Axl didn't like any of it. So the way I look at it, Since Axl wouldn't do Slash's stuff, Slash refused to do Axl's stuff.

What I meant is : just because a band sells 3 millions of records doesn't mean it's not gonna split. There could be "creative differences" in VR too...

Oh i see, but all reports about VR's new record imply that everyone is on the same page and of the same mind

Warren
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 11:23:48 AM »

I beleive Slash has been quoted saying that "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" was supposed to be the next GnR Album but Axl didn't like any of it. So the way I look at it, Since Axl wouldn't do Slash's stuff, Slash refused to do Axl's stuff.

What I meant is : just because a band sells 3 millions of records doesn't mean it's not gonna split. There could be "creative differences" in VR too...

Oh i see, but all reports about VR's new record imply that everyone is on the same page and of the same mind

And that's why Izzy is so important for GN'R ! Axl+Slash is not enough...

We'll see what happens with VR's new record, whatever may say some optimistic reports.
Eric
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 11:27:20 AM »

Everyone in the new gnr seems to be doing side projects, and so on, except for maybe Fink-I would rather Weiland keep himself busy with a solo album/book than other things (drugs)-I think he is trying to keep himself busy instead of falling into old habits-Slash himself likes to keep busy playing shows, and so on.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 11:29:42 AM »

And that's why Izzy is so important for GN'R ! Axl+Slash is not enough...

We'll see what happens with VR's new record, whatever may say some optimistic reports.

Nah i don't think so. At the time (1993-1995) they had all just had enough of each other. and Slash wanted to slow things down a bit and get back to the roots and Axl wanted everything bigger and better than they already were. Izzy had had enough of Axl in 1991, and as I understand, wanted to lay low and get his life together and away from the huge rock scene, Izzy was done with fame and what it did to him and his freinds.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 11:32:58 AM »

i heard on the radio that? Weiland will be playing a few shows with STP....

you have the wrong band reunion

OK, so he is now doing STP shows, releasing a solo album in the spring, writing a memoir, starring in a movie, and launching a clothing line. ?Actions speak louder than words. ?Does this sound like the activities of someone who thinks that VR is going to launch an album this summer/fall, tour the world, and do all the press for such a high-profile, high demanding act? ?

Common sense say's "no!" ?Scott is a very talented and intelligent person, I think he has always been well aware of how huge GNR was, and that a reunion for GNR and STP would happen at some point. ?

On the other hand, maybe the VR album is done. ?I have no clue, but I think one can surmise that everyone is staying busy with other things besides VR right now. ?BTW, where have Slash and Duff been? ?Holed up with Izzy writing?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 11:40:51 AM »

Minneapolisnewsman you are stretching really, you have no hard facts to base your argument on.

Everything right now points against a reunion if you think about it.

Merck denying it
Axl's Rolling stone interview saying no reunion would happen
Slash and Axl both admitting that they haven't even talked in 10 years

RichardNixon
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 11:42:35 AM »

An STP reunion? I think we'll see a three stooges reunion first.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2006, 11:45:53 AM »

Whether VR splits up or not it would make little difference to GNR. They didn't reunite when there was no VR at all. Why should they now? To fund CD promotion and the new band?  Tongue

I think the mods should just lock it. Garbage. Undecided
I haven't read through this thread yet. Isn't it worth reading?

If this thread is about outrageous "insider(@?b?!!)" rumours, I have a plenty to contribute. Cheesy

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2006, 11:48:10 AM »

OK, so he is now doing STP shows, releasing a solo album in the spring, writing a memoir, starring in a movie, and launching a clothing line.  Actions speak louder than words.  Does this sound like the activities of someone who thinks that VR is going to launch an album this summer/fall, tour the world, and do all the press for such a high-profile, high demanding act? 

Why not? That's one way of looking at it. Another way would be that he's comfortable with where VR is now, most of the songs for the next album are done and all they have to do is record it. No harm in a rocker trying different things to keep himself busy. Plus, with VR selling 3 million+ albums, I think Scott now has some cash to do the things he wanted to do, like acting in a movie and writing...  ok

Fuck 'Em All.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2006, 11:51:24 AM »

Minneapolisnewsman you are stretching really, you have no hard facts to base your argument on.

Everything right now points against a reunion if you think about it.

Merck denying it
Axl's Rolling stone interview saying no reunion would happen
Slash and Axl both admitting that they haven't even talked in 10 years

You are darn right I am SPECULATING!!! ?I have no clue. ?But, I think many things point towards a reunion. ?In fact, the last bit of news we had from someone in the industry, Ross Halfin, stated that GNR was reuniting at Download Festival. ?Moreover, insiders are saying CAA is stating that VR won't tour this summer in light of a GNR reunion. ?Weiland is releasing a solo album, and Axl offered Slash a love letter via Rolling Stone.

We are all speculation, but that is what this board is about, and what being a fan is about! ?Let's have a great day, and realize that there is more GNR action than there has been in sometime. ?The speculation has gone beyond this board, and that is the first time this has happened in a very long time. ?

Also, GNR are getting major play on the radio in the US--massive amounts of spins. ?Labels, and management firms push artists when something is brewing and imminent. ?It is a standard in the industry.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2006, 11:51:37 AM »

Merck denying it:
The fact that he hasn't directly addressed the recent swell in the rumor since the Ross post is curious, plus I don't take alot of stock in Merck making his PR statements thru SP1AT (If he calls them Rubbish in the same sectence)

Axl's Rolling stone interview saying no reunion would happen:
If you read that article, he didn't quote Axl saying there will be no reunion, the only Axl quote is "I haven't talked to Slash in 10 years" which was made on January 18th. At the same time he said he was talking to Izzy.

Slash and Axl both admitting that they haven't even talked in 10 years:
This was said on the 18th of January, Ross made his Statement on February 3rd. That is enough time for Izzy to get Axl talking with Slash.

None of this says there is a reunion comming, but it does say that you can't rule it out just because you don't want it.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2006, 11:52:42 AM »

About the STP reunion thing. ?Scotts got his solo album, and Dean and Robert Deleo from STP are completing their first album with Richard Patrick from Filter. ?The band is Army of Anyone. ?I just cant see an STP reunion right now.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2006, 11:56:18 AM »

I pulled the quotes

Quote from: ppbebe
Quote from: rainX
Merck Mercuriadis has told Splat that there is 'no truth' to recent news reports stating that Axl wants to reform the original line-up of GN'R (a story that has somehow evolved from the recent Rolling Stone story).

I know it's sp1at but it's all we got

Quote from: Axl in Rolling Stone
As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely. "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says.

Hard to play music with someone you don't even have contact with

Quote from: Madagascar88 & Dizzy
What do you miss most from the old Guns N' Roses?
I miss being in my 20s... [I wait like I'm expecting a real answer] [Dizzy smiles:] ... that's what I miss most...

What is your opinion about the new Guns N' Roses?
"I think in a lot of ways its a better band than the old band. the best band... the lineup that we had in 2002 is the best band that I ever played with. [I chime in: "in terms of technical skill?"] skill.. and yea... the whole performance- everything."

Dizzy misses his youth more than the band and says that the new band is better anyway. Kinda a harsh statement if the orig band was gonna reform

Quote from: Slash
I haven't really talked to him directly, but we're not at each others throats or anything like that, just to kill all of that bad blood that people keep recreating. God, it's been going on for 10 years. He and I have never had a conversation, an argument...over that whole 10 years, and people have been generating all this animosity. But at this point there's no friction going on.

Again, hard to play music with someone you don't even have contact with

Which means Velvet Revolver probably in March, April, May. Will be coming out somewhere around that time. It'll be interesting.

Sounds like he's looking forward to a kinda musical showdown with Axl moreso than a reunion.

@ppbebe, it's a decent thread gets you speculating for or against a reunion. basically elaborating on the Download festival rumor
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 12:01:46 PM by Neemo » Logged

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2006, 12:09:52 PM »

I pulled the quotes

Merck Mercuriadis has told Splat that there is 'no truth' to recent news reports stating that Axl wants to reform the original line-up of GN'R (a story that has somehow evolved from the recent Rolling Stone story).

Quote from: Axl in Rolling Stone
As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely. "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says.

Hard to play music with someone you don't even have contact with

Quote from: Madagascar88 & Dizzy
What do you miss most from the old Guns N' Roses?
I miss being in my 20s... [I wait like I'm expecting a real answer] [Dizzy smiles:] ... that's what I miss most...

What is your opinion about the new Guns N' Roses?
"I think in a lot of ways its a better band than the old band. the best band... the lineup that we had in 2002 is the best band that I ever played with. [I chime in: "in terms of technical skill?"] skill.. and yea... the whole performance- everything."

Dizzy misses his youth more than the band and says that the new band is better anyway. Kinda a harsh statement if the orig band was gonna reform

I haven't really talked to him directly, but we're not at each others throats or anything like that, just to kill all of that bad blood that people keep recreating. God, it's been going on for 10 years. He and I have never had a conversation, an argument...over that whole 10 years, and people have been generating all this animosity. But at this point there's no friction going on.

Again, hard to play music with someone you don't even have contact with

Which means Velvet Revolver probably in March, April, May. Will be coming out somewhere around that time. It'll be interesting.

Sounds like he's looking forward to a kinda musical showdown with Axl moreso than a reunion.

@ppbebe, it's a decent thread gets you speculating for or against a reunion. basically elaborating on the Download festival rumor

I don't know squat, but I would reckon that Dizzy either had given up on GNR by the time of his frat party, or GNR gave up on him right after that.  I don't know much, but that might of convinced Axl it's time to hook up with Slash, Duff, and Izzy and rock with rock stars, not bar pugs. 

It's funny, when Dizzy read is making fun of Izzy's writing one has to wonder just how much different he is than Jani Lane and the other wannabe's he was trashing.  When Steven Tyler say's that Izzy is one of the best writers in hard rock, it's tough to take Dizzy's analysis seriously.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2006, 12:10:38 PM »

I pulled the quotes

Actually Merck didnt tell that to sp1at, he told it to rainx (who has nothing to do with sp1at at all).
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2006, 12:12:23 PM »

I pulled the quotes

for all we know, Merck might not even be the mgr. in the next six months.  He has enough problems now with the Sanctuary dissaster.
Actually Merck didnt tell that to sp1at, he told it to rainx (who has nothing to do with sp1at at all).
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2006, 12:13:10 PM »

I don't know squat, but I would reckon that Dizzy either had given up on GNR by the time of his frat party, or GNR gave up on him right after that.? I don't know much, but that might of convinced Axl it's time to hook up with Slash, Duff, and Izzy and rock with rock stars, not bar pugs.?

It's funny, when Dizzy read is making fun of Izzy's writing one has to wonder just how much different he is than Jani Lane and the other wannabe's he was trashing.? When Steven Tyler say's that Izzy is one of the best writers in hard rock, it's tough to take Dizzy's analysis seriously.

Oh if it could be true that Axl got rid of Dizzy. hihi (I'm serious BTW)

It looks like someone finally has the same opinion of him as me ok

RichardNixon
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2006, 12:15:46 PM »

No chance in hell Dizzy will leave. Axl will leave first.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2006, 12:23:54 PM »

No chance in hell Dizzy will leave. Axl will leave first.

I know  Cry

Would you leave if you had a free ride?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2006, 12:25:45 PM »

I just saw someone who know's Weiland say, when discussing why the solo album (due out this spring) now, the longterm future of VR, and that it seems there is something brewing with GNR:? "he's not stupid."

Then the person you were talking to who "know's Weiland" isn't thinking clearly. ?Maybe he got ahold of Weilands old stash?

The movie part? Wrapped. ?Filming (short of any retakes, but that's unlikely) is done.

The solo album? ?Been talking about it since his first one, and has been actively working on it most of the winter. ?He even mentioned it when talking about the new VR album they're working on ("Libertad").

The clothing line?  Know much about celebrity launched clothing lines?  It's not remotely like they are designing this stuff.  It's an approval process.  Mostly made up of meetings after the product is, at the very least, mocked up and ready to roll.  The rest is handled by the biz people, and not Scott.

The book? ?Can be worked on very easily (and symbiotically) during the album creation process and/or tour.

There is nothing, other than rumors, "brewing" with GnR.

The current "rumor" is that VR will drop their album in late spring, early summer. ?Given that was true about 6 weeks ago (see the interviews on the subject), and given they even gave the title about 6 weeks ago, saying that "news of the new VR album has dried up" isn't true. ?They announced the album, gave a time frame, and even gave a working title. ?What's left? ?Working on the actual album....which, FYI, is what they're doing.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 12:28:08 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: